Small questions v.10002

Angalin

I have some questions. What was a procedure to be crowned before Robert's Rebellion?

Does the crown prince automatically become a king? Does he need Great Septon's and Great Council's approval? If Aerys and Rhaegar with his first children died, Jon is not the king yet? Does he need some kind of recognition to be the king? Assume 3 KGs gave vows to Jon, but this is n't enough, right?

I have some questions. What was a procedure to be crowned before Robert's Rebellion?

Does the crown prince automatically become a king? Does he need Great Septon's and Great Council's approval? If Aerys and Rhaegar with his first children died, Jon is not the king yet? Does he need some kind of recognition to be the king? Assume 3 KGs gave vows to Jon, but this is n't enough, right?

Hard to say. In most cases the crown was passed down to eldest son. However the Dance of the Dragons, and when Egg got the crown things were not clearly defind and a group tried to decide who would be king. It worked with Egg, and failed so bad they had a war the other.

In contexts you are asking, yes Jon was the rightful king, after the MK, R, and A VI died. Go to R + L = J thread for more.

What is Justin Massey's game? He makes a big show of being craven in the longhall, but I think it's just that, a show. What is he up to?

I'm not sure why he did those things, but not only does he want to marry Asha, but it seems like he wants to go high in Stannis' inner circle. Probably just grabbing as much rank as he can in case Stannis wins.

Not sure if this is big or small. Looking at a map and at her actions, Taena Merryweather is a total Tyrell tool, right? With a dose of ambition?

I think she's probably Varys' catspaw. Remember, Varys tried to sow discord between Cersei and the Tyrells by planting an old Reach coin in the quarters of "Rugen," and later on Taena "happened" to corroborate that evidence by claiming that the Queen of Thorns likes to pay people using those coins. Seems all too coincidental to me.

I think she's probably Varys' catspaw. Remember, Varys tried to sow discord between Cersei and the Tyrells by planting an old Reach coin in the quarters of "Rugen," and later on Taena "happened" to corroborate that evidence by claiming that the Queen of Thorns likes to pay people using those coins. Seems all too coincidental to me.

Hm I always thought that coin was a misdirection to make trouble and it helped me AHAH once I was directed to Rugen's identity. So that is definitely a possibility. GRRM has no problem having more than one scheme going on at the same time but I forgot Taena mentioned those coins. It's possible Olenna does do this, or has a cache of old coins that Taena knows about but uses them honestly if at all and Varys/Rugen happened to leave one to put suspicion on the Tyrells independently. Taena might have stirred the pot further for her own agenda once Cersei mentioned the mystery. Who knows? It might be a Hugh of the Vale thing.

Here's a quick question....after he is killed, one of Craster's wives says to Sam that he should flee with Gilly before "the sons come." are Craster's boys - and i presume all such offerings - Others or Whites?

She believes they are Others.

She is almost certainly wrong. There is no solid basis possible for her belief and it simply doesn't make sense that the babies become others, at least in a way she could know about..

^ that reminds me of smth i wanted to ask. What is the difference between the Others and the White Walkers. If i recall it right when Brann was asking old Nann for stories about the long night she mentions White Walkers and he says smth like "you mean the Others" (i'm not sure of the exact quote) And again in GoT someone was telling about the activity of creatures and wildlings beyond the wall, I believe it was Ben Stark, but i could as well be wrong and it was smth among the lines "white walkers have been spotted near Eastwatch"

P.S. I know that in the TV show they are called WW and not Others for w/e reason the directors had.

Recently read in a few places, including the wiki, that the last time the Wardens (North, South, East, and West were all called into action was the War of the Ninepenny Kings. However, there is no footnote.

Does anyone know of any verification for this statement?

^ that reminds me of smth i wanted to ask. What is the difference between the Others and the White Walkers. If i recall it right when Brann was asking old Nann for stories about the long night she mentions White Walkers and he says smth like "you mean the Others" (i'm not sure of the exact quote) And again in GoT someone was telling about the activity of creatures and wildlings beyond the wall, I believe it was Ben Stark, but i could as well be wrong and it was smth among the lines "white walkers have been spotted near Eastwatch"

P.S. I know that in the TV show they are called WW and not Others for w/e reason the directors had.

Wight Walkers and Others are the same. WW isn't really used in the book except by Old Nan.

I think it was a Jon pov when they said Wights, not the Others but the reanimated dead things, have been spotted by East Watch.

Here's a quick question....after he is killed, one of Craster's wives says to Sam that he should flee with Gilly before "the sons come." are Craster's boys - and i presume all such offerings - Others or Whites?

The orthodox do not like such questions. Yes that is what she means.

I would suggest you visits heresy, if you want to discuss it.

^ that reminds me of smth i wanted to ask. What is the difference between the Others and the White Walkers. If i recall it right when Brann was asking old Nann for stories about the long night she mentions White Walkers and he says smth like "you mean the Others" (i'm not sure of the exact quote) And again in GoT someone was telling about the activity of creatures and wildlings beyond the wall, I believe it was Ben Stark Mormont, but i could as well be wrong and it was smth among the lines "white walkers have been spotted near Eastwatch"1

P.S. I know that in the TV show they are called WW and not Others for w/e reason the directors had2.

1. IMO we don't know if there is a different between Others and WW. It could be that they are 2 different names for the same thing, or it could be 2 different parts. As in Wooddancers and Singers, or Men and Women.

2. They only call them WW on GoT because of "The Others" on Lost. They thought it would confuse people, but IMO if you smart enough to follow the show, your smart enought to know the differents between Lost and GoT.

I think it was a Jon pov when they said Wights, not the Others but the reanimated dead things, have been spotted by East Watch.

It actually does say "white walkers" in that scene (and I believe it was in the Tyrion chapter where he has a meeting with the Night's Watch leadership). But I agree that they are the same thing as the Others

Recently read in a few places, including the wiki, that the last time the Wardens (North, South, East, and West were all called into action was the War of the Ninepenny Kings. However, there is no footnote.

Couldn't find any, the War of the Ninepenny kings doesn't come up a lot in the books. It does make sense though, since that was the last invasion of Westeros from the outside. In Roberts Rebellion two of the wardens were rebelling and I dunno if the Tyrells got involved in suppressing the Grejoy Rebellion.

Not that I remember. I'm not sure why the Wardens of the North and West should get involved over the Stepstones.

Not that I remember. I'm not sure why the Wardens of the North and West should get involved over the Stepstones.

I'd imagine only if they perceived the threat serious enough to need the collective strength of the Kingdom...

Hey, I'm new to the forums. Just one quick question. I was reading the thread where some guy asked about whats the strongest fortification in westeros, and I've noticed people mentioning Greywater Watch, and I'm curious about what is so awesome about it? I heard it can't be found, is it hidden, does it move around or what? Thanks in advance :)....

Hey, I'm new to the forums. Just one quick question. I was reading the thread where some guy asked about whats the strongest fortification in westeros, and I've noticed people mentioning Greywater Watch, and I'm curious about what is so awesome about it? I heard it can't be found, is it hidden, does it move around or what? Thanks in advance :)....

It basically can't be found, like you said. Also it is said that it moves. I doubt you'd be able to find it unless the Crannogmen want you to find it.

Also, welcome!

Basically, what makes it so awesome, is that it floats around the Neck's swamps, and is difficult to even find. Google "crannog" and you will have some kind of a picture.

Welcome to the forums.

Archived