Would Jon possibly marry Jeyne Westerling?

In order for this theory to even occur I understand lots must go down. So we would have to assume the following:

1. Jon is alive

2. Jeyne actually escaped with the Blackfish

3. Jon is relieved of his NW vows or the NW no longer exists

4. Jon recieves Robb's will and accepts his crowning as King in the North and Lord of Winterfell

5. Rickon is not brought back by Davos right away ( I think Jon would turn down the will if he learned Rickon was alive)

So assuming all of that, would it be totally wierd? Ned took his brother's place after he died. Granted Brandon and Cat weren't married yet, but they did know each other. Would Jeyne being pregnant possible sway Jon one way or another?

Personally I don't think it will come up. I am under the assumption that the Jeyne Jaime saw was really her and her mom gave her moon tea and is not pregnant.

I DO think Jon would marry her if he believed it is something Robb would have wanted and would rule as Regent to the King in the North until Robb's son was of age.

I don't see this ever coming up, but, it all depends on circumstances. The only way he would do it IMO is if Robb very specifically asked him too. Would be ironic though, the child he would be raising would not be his own, just like Ned.

Exactly, it would mirror Ned on two levels, taking his brother's place and raising a siblings son as his own. I agree Robb would have had to specify it, but I think he would ask to help raise the son if he knew Jeyne was pregnant. And if she asked him to put a ring on it, then he may.

Almost 100% no. The only two scenarios I can see this happening are:

1, Serious brain injury or case of Targ madness on Jon's part

2, Robb making one of the dumbest decisions in human history and asking Jon to do so

Cat was never married to Brandon and Stark/Tully marriage was a political union. Jeyne brings almost nothing. Not to mention how uncomfortable it would be for both Jeyne and Jon.

Who isn't going to marry Jon Snow? Aunt-wife Dany seems a foregone conclusion to some. Some see Val as a good wife material for Jon. I remember someone noticing that Shireen blushed when talking to him, and concluding that wedding bells were in their future. Some even ship Jon and Arya, but I refuse to even discuss that union. :ack:

It's a fortunate coincidence that the Targaryens practiced polygamy, but how many wives can poor old Jon have, until the neighbors start whispering and pointing at him on the street? And he vowed celibacy, too.

Jon would be under no obligation since he is Robb's cousin not brother.

I don't think Jon would marry Jeyne. I think he will pick someone else for his bride, the foreshadowing points to the likeliest candidate being Val.

Who isn't going to marry Jon Snow? Aunt-wife Dany seems a foregone conclusion to some. Some see Val as a good wife material for Jon. I remember someone noticing that Shireen blushed when talking to him, and concluding that wedding bells were in their future. Some even ship Jon and Arya, but I refuse to even discuss that union. :ack:

It's a fortunate coincidence that the Targaryens practiced polygamy, but how many wives can poor old Jon have, until the neighbors start whispering and pointing at him on the street? And he vowed celibacy, too.

Arya and Jon is just wrong..

It is pretty funny now that you mention it. He took a vow not to marry, but everyody is trying to marry him off to this one or that one. Personally, the least wierd person to marry would be Val. There is no blood relationship there and he is attacted to her. I personally don't think he will marry, but who knows.

Edit @ fire eater: True, I do believe in R+L=J, though as far as Jon knows (at the moment at least) he and Robb are brothas from anotha motha..

It depends, if Rickon shows up like you think he will, wouldn't Rickon marry her then? Because, everyone else in the books believe that Jon is a bastard.

If Rickon, or Bran, does show up then I don't see Jon becomming lord of Winterfell.

I'm still not sure if she will marry one of the Starks though - maybe it depends on if she is pregnant or not.

Why on earth would Jon need to marry Jeyne? If Robb did get her pregnant (and it's a boy), then Jon being his new "father" doesn't help the kid's claim in any way. If Jeyne isn't pregnant (or the child is a girl) Jon marrying her serves no point, especially since she offers no political gain. So to answer the OP, no, Jon would no possibly marry Jeyne Westerling.

Jon would be under no obligation since he is Robb's cousin not brother.

I don't think Jon would marry Jeyne. I think he will pick someone else for his bride, the foreshadowing points to the likeliest candidate being Val.

Yes, I agree Jon and Val would make a good pair. Plus why on earth would Jon marry Jeyne Westerling? She has this weird Yoko vibe about her, gives me the creeps.

:lmao: :lol: :lmao: where is like button?

ETA: Val belongs to Jon and Jon belongs to Val

It would be a weird little twist mirroring Ned marrying Catelyn after Brandon's death. It would be unlikely but I'm not sure it would be odd. In Mideval times if a man died wasn't it tradition that his living brothers looked after his widow? I know that's not the same as marrying her but it wouldn't totally gross me out if he did this.

And he vowed celibacy, too.

There's a loophole here, me thinks. He vowed not to take a wife and father no children, oh yeah. If Jon likes Jeyne, go ahead and do some hunky-punky things, just don't marry or father children to her. Jon's head is safe.

There's a loophole here, me thinks. He vowed not to take a wife and father no children, oh yeah. If Jon likes Jeyne, go ahead and do some hunky-punky things, just don't marry or father children to her. Jon's head is safe.

AND his brothers in the Night's Watch literally stabbing him in the back should relieve him of his commitments to them I would imagine.

Archived