The Winds of Winter Prologue

Since CoK and AFFC both had master-centric prologues, WoW will probably follow the same path. My best guess is it will focus on Highgarden's maester (allowing us to meet Willas) right before it comes under attack by Euron Greyjoy. A similar scenario could work for Casterly Rock, but since we've already met all the important Lannisters, Highgarden is where my money is.

In ADwD, Kevan was killed in Pycelle's chambers. Kevan noticed a dead Pycelle before he died. Obviously this thought is a bit out of sequence, but only by minutes. Perhaps we'll get a prologue of Pycelle's final moments. His final remembrances could answer much of what transpired during the key events that have so many questions remaining from days all the way back to Aegon.

Possible Winds of Winter Prologues:

A sacrifice at the red temple in Volantis: Shows us what is really up with the Red Priests. (Note: I believe that Arya is going to be sent to kill the high priest of R'hollar as her first faceless man assasination.)

Jojen Reed: We know he is going to die, he pretty much said that his return to Grey Watch tower would be very sad. I don't know what information we could gleen from a POV from Jojen, unless it is an introduction to Howland Reed.

A prisoner of Qyburn: We get an inside look at "Blood Magic" and see what is really going on in the dungeons of king's landing. We could learn that Qyburn may be more loyal to Roose then to Cersei or we could learn that Robert Strong is not as invincable as he appears.

Rhaegar Targaryen: As Rhaegar rides to the Trident and we get an in person account of the most impactful battle of the entire ASOIAF, we learn that Rharger loves Lyanna and we get more hints that R + L = J.

Walder Frey: Being stabbed by Lady Stoneheart, or eaten by a huge direwolf. I don't think we are just going to hear in passing that the lord of the crossing died, I think we are going to see it.

1) A novice sent to kill the High Priest of a major world religion.... no.

2) Jojen has nothing to offer from a POV standpoint. The pattern is north of the wall and then south. The prologue POV is going to be in the south. He very well be dead and eaten in the weirwood paste already.

3) Qyburn isn't a big enough force/player to have a POV designed around him. He was an inept master of whispers who's only contacts were underworld snitches and people Varys paid to deliver false reports.

4) Not even bothering to spend the time to refute a RHAEGAR TARGARYAN prologue.

5) So Lady Stoneheart breaks into the Twins with Nymeria......... Keep on smoking whatever it is you are smoking.

Most likely a POV will come from a southern maester. Maybe the maester in Highgarden or Hightower. Lord Hightower hasn't left his castle in decades and is a worshiper of Rhllor. His maester could give a lot of insight on him with Oldtown being under siege by Euron. Wyllas would finally be introduced from his maester's POV. I doubt the POV would come from Mereen because the last few chapters of the last book set up the upcoming battle very nicely.

Maybe the PoV won't be a Maester, but one of Euron's mute crew as they prepare for an attack on Oldtown? Being mute won't stop them thinking! I am quite anxious to know what's happening down there with Marwyn and Sam and the FM known as Pate. It will also provide a limited PoV, as the crew member will have limited understanding of what Oldtown is and what it stands for, so it would allow for an interesting prologue that will not give too much away.

Im hoping to see a Benjen prologue and the lands of always winter.

Yes, showing what happened where he stopped lighting tree tops on fire to show his way. I suspect that he knew he was being hunted, possibly by the others and stopped lighting them, fearing it would give his track away. The end of the prologue may or may not involve his death. I suspect that Starks due to their magic/royal blood may be imune from becoming a "white walker" but they can surely die.

Possible Winds of Winter Prologues:

A sacrifice at the red temple in Volantis: Shows us what is really up with the Red Priests. (Note: I believe that Arya is going to be sent to kill the high priest of R'hollar as her first faceless man assasination.)

Jojen Reed: We know he is going to die, he pretty much said that his return to Grey Watch tower would be very sad. I don't know what information we could gleen from a POV from Jojen, unless it is an introduction to Howland Reed.

A prisoner of Qyburn: We get an inside look at "Blood Magic" and see what is really going on in the dungeons of king's landing. We could learn that Qyburn may be more loyal to Roose then to Cersei or we could learn that Robert Strong is not as invincable as he appears.

Rhaegar Targaryen: As Rhaegar rides to the Trident and we get an in person account of the most impactful battle of the entire ASOIAF, we learn that Rharger loves Lyanna and we get more hints that R + L = J.

Walder Frey: Being stabbed by Lady Stoneheart, or eaten by a huge direwolf. I don't think we are just going to hear in passing that the lord of the crossing died, I think we are going to see it.

the only one of these that seems plausible at all is jojen.. still i think the POV will be of Osha leading rickon and finally finding davos.

A POV from Highgarden or Casterly Rock would be terrific. Those are the two settings that I'm dying to read about.

im also interested in this.. i think tyrek lannister is a pretty loose plothole... technically he is the heir to the rock right now.. i for one think varys took him and he didnt just get murdered in the riot when they sent myrcella off..

Im hoping to see a Benjen prologue and the lands of always winter.

No way dude that means he's toast. If he's still alive after all this time I want more than just a prologue from him.

It's going to be awesome no matter who it is, but I would like it to be a major character we've heard of, but not from. I'm going to guess Ser Balon Swann who will find and fight Darkstar in single battle. We all know who is going to win if that's the case. This would put Darkstar over as a real threat with a sword.

Osney Kettleblack. He will reveal some of the queens secrets and littlefinger's like having Tyrek Lannister stored away somewhere. Does he get a trial by combat or is he just to be executed?

I would think we know most of Cersei's secrets by now. I mean it's not like she holds back in her POV's. She seemingly tells the readers everything she is thinking.

Archived