The role of Victarion...

hollowcrown

Victarion seems like a very disliked character to many people on this site. A lot of people only think he is going to deliver Dany some ships so she can get to Westeros, and then die.

But I think he's a more important character. He has some pretty important grievances with his brother Euron which I'd like to see tied up, and some have speculated he could be Azor Ahai with the "salt and smoke" connection he has, being "born" in both of them. He's also got a Red Priest with him, just like Stannis, one of the most magical objects in the series, the Dragon horn, which could also be the horn which breaks the wall, and he has a magical fire hand.

He's one of the most magical characters in the series at the moment, and I'd personally like to see him as more than a plot device to give Dany a fleet.

I'm expecting Vic to steal one of the dragons with the horn and go back to Westeros and start causing havoc.

This will finally give Dany a reason to go to Westeros and she'll get her arse in gear.

Any thoughts on this?

I love his POV's, as i've read someone point out, they were "a breath of fresh air" in all the boring Essos story. But i don't think he will last long, he'll probably just assure victory in Mereen, and that someone will get some control over some dragon, and die somewhere in the middle.

My guess is that he'll get totally screwed by the Red Priest, but it would also be funny for him to be eaten after stating to Dany: "Rejoyce, for you are now mine, woman, and shall bear me many strong children"

I personally think he's much more of a lesser evil than Euron. Euron is plain evil. Victarion is just your typical Ironborn.

i agree he is the lesser evil....but as George has made abundantly clear he subscribes to the theory evil will always triumph over good....because good is dumb.

I don't get all the hate for Vic. I think his POV chapters are actually quite awesome. *shrugs*

ETA: Then again, the only POV characters I DON'T typically like are Bran, post-ACoK Arya, Samwell and Dany. *shrugs again*

I enjoyed his chapters. He's definitely the most interesting Ironborn to me (drawn with Euron). Asha's chapters are kinda boring and same with Damphair.

Anyway...is Victarion simply going to be a plot device for ships? And what is Moqorro's motive if Vic is going to get played?

And what is Moqorro's motive if Vic is going to get played?

Moqorro's allegiance is (most probably) to Dany, that was his holy mission. Vicky plans to kidnap and enslave her.

Not that he bears her any conscious ill will with that, it's just what he does and he probably doesn't even understand the possibility that she might mind, but it's still not in Dany's interest to be 'claimed' by him and thus it is in Moqorro's interest to move against Vicky at some point.

The most straightforward way this could play out is Moqorro simply using Vicky to get to Dany, then warning her before Vic can make his move, potentially disabling him at the same time.

I don't get all the hate for Vic. I think his POV chapters are actually quite awesome. *shrugs*

ETA: Then again, the only POV characters I DON'T typically like are Bran, post-ACoK Arya, Samwell and Dany. *shrugs again*

Might stem from the fact he killed his own wife for being raped by this brother. He's boring, stupid and a complete brute. :dunno: But that's just what I personally think of him, I couldn't stand his POVs

Moqorro's allegiance is (most probably) to Dany, that was his holy mission. Vicky plans to kidnap and enslave her.

Not that he bears her any conscious ill will with that, it's just what he does and he probably doesn't even understand the possibility that she might mind, but it's still not in Dany's interest to be 'claimed' by him and thus it is in Moqorro's interest to move against Vicky at some point.

The most straightforward way this could play out is Moqorro simply using Vicky to get to Dany, then warning her before Vic can make his move, potentially disabling him at the same time.

I think because of the last couple books people are forgetting Danys ability to command. She has it in her to take men who expected to boss her around then out WILL, MANUVER, and THINK them and turn them to her cause.

I also just pictured how badass it would be to see Victorian go head to head with Barristan the Bold. That would be a fight worthy of a song.

it makes more sense to me that victarion would claim her. whatever moqorro has in mind for her will likely be easier to accomplish with him and his ships. dany is eitehr going to end up with victarion or hizdahr. i personally believe that hizdahr zo loraq, father of dragons, will be the next king of westeros, but victarion has a strong chance of claiming that, too.

Victarion is awesome. He is thick as a castle wall, but he is a BAMF. It looks like he is going to ride a dragon and will probably lay waste all over Meereen... but I think the 'too dumb to live' aspect is going to win out in the end. My prediction - he falls into the ocean from dragonback and drowns in his platemail. lulz.

Bring Dany the dragon horn (changed my mind; Tyrion gets the horn, not Dany) and also the fleet she needs to get to Westeros. This new fleet will be composed partly from Vic's own ships and partly from the fleets of Yunkai and Volantis, which Vic will defeat in battle. I don't see Dany and Vic making the trip to Westeros together in an allied capacity, however.

But instead of just being killed off once Dany gets the goods off him, I think Vic will use whatever ships Dany doesn't get from him to chase and harass her on the way to Westeros. I could see him managing to take her captive at some point.

Victarion is awesome. He is thick as a castle wall, but he is a BAMF. It looks like he is going to ride a dragon and will probably lay waste all over Meereen... but I think the 'too dumb to live' aspect is going to win out in the end. My prediction - he falls into the ocean from dragonback and drowns in his platemail. lulz.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Archived