Small questions v.10002

Angalin

I find it odd that The Ned's mother is never mentioned. Are there any fan theories about her?

Aw dude, I totally read through a few of those "who is Ned's mom" threads earlier! It seems the only concrete information we have is a mention by Bran (to Meera & Jojeen) that Ned's maternal grandmother was a Flint of the mountains. The specific quote is "his father's mother's mother had been a Flint" (his father being Ned). The fact that she has been deliberately omitted from the books (to the point that her name doesn't even appear in the appendices) would seem to be quite significant. Some have suggested that she may have been the pregnant women who appears in Bran's dream/vision (when he sees a young Ned) who implores the Old Gods to give her a son to take vengeance (vengeance on who or what & for what reason is unknown). Anyway, there is no concrete evidence as to who Rickard Stark's wife was.

Why was Septa Mordane executed when the Lannisters took power? I find it unusual they would execute a septa, due to her holy status and non-combatant nature.

Basically I don't think it was premeditated or an "execution" in the strictest sense. I think she just happened to die in the chaos of The Tower of The Hand & Joff took the opportunity to fuck with Sansa.

This is in either the last or second to last Jon chapter, I think.

Jon is off with the Halfhand and he is inside Ghost in a dream and he finds a weirwood tree and he realizes it has his brothers face and smells death, because Bran is in the crypts, then Bran tells him not to be afraid and he likes it in the dark.

I can't understand how Bran gets inside the tree, since he hasn't been to see Bloodraven yet. Unless Bran is just reaching Ghost through the wall and not in the tree.

I just found this again. Bran thinks of it before they even leave Winterfell so I think it was done via Summer or else the time travel thing

But wasn't there also a part where, was it Jon, thought that he couldn't even detect Ghost any more because he was on the other side of the Wall? (When Ghost was still North.)

Is Bran being able to contact Ghost through Summer through the Wall a special thing, then? Very large powers versus the still pretty underdeveloped ones that Jon Snow has?

But wasn't there also a part where, was it Jon, thought that he couldn't even detect Ghost any more because he was on the other side of the Wall? (When Ghost was still North.)

Is Bran being able to contact Ghost through Summer through the Wall a special thing, then? Very large powers versus the still pretty underdeveloped ones that Jon Snow has?

That was odd. He and Ghost were on opposite sides of the wall however. I am thinking Bran contacted Ghost and Jon via Summer if it happened in real time. At that time, Jon and Ghost were on the same side of the wall. Summer and Ghost werent, but Ghost does have some connection with the other wolves - I cant recall if it happens when the wall is between him and the other wolves - have to check.

Was Bowen Marsh castellan of Castle Black only or does it make him CEO for the whole NW during the vacancy of LC?

I believe he was just the castellan. I think that's why Stannis was rushing them to choose a LC, because they couldn't make big decisions without one.

Archived