A media academic searching for answers on the popularity of GOT fan websites, all replies greatly appreciated!

fanofthis

I prefer the "Meet your female Asian Soulmate" ads, but the t-shirt ones are pretty ok, too.

No no no no no, I don't want to meet these chicks, I just want to ogle them in their Zelda t-shirts. Meeting them would mean I'd have to change out of my sweatpants and brush the cheeto crumbs out of my beard decend from my tin can to Earth and awe the world with my godlike beauty.

fuck off. i am getting pajamagram ads now.

and myshkin,

there is no shame in your semen-crusted sweatpants and cheeto stained neckbeard....i mean hopefully.

Of all the people in the world I knew I could count on MC to accept me for who I am.

And I'm getting the "Meet Thai Singles" ad right now. I guess the spiders failed to read my last post.

What aspects of the Game of Thrones fan websites encourage you to be a more dedicated fan?

First of all I think the popularity comes from the larger-than-usual time lapse between the release of the novels. Let's face it everyone here is a huge fan of the books and having to wait 3-5 years between them gives far more room for speculation than with other, quicker authors (this is in no way a criticism of GRRM, merely a statement of fact). Also, I think it is the sharing of common experience and feeings with regards to the books. One of the unique characteristics of ASOIAF is depsite it taking place in a fictious land and a distant past, what the characters go through very much apply to situations and events that each one of have, and will, encounter. I don't know if this provides some insight but feel free to reach out and I will gladly expand.

I'm guessing the OP wishes he'd have posted this in the book forums rather than GenChat. But that's what you get for not knowing the lay of the land.

I'm not sure the book forums would have been that much more helpful if I'm honest.

I just really love sharing my love for the seris!

I was lured here while doing research on the Ottoman Empire. I was intrigued by the concept that it was the largest empire in history due to its hills and found the debate truly stimulating. Changed my whole outlook!

Lies. As yet, there is no mention of Robert Stanek here.

Game. Set. Match.

1) The other one features Robert Stanek?!

2) This one is still better because it tackles the controversial issue of how to go about meeting Thai singles.

Archived