Small questions v.10002

Angalin

Didn't really feel this thought was worth starting a thread for but I was just wondering if Rhaego, Drogo and the horse's death were the three lives that gave Dany's three dragon eggs their life? Is that a consensus or popular theory at all?

Is there any reason given why Ned brought only six companions to ToJ? They were going against the best knights in the realm. Wouldn't have surprised me if all 7 of them got slaughtered in a heartbeat.

No way to know but 3 and 7 are key numbers in the series. Also Howland may have had some sort of advantage.

Is there any reason given why Ned brought only six companions to ToJ? They were going against the best knights in the realm. Wouldn't have surprised me if all 7 of them got slaughtered in a heartbeat.

I thought this was because he knew something was up and only wanted people around him he had absolute trust in.

Didn't real feel this thought was worth starting a thread for but I was just wondering if Rhaego, Drogo and the horse's death were the three lives that gave Dany's three dragon eggs their life? Is that a consensus or popular theory at all?

I think they have to be human lives. Rhaego, Drogo, and Mirri Maz Duur.

Do you think Roberts hatred of Targs and Rheagar could be traced back to his parent being killed looking for Rheagar a wife? Also why would the Mad King call for Robert's head along with Ned's, what did Robert do?

I doubt it, his grandmother was a Targaryen I think. It just stemmed from Rhaegar taking Lyanna and Robert blaming him for her death. I assume Aerys called for Robert's head also because Robert was betrothed to Lyanna. I probably didn't help that he was a very paranoid man.

I thought this was because he knew something was up and only wanted people around him he had absolute trust in.

Same.

That (discreteness), along with the practical fact that a small group can travel much quicker than a host of men.

As Bran becomes a stronger greenseer / warg would he be able to warg something while still being himself? Like warg a horse but at the same time be able to use a bow or sword while riding. Or do you think its just one or the other?

As Bran becomes a stronger greenseer / warg would he be able to warg something while still being himself? Like warg a horse but at the same time be able to use a bow or sword while riding. Or do you think its just one or the other?

I think one or the other, but maybe he could exert some amount of influence on an animal without having to completely warg it.

My small question: How is Lyanna's death explained? Rhaegar raping her to death? Since Ned only brought bones back I presume no one looked to closely at them - signs of having given birth might have been evident to a maester.

Well as far as the realm knew Rhaegar was holding her as a captive. Its easy to die when you're a captive, so everyone just went along with that I'd assume.

Where is Woolfield? Thinking near Ramsgate in or near the Sheepshead Hills.

You are probably spot on. They could be the Lords of Ramsgate, since for some reason we don't know who is the Lord there. And given Leona Woolfield's marriage to Wylis Manderly, I'd assume they inhabit lands sworn to Manderly.

Well as far as the realm knew Rhaegar was holding her as a captive. Its easy to die when you're a captive, so everyone just went along with that I'd assume.

Funny how there are so many tales of where the bastard came from and not so much how Lyanna died.

Funny how there are so many tales of where the bastard came from and not so much how Lyanna died.
Well over on R+L=J they seem pretty convinced thar fever + bed of blood indicates puerperal fever. Seems reasonable to me, if you accept that she had a child within 7-10 days preceding her death.

Well over on R+L=J they seem pretty convinced thar fever + bed of blood indicates puerperal fever. Seems reasonable to me, if you accept that she had a child within 7-10 days preceding her death.

I am referring to the characters in the book. They know she had a baby? I missed that.

What can a greenseer do that a warg can't? Is it a combination of a green dreamer like Jojen and a warg, or can normal wargs have green dreams to? Can normal wargs surf the weirnet?

I think only the greenseers can do the weirwood stuff, not sure about the dreams. I dont recall Jon or even Bran having a green dream though.

Archived