A media academic searching for answers on the popularity of GOT fan websites, all replies greatly appreciated!

fanofthis

What aspects of the Game of Thrones fan websites encourage you to be a more dedicated fan?

The ads with the hot chicks in nerdy t-shirts. I fucking love those ads!

as he's obviously an infiltrator from the goodkind board, and goodkind doesn't write fantasy, but literature regarding important human themes, the answer accordingly must be that no such geek card ever issued.

This would be more believable if there were any Goodkind boards still left on the interwebs. Sadly there are not, and haven't been for some time. The interwebs is a sad place.

It's mostly been the "Miscellaneous" forum discussions that have kept me here. I only participate in the Book and TV Show Forums in the few weeks after a book/novella is released, or when the TV show is on-going.

Usually, after a few weeks of discussion, most of the good theorizing on new material has been done. The rest is just re-treading and repetition as the old threads fade away, and people who never read them start the same old discussions over and over again. I mean, has there actually been any change in the consensus arguments for R + L = J despite god knows how many threads there have been in the sticky since I first started discussing it with these guys back in 2006? Or, hell, even farther back, before I arrived here?

I get ads from some online corset store. Left the browser open with a sticky for my Christmas present, I did.

I used to get that one but haven't seen it in a while. Now I've got one for asianbeauties.com, which is just offensive.

I used to get that one but haven't seen it in a while. Now I've got one for asianbeauties.com, which is just offensive.

The best was when that ad was showing up for me in the Feminism threads. As my amazing (even if she is a pirate) coworker-friend put it: "Algorithm Fail".

Archived