Small questions v.10002

Angalin

Anyone else ever wonder why edmure can't stand tom o'sevens? I found it strange in the scene in affc when Jaime has tom sing the rains of castamere to edmure, and he basically begs for anyone other than tom and to keep him away from him.

Because Tom wrote a song about a floppy fish that was a thinly veiled allusion to an instance when Edmure was impotent while with a woman.

The book that Sam dropped could be a book about the Targaryen linage(Maester Thomax’s Dragonkin, Being a History of House Targaryen from Exile to Apotheosis, with a Consideration of the Life and Death of Dragons), and constantly updated like that book Ned had in KL.

OK, not sure what your meaning is. We were talking about if Aemon knew about Jon. IMO if he knew I think he would have told Sam before writing it down. Once written any one could find it, and Aemon was smart enough to know that was a secret that could not be let out, even to Jon. He did trust Sam, and would likely have told him, if he knew.

That being said, Aemon did seem to know more about Starks and the Wall, and that they had a place above others. Which is why he told Jon, (paraphrasing) you are a son of WF, it is you or no one.

Because Tom wrote a song about a floppy fish that was a thinly veiled allusion to an instance when Edmure was impotent while with a woman.

There is also the fact that he hates singers generally because one once stole a woman he loved, which Catelyn mentions internally in the scene where she meets Marillion at the inn at the crossroads in aGoT.

Are there any leading theories or subtle hints from the book i may have missed regarding "the house with the red door" that dany lived in @ bravos when she was younger? I think this has to have some fairly serious significance and importance for her storyline, possibly revealing a new perspective about her story so far rather then her story in the future.. Because it keeps popping up, especially in ADWD!!! She seems to remember it fondly..

Also, since it was part of her visions in the house of the undying, could that imply that all of those visions are to some degree related to her story, since it was part of her life in the past? Sorry, i just thought of that while asking the previous question.

Are there any leading theories or subtle hints from the book i may have missed regarding "the house with the red door" that dany lived in @ bravos when she was younger? I think this has to have some fairly serious significance and importance for her storyline, possibly revealing a new perspective about her story so far rather then her story in the future.. Because it keeps popping up, especially in ADWD!!! She seems to remember it fondly..

Also, since it was part of her visions in the house of the undying, could that imply that all of those visions are to some degree related to her story, since it was part of her life in the past? Sorry, i just thought of that while asking the previous question.

The house with the red door was where she lived while Ser Darry was alive.

It was the only place that she could call home and the only place that she felt happy (before marrying Drogo.)

That is why she always thinks fondly of that time.

The house with the red door was where she lived while Ser Darry was alive.

It was the only place that she could call home and the only place that she felt happy (before marrying Drogo.)

That is why she always thinks fondly of that time.

Right, but if its just a place she lived before marrying khal drogo then why does it get such an.. interesting title both in her hotud vision and all her memories? "The house with the red door".. it implies that there is more about it that we don't know, since it is being remembered by the color of its door (a seemingly mundane detail). Anyways, ill take your response as a No to my question. :).

Could Brown Ben Plumm be the third head of the dragon?

He has a little bit of dragon blood in him.One of his ancestors is a Targaryen. The dragons are already fond of him.

I think it's gonna take a lot of convincing for Dany not to kill him when he inevitably switches sides again. Hard to imagine her trusting him with a dragon.

There is also the fact that he hates singers generally because one once stole a woman he loved, which Catelyn mentions internally in the scene where she meets Marillion at the inn at the crossroads in aGoT.

Wasn't that Tom O'seven too? The reason he wrote the song is Edmure got drunk, so Tom got the girl?

Wasn't that Tom O'seven too? The reason he wrote the song is Edmure got drunk, so Tom got the girl?

Yes I think that's right. It's one of those stories that unfolds in hints over several books and character's POVs. I had forgotten that part :dunce:

Damn it. Now I have to read them all over again :read:

When you join the nightswatch you leave your former life behind. You have no family but your brothers. How comes Benjen Stark can go to Winterfell when Robert visits Ned? I know the Black brothers would have to treat with the Lord of Winterfell and who better than a son of Winterfell but still all that about forget your family name and old loyaltys seems different in he's case?

When you join the nightswatch you leave your former life behind. You have no family but your brothers. How comes Benjen Stark can go to Winterfell when Robert visits Ned? I know the Black brothers would have to treat with the Lord of Winterfell and who better than a son of Winterfell but still all that about forget your family name and old loyaltys seems different in he's case?

His loyalties to the Night's Watch take precedence over everything else, but he can still visit his family, just like they can visit him.

The King was coming to Winterfell, that had probably not happened for a long time. In fact, it's unlikely they'd had a King north of The Neck for quite a while, the Watch would need to be represented at the feast. I'm actually surprised Mormont didn't make the trip himself to try & get a word with the king.

Archived