From Pawn to Player: Rethinking Sansa XVIII

brashcandy

Tywin didn't orchestrate it. The Freys did, one in particular.

But with his blessing. This is just like saying Elia and her children`s are not on Tywin to blame. Tywin did allowed them to do thid and promised them a lot of things. He has to be blamed in this too.

You're not following my logic, you're constructing a strawmanperson. I am saying that being married to Tyrion is a better alternative to anyone who is a direct puppet of Cersei's, or Joffrey. And I'm pointing this out because you've stated that being married to Tyrion is comparatively worse.

But, this is not about being married to a better man, This is about Sansa`s emotions of that marriage. And it was hell for her, no matter how kind or good Tyrion was in occasions. I have said that marriage to Tyrion is worse than Cersei`s marriage to Robert, or Lysa`s to Arryn. I wasn`t reffering to any Cersei`s puppet in particular.

Nor did Tyrion gain anything, even theoretically. Appointing him Warden of the North would have lost the Lannisters the support of Boltons and other northerners. He did indeed ponder if he is gaining anything, of course.

He would have. Boltons are just puppets in Tywin`s hands. They didn`t hold the North, Tywin allowed them, and what is given can be taken. Sansa`s right was better than fArya`s and Boltons wouldn`t be able to do anything if Tyrion showed up North claiming Winterfell. If the PW never happened, Tyrion would end up on the North with his child with Sansa, and she would probably be dead.

'The only thing that prevented him from being judged a criminal is committing the crime itself'.

I am not judging Tyrion, I am just saying that he was seen as a threat by Sansa. And unintenionally, with his gaze and hard penis at their bedding, Sansa drew a logical conclusion that he wants her. whet he said after all, and that he could have her any time, what he has thought of.

On the psychological imprisonment issue, it has been forshadowed that Sansa will escape unscrached.

Sansa rejecting the pomegranate that Littlefinger offers her is a reference to the myth of Persephone and Hades (It has been mentioned before most likely).

On the psychological imprisonment issue, it has been forshadowed that Sansa will escape unscrached.

Sansa rejecting the pomegranate that Littlefinger offers her is a reference to the myth of Persephone and Hades (It has been mentioned before most likely).

Might that not be more of a physical imprisonment issue if we're looking at Hades/Persephone, or a bit of both? :) In any case, I agree that Sansa will ultimately reject LF as a mentor and whatever else he has in mind, but I don't know if it's possible for any of the Stark children to emerge completely unscathed from any of their respective "training" grounds.

Might that not be more of a physical imprisonment issue if we're looking at Hades/Persephone, or a bit of both? :) In any case, I agree that Sansa will ultimately reject LF as a mentor and whatever else he has in mind, but I don't know if it's possible for any of the Stark children to emerge completely unscathed from any of their respective "training" grounds.

I don`t think that Starks will ever be the same. It`s the point of ressurection, and that`s how I see them. I don`t know whether I have posted it here, but for me, all Stark kids are `dead` now, and what is expecting them is some sort of rebirth - Sansa will at the end toss the mask of Alayne, Arya will never fully become no one, Rickon will return from Skagos, and Bran will explore Stark connection with COTF. It`s like Ironborn phrase `what`s dead may never die but rise harder and stronger`. And that`s how I see Stark kids rebirth, same kids, new characteristics...

Archived