Small questions v.10002

Angalin

Hey there. i just want to know if it is known why Jon Con is infected with grey scales?!

At first I thought it was because of him rescing Tyrion from drowning. But since his POVs I thought this was not plausible because of the state the sickness already is in (compared to Tyrion) and his opinion towards Tyrion. I felt the only reason he jumped into that river was because he was already infected.

Did i miss something in the text?

Hey there. i just want to know if it is known why Jon Con is infected with grey scales?!

At first I thought it was because of him rescing Tyrion from drowning. But since his POVs I thought this was not plausible because of the state the sickness already is in (compared to Tyrion) and his opinion towards Tyrion. I felt the only reason he jumped into that river was because he was already infected.

Did i miss something in the text?

What do you mean compared to Tyrion?

He was infected when he rescued Tyrion from the river. The fact that one was infected does not mean the other one will have to be also.

He was infected long before he jumped to save Tyrion. This becomes clear in his POV - heisn't surprised nor is it something new to him.

And I have been seeing recently questions of the type, "Why is someone infected with X" and I honestly don't know how such a question is expected to be answered.

He was infected long before he jumped to save Tyrion. This becomes clear in his POV - heisn't surprised nor is it something new to him.

And I have been seeing recently questions of the type, "Why is someone infected with X" and I honestly don't know how such a question is expected to be answered.

What? Where? I missed this...

I too always thought it was at Brightwater Keep, thought it was said but the wiki just says that Edric Storm was made in the marriage bed, not where it happened.

Ha, my mistake, the wiki says it was during rescuing Tyrion. I don't know, I had the feeling from his POV that he had it from before, and that's why he was wearing gloves. And his thoughts of "F*ck it, I will install Aegon to the throne and then die" seemed to suggest to me that he had them (the Greyscale and the thoughts) from before.

Yea but he states something to the effect that he should've let the damn dwarf drown which makes me believe that's when he was infected. Also iirc he kinda

Gives an expectancy of having about 10 years or so before he's totally screwed like the ones on the bridge which would make it a relatively new thing for him. That n its as of right now confined to his hand.

Yea but he states something to the effect that he should've let the damn dwarf drown which makes me believe that's when he was infected. Also iirc he kinda

Gives an expectancy of having about 10 years or so before he's totally screwed like the ones on the bridge which would make it a relatively new thing for him. That n its as of right now confined to his hand.

Yeah good points, I seem to be wrong after all. Did he start wearing gloves during his journey (after saving Tyrion) then, or do we not have any indications?

Thinking about this: Why are JonCon's fingers turning BLACK? Even a Summer Islander became grey skinned. Including hands.

Hi. House Baratheon's sigil is a crowned stag. I wonder if the stag was crowned before House Baratheon became the royal family.

I seem to recall that the stag is still crowned in the Dunk and Egg stories, which are set about 80-90 years before the present day. Don't quote me on that, though.

Hi. House Baratheon's sigil is a crowned stag. I wonder if the stag was crowned before House Baratheon became the royal family.

To expand...

The Baratheons took their sigil from House Durrendon a.k.a. the Storm Kings, so it wouldn't surprise me if their sigil always was the crowned stag.

EDIT: Gah, I meant to say it wouldn't surprise me....

Why did Sandor, when offered a place in the KG, declared he had no lands or anything?

I remember Ned depriving Gregor of his land and titles, and sentencing him to death. Following that logic, Sandor was then the heir to House Clegane, so why he says he has no lands.

Could GRRM have made a mistake?

Ned attaining Gregor was null after Joffrey was king. So Gregor was still the head of House Clegane.

Why did Sandor, when offered a place in the KG, declared he had no lands or anything?

I remember Ned depriving Gregor of his land and titles, and sentencing him to death. Following that logic, Sandor was then the heir to House Clegane, so why he says he has no lands.

Could GRRM have made a mistake?

I believe the KG give some kind vow like the NW to not take wives, to have no lands. If the KG has lands and family he can't be totally devoted to the king.

Lord Whent, who hosted the Tourney at Harrenhal, was Oswell Whent's brother. The houses that stayed loyal to the Targaryens in the Riverlands were Mooton, Ryger, Goodbrook and Darry, that we know of. At least in Darry and Mooton's case, their castles are relatively close to KL. Harrenhal is relatively close to KL as well, so this adding to the family relation makes it possible they sided with the Targaryens.

However, we don't know how Minisa was related to the rest of the Whents. Its possible she was Lord Whent's sister, but Cat's absence at the Tournament makes this suspicious if Lord Whent was her uncle. But on the other hand, unless they married for love, Hoster would have married to a high lady, and I would assume a cousin to the main Whent line would be below his station as Lord Paramount, which means she would probably be very close to the main line.

In the end, the evidence we can go off of makes it seem equally likely that they served either side. But given that they are not mentioned to be loyalists, we can assume they ultimately sided with the Tullys, regardless of Oswell's position as KG knight.

I find this interesting in that I have come to the same conclusions about the Whents and Minisa Whent's probable relation to the previous Lord Whent and his brother Ser Oswell. If this is true however, Ned (or one of his men) was responsible for the death of his wife's uncle at ToJ.

Archived