The role of Victarion...

hollowcrown

I'm with you. I would really like him to pull a Quentyn and be around only to die when he gets to Meereen, but I agree there has been too much built up outside of Dany for him to die there. That said I find him repellant and want him dead as soon as possible. What rankles me the most however is the assumption of both Victarion and Euron that Dany will happily be this willing bed-slave and let them rule Westeros. I get that they can't really think of women any other way but it still grinds my gears so I'm anxiously waiting for him to discover Dany has no intention of really sharing power.

Aye! This is another thing about Vic that pisses me off but also makes me laugh, as if Dany is just going to flock into his big strong arms.

I just think Victarion has far too much magic in him to simply die so suddenly after being introduced, I know that's often GRRM's way, but he has a freaking FIRE HAND how cool is HIS FIRE HAND? Pretty cool that's what I think.

With chaos about to kick off on Mereen, and Dany not back yet, I think him arriving, binding a dragon to him, and then legging it back to Westeros would be cool. Dany could then arrive back with some Dothraki, get super pissed and follow him back to Westeros, thus she is now in Westeros.

With so many factions in Mereen right now I'd really like the Ironborn to take some advantage of this.

The Moqorro angle...well we hardly know the guy, if he's going to be so important why not have PoV from him and not Victarion? Dany doesn't seem very religious either...why does she need a Red Priest?

This is beyond insulting to those of the female persuasion.

This is from a man that cuts off the tongues of all the members of his crew. There ain't no way I'm bedding cray-cray no matter how hot he is.

If she was raped wouldn't she tell Victarion or Balon?

http://s224.beta.photobucket.com/user/hope_to_last/media/aSoIaF/feast-for-a-crow.jpg.html

She was unable to resist his charms, granted she did hate her family.

I might make a thread for this so people can discuss this further.

It is a good question. Because she had to know she was doomed if she didn't admit rape. It's possible Euron could have persuaded her to not say anything, possibly telling her dying by Victarions hands would be less severe than what he would do to her.

Hah, yep, Euron too.

As I said, Vic's a riot - and so are his chapters. I don't mind them, and don't take personally what a fictional character does, so I don't hate him. I just enjoy the ride that is Victarion :laugh:

Yeah, I hope we got a POV from him during the battle in Meereen since it would be nice to see a large battle like that with Vic.

I just think Victarion has far too much magic in him to simply die so suddenly after being introduced, I know that's often GRRM's way, but he has a freaking FIRE HAND how cool is HIS FIRE HAND? Pretty cool that's what I think.

With chaos about to kick off on Mereen, and Dany not back yet, I think him arriving, binding a dragon to him, and then legging it back to Westeros would be cool. Dany could then arrive back with some Dothraki, get super pissed and follow him back to Westeros, thus she is now in Westeros.

With so many factions in Mereen right now I'd really like the Ironborn to take some advantage of this.

The Moqorro angle...well we hardly know the guy, if he's going to be so important why not have PoV from him and not Victarion? Dany doesn't seem very religious either...why does she need a Red Priest?

LOL - I have to agree about the FIRE HAND - it is a marvellous accessory.

But I fear Vic is toast...

Victarion thinks that but I doubt that's what Euron assumes. He's far too smart and he has some basic knowledge of Dany.

And I think Euron would be able to control Dany for a period of time because unlike her he knows how to play the game of thrones.

Whether Euron really believes it is impossible to know without a POV in his head, however it is certainly what he puts forth in his conversation with Victarion before he sends him to get Dany. He even sells himself at the Kingsmoot with the promise of conquering Westeros, so whatever specific plans for Dany he may have, I don't think the broad strokes of "she'll be my bed-slave and give me Krakens and I will rule the Kingdom" is really all that off, or that he's plans do not include being someone's consort instead of ruling outright.

This is beyond insulting to those of the female persuasion.

This is from a man that cuts off the tongues of all the members of his crew. There ain't no way I'm bedding cray-cray no matter how hot he is.

LOL That was great.

I think he'll be an interesting contrast to Quentyn. It would be ironic if his brute strength and warrior skills somehow defeated or tamed the dragons. He is definitely going to do some crazy shit.

LOL That was great.

I think he'll be an interesting contrast to Quentyn. It would be ironic if his brute strength and warrior skills somehow defeated or tamed the dragons. He is definitely going to do some crazy shit.

:cheers:

At least someone picked up on the intended humour :lol:

Might stem from the fact he killed his own wife for being raped by this brother. He's boring, stupid and a complete brute. :dunno: But that's just what I personally think of him, I couldn't stand his POVs

Where did it say that his wife was raped by Euron??

While he's funny, he's funny in a 'God what an idiot' way and not because he's likeable.

He is a big dumb brute who kills a guy for pointing out that the Dothraki Sea isn't an actual sea, something Vicky should have known if he was remotely intelligent. And than there's him 'liberating' slaves, as in giving them to his captains and than burning the prettiest ones because One God = Good, Two Gods = Better!

While he's funny, he's funny in a 'God what an idiot' way and not because he's likeable.

He is a big dumb brute who kills a guy for pointing out that the Dothraki Sea isn't an actual sea, something Vicky should have known if he was remotely intelligent. And than there's him 'liberating' slaves, as in giving them to his captains and than burning the prettiest ones because One God = Good, Two Gods = Better!

He's basicially the Iron Borns version of the Mountain, but we get his pov, and he's a little less bloodthirsty then Gregor.

Victarion is a typical product of the ironborn culture, but he is far from being evil, altough he commits some pretty evil acts.

Confuse? Yes i know, but is the truth.

He murdered his wife, after he knows that same wife commited adultery with one of his older brothers . Thats evil in any developed and human rights abiding society.

But in Westeros?

What kind of noble (or common man) would spare the life of his wife if she commited adultery? Probably the kind of westerosi man that wouldn`t mind to be the laughing stock of the entire region, and to be saw has someone so miserable that didn`t even tried to avenge his honour.

He delivered the captured Serry peasants to be slaves in the Free Cities. A order form his King and something he didn`t like to do because was going the ironborn culture of make vanquished enemies thralls and salt wives, not slaves.

He, while in the position of Lord commander of the Iron Fleet, was mocked by a, not-too-bright, captured essosi sailor about the Dothraki Sea. What kind of a westerosi war commander would let alive some commoner, after he mocked him in front of all his subordinates; the kind of commander that would show to their men that he wasn`t capable of using harsh methods to make his command respected.

Regarding the murder of the slaves (men and women): he certainly murdered the poor bed slaves because his cultural background (opressive and disgusting to any sane modern human being) saw them has something monstruous and unnatural - they were men sold to be bed slaves; The case of the women bed slaves used has sacrifice can be see has something embeded in the deepest traditions of the First Men (human sacrifices to apease the gods) and (in a typical religious twisted reasoning) has something like and honour for the slaves - the women would join the Drowned God in some kind of paradise.

And yes: we need more Greyjoys! :drunk:

Archived