Impression of Lysa Arryn (Tully) thus far.

Capthoke

To this point (I'm just past the 3/4 mark) I can't see a use for Lysa. She's a stuck up snob that was hiding behind her sister. Until the RW chapter all she did was complain that she got the short stick by being sent to the Eeryie while Cat claimed her spot in the North. Now after the RW she get's all hot and bothered with Littlefinger and things couldn't be better in her opinion. Well i'm not convinced, and I hope she gets a good slap in the face. Thoughts?

Just keep reading, and you will find out if your hopes get a satisfactory response. Lysa is a deeply troubled person. Littlefinger loved her sister more, while she (thought she) was in love with him. She gets married off to an older man, and was already psycologically damaged before this, but now this gets added to it.

I don't really like her, but I pitty her. She didn't deserve what has happened to her, she was just an innocent girl.

• 2 weeks later...

Not that her actions can be completely justified.

But from her point of few she was dealt a bad hand in life. So didn't she care what happened to the rest of the world.

She was married to a man who must have been her father's age.

Her opinions or wishes never mattered in the larger scheme of the male dominated society.

So she decided to take things into her own hand.

She probably leaned toward instability anyway (some people are more emotionally fragile), and all that happened to her along with being married off tipped her over the deep end, losing all those babies wouldn't have helped either. I feel very sorry for her, although she didn't come to the Stark's aid, or

give much thought or care to Sansa

but I don't think she

deserved what happened to her...but I guess there was no other path for her, given what she had become

Archived