Why do the vast majority of the ASOIAF fan-base strongly dislike/hate Daario?

Theda Baratheon

I dislike how he's all talk. It seems he became the leader of the Stormcrows through deception. I also didn't appreciate how he acted toward the dornishmen. I don't hate him, but his loyalty to Dany might be questionable. He's probably a decent fighter though, despite how ridiculous his supposed feats sound.

I dislike how he's all talk. It seems he became the leader of the Stormcrows through deception. I also didn't appreciate how he acted toward the dornishmen.

I think he got a bit jealous of Quentyn's proposition. Also him and Gerris Drinkwater seem too similar, their personalities were bound to to clash.

Personally I don't mind Daario's character. I don't like Dany's character around him though. It's almost like that friend you love to hang out with when it's just them, but when you're chilling with them and their boyfriend/girlfriend it makes you want to puke.

I find i've warmed up to him. Yes, he's a sleazy, badly dressed douche, but he totally owns it and he's entertaining as fuck with it.

I really think thats the one thing you can't lay at his feet - he pretends to be this immoral, uncaring, womanizing, shoot-first-ask-questions later type of guy...and he really is. He does stupid action stuff, he betrays his allies (and chops off their heads) at the drop of a hat, he bangs the chick he wants with no regard for the consequences, he mouthes off to whoever...i'd say he's one of the series better adjusted personalities, really.

One thing I have to admit i'm not a huge fan of is Dany's actual relashionship with him though - not because it's wrong, but just because it's a bit opaque. I'm really not clear what she's getting out of it except some sex that seems to insist is all that hot a little too much, and he's a black box, but, like, not in an intriguing way - more in a blank-in-the-text sort of way. (Like the characterization of most of the Essos characters, really, which is one of my few major gripes with the series.) I fear Daario is short lived.

Yeah, I'm inclined to agree with all of this to be honest, he's sleazy but he never tries to hide that and I kinda have a weird respect for him in that way.

But as you've pointed out with most of the essos characters who are all quite one-dimensional cartoonish, he's not as ineresting as most of the other minor characters.

i don't hate his relationship with dany, i mean if you're getting some good sex then that's okay, but at the same time i hope it doesn't last too much longer. :dunno:

I think he got a bit jealous of Quentyn's proposition. Also him and Gerris Drinkwater seem too similar, their personalities were bound to to clash.

Personally I don't mind Daario's character. I don't like Dany's character around him though. It's almost like that friend you love to hang out with when it's just them, but when you're chilling with them and their boyfriend/girlfriend it makes you want to puke.

yeh i agree with this more than hating the relationship dynamic. i don't like who dany is when she's around him.

He has died facial hair. That is enough for me not to like him.

Still, I also hate the fact that this sleazy, B-list thug gets to bed the most beautiful woman in the world and take the place of Khal Drogo.

I just don't like him. He seems to be a creep lol.

He's from Tyrosh they all have died hair

He has died facial hair. That is enough for me not to like him.

Still, I also hate the fact that this sleazy, B-list thug gets to bed the most beautiful woman in the world and take the place of Khal Drogo.

I just don't like him. He seems to be a creep lol.

aw come on, Dany just fancied a bit o' old slap and tickle with a sexy tyroshi

no reason to hate him :lol:

Archived