Heresy 41

Black Crow

While I mull over Black Crow's question I have a question of my own. When Bran eats the paste and slips his skin he's instructed to follow the roots up into the tree, but instead of popping up somewhere north of the Wall, he goes directly to the heart tree at Winterfell, and all the memories of the tree he sees are all from the tree at Winterfell. Are we all just assuming that he will be able to see through any weirwood?

While I mull over Black Crow's question I have a question of my own. When Bran eats the paste and slips his skin he's instructed to follow the roots up into the tree, but instead of popping up somewhere north of the Wall, he goes directly to the heart tree at Winterfell, and all the memories of the tree he sees are all from the tree at Winterfell. Are we all just assuming that he will be able to see through any weirwood?

Yes. The Winterfell one was easy for a first attempt because its the one he knows, but there's no reason why he should be restructed to that one just as in time he won't need any weirwood eyes.

Yes. The Winterfell one was easy for a first attempt because its the one he knows, but there's no reason why he should be restructed to that one just as in time he won't need any weirwood eyes.

I think this shows Bran is more powerful than even BR thought,but weirwoods are necessary,including the eyes.But he will be able to see beyond the eyes.

Otherwise,he might as well unplug himself from the weirnet and wander at will (on Hodor's back,of course!).

In keeping with the re-occuring theme of Heresy and Football, I am wondering if the King's Hand has peered into the fires of R'Holler to provide us guidance on today's Superbowl Game, so that all fellow Heretics might propser in his wisdom!!!

Oh our Raven friends of course :cool4:

Cat credits the Crone of the Seven with letting in the first crow...and we can assume that they view that as wisdom?

Not sure, the way I read it she opened the door to look within and the crow took the opportunity to slip through, rather than that the door was opened in order to admit the crow.

The way I see it is that the Crone opening the door represents knowledgeable men trying to overcome Death, but that in the process of doing so they instead created more death and destruction

And it could be an analogy to something like in trying to overcome Death and achieve immortality, the ____ caused the creation/admittance of the White Walkers and therefore the wights.

Just re-read Bran's chapter in ADwD - the one where he eats the weirwood paste sits in his chair and sees his father through the heart tree at Winterfell. He was waiting for Meera & Jojen to come back STARING at the fire when he fell asleep and had his second dream about Winterfell - the one where it ends with him tasting the blood of the captive the white haired woman cuts the neck of.

What I am trying to say is that

1 Bran is not connected to the weirwood net when he has his 2nd dream

2 Bran was staring at the fire when he did have this dream

Just re-read Bran's chapter in ADwD - the one where he eats the weirwood paste sits in his chair and sees his father through the heart tree at Winterfell. He was waiting for Meera & Jojen to come back STARING at the fire when he fell asleep and had his second dream about Winterfell - the one where it ends with him tasting the blood of the captive the white haired woman cuts the neck of.

Proof of our theory that all magic is based in one and the same and accessed through different outlets? :dunno:

Has anyone thought that similarly to how the Children are using the Others now, they may have unleashed them in the Long Night as well. Maybe the Last Hero and his pals were not setting out on a quest to find the only people who could help them, but were instead setting out to find the Children and plea for mercy.

I'm not so sure. He was certainly cosily tucked up and watching the fire, but then he fell asleep and his vision was through the eyes of the weirwood at Winterfell rather than the flames.

Has anyone thought that similarly to how the Children are using the Others now, they may have unleashed them in the Long Night as well. Maybe the Last Hero and his pals were not setting out on a quest to find the only people who could help them, but were instead setting out to find the Children and plea for mercy.

The thought that the Children may bear some responsibility for unleashing the Long Night is not new, but there's no doubt as the story goes that the 13 were on a quest to find the Children and seek their aid, rather than to find somebody to surrender to.

I still rather like the notion of it being the grail quest with the Horn of Joruman filling in for the Grail.

If the Crone inadvertently let in a crow when she peered through the door of death, then she doesn't appear to be a very wise woman. It should be the young, inexperienced maid that opened Pandora's box. Not an aged wise woman. I think there's something there.

If the Crone inadvertently let in a crow when she peered through the door of death, then she doesn't appear to be a very wise woman. It should be the young, inexperienced maid that opened Pandora's box. Not an aged wise woman. I think there's something there.

The Stranger told the Crone she can open any door in his place, except one.

Ta-dah.

Proof of our theory that all magic is based in one and the same and accessed through different outlets? :dunno:

True that, Bran through the Weirwood paste was using the outlet of Earth; while Mel uses the outlet of Fire.

The thought that the Children may bear some responsibility for unleashing the Long Night is not new, but there's no doubt as the story goes that the 13 were on a quest to find the Children and seek their aid, rather than to find somebody to surrender to.

I still rather like the notion of it being the grail quest with the Horn of Joruman filling in for the Grail.

I find this as more compelling evidence that the wall must come down, why have an instrument that could bring down the wall and have it named " The Horn of Winter". I can't recall but how did Joruman get the horn?

I don't think we're ever told. And it's not clear why everyone thinks it'll bring the Wall down either. In the songs it wakes giants from the earth, so bringing the Wall down doesn't obviously follow from that. And in turn, it (ETA: waking giants) isn't the obvious effect of something called 'the Horn of Winter'. There must be something important we're not told about Joramun and the giants and the Wall.

He's also in the Night's King story, supposedly allying himself with the Stark of Winterfell to bring the NK down.

Archived