Gregor Clegane

Alexander Stark

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Personally, I think replacing Conan Stevens with Ian White is the dumbest movie I have seen made in television since starting a reality show based on honney boo-blob.

The person or people responsible for that decision need to have their decision making privileges revoked.

Ian White misses the mark of what Gregor Clegane by huge margins. He even looks terrible in the show, he looks too nancy and weak.

Personally, I think replacing Conan Stevens with Ian White is the dumbest movie I have seen made in television since starting a reality show based on honney boo-blob.

The person or people responsible for that decision need to have their decision making privileges revoked.

Ian White misses the mark of what Gregor Clegane by huge margins. He even looks terrible in the show, he looks too nancy and weak.

Conan Stevens left to work on The Hobbit, he wasn't fired. And of course he would choose a major epic movie trilogy over a tv show where he has 3 lines a season.

Why is this all in bold? Anyways we all agree that Connor Stevens was a better Mountain but as stated above, it wasn't the showrunners fault.

Ian Whyte has a great voice for the role, just imagine him bellowing out Gregor's extremely horrible response to Oberyn as he's doing his thing in the trial. The biggest problem is that he lacks that physicality and presence that Stevens had. They could bulk him up a bit with better armor than he had in S2, but he's just not as good. It's a shame.

They could bulk him up a bit with better armor than he had in S2, but he's just not as good. It's a shame.

Not to mention in S2 Whyte was dressed as a typical Lannister guard as opposed to a knight of House Clegane. Stevens' scene in S1 had him in some pretty cool looking armor. Not so much for Whyte in S2. That could've made a huge difference.

Not to mention in S2 Whyte was dressed as a typical Lannister guard as opposed to a knight of House Clegane. Stevens' scene in S1 had him in some pretty cool looking armor. Not so much for Whyte in S2. That could've made a huge difference.

I never noticed that, but you're right! Why didn't they put him in a proper armor? That huge shoulder guards would have made a big different on his appearance.

Yeah, Conan needs to come back. He is most definitely a beast in man-form!

If he doesn't come back though, I would look towards strongmen or professional athletes as they are the only ones with the physique required.

Like this guy, icelandic strongman 207cm tall: http://www.bigdonsboys.com/strength/pages_5_6/images/06_09_hafthor_julius_bjornsson_010.jpg

I know he probably sucks as an actor, but where are you gonna find accomplished actors of that size anyhow?

Archived