A media academic searching for answers on the popularity of GOT fan websites, all replies greatly appreciated!

fanofthis

I think you would get many more answers, and much more useful information, if you provided a little bit more information yourself. For example, something about the aims of the study, how you might use any information provided, any larger context, the basic stuff - even a contact for questions.

Honestly, I haven't finished Dance despite getting the hardcover. Nor have I gone out of my way to watch the show.

So, no correlation for me between being on this board and GoT. Of course I haven't gone to the book forums boards in awhile, as I personally felt all the major issues I had were discussed.

Honestly, I haven't finished Dance despite getting the hardcover. Nor have I gone out of my way to watch the show.

This, except I got the book from the library. I came for the books, but I stayed for the people. Does that mean I have to leave? ;)

Most of my friends haven't read the series so for me it was a good way to connect with other readers. I read fast and often miss some things in a series such as ASOIAF. Participating in the discussions was a good way to find out which parts of the story I should pay more delicate attention to.

Not finished Dance, not reread Bakker? What kind of person are you? Next thing you tell me is you don’t know the names of Fëanor’s sons.

What aspects of the Game of Thrones fan websites encourage you to be a more dedicated fan?

Like I told the other media entity, I was captured in the highlands of Myanmar: pinched for smuggling dried lemur foreskins. It was kind of rough. Thankfully, one of my captors had some reading material to help pass the time. Between the back issues of The Watchtower and the ASOIAF books, I was able to disappear into a fantasy land between vicious canings.

We fell in love and went to Mars.

Honestly, what kind of research question and methodology is this? Is this for a grade school or high school project? Because I have a hard time imagining that any data you gather in this way can be used legitimately on a college level or above research projet.

Archived