Posters of the Known World

Ghost Paw

Hello all!

Recently I've become obsessed with getting cool wall posters of all my favourite things, such as the Great Wave by Hokusai (if you haven't heard of it check it out! Very beautiful.). It struck me the other day that it would be awesome to have a giant poster of the Known World that has recently been released! Can you imagine having all the lands from The Lands of Always Winter down to the Jade Sea plastered on your bedroom wall?

I googled it and found that there are plenty of Westeros posters, with some Free Cities and part of the Dothraki Sea thrown in, but these are mainly inspired by the TV series. I'm desperate to find a map of everything, inspired by the books rather than the show.

Does anyone on the forums know of a way to get something similar? Thanks for any help you guys can give me!

ps: I love this forum. The only saving grace from the torturous time we have to wait until the next book :(.

You're looking for The Lands of Ice and Fire released in late October. It features a Known World map and 11 others. I got it for about 40 dollars but I'm guessing you can buy it off the internet cheaper. You wont find pictures on the internet however, as the maps I believe are private property of something or another.

I thought the Lands of Ice and Fire still hadn't been released? Am I mistaken? I thought the Lands of Ice and Fire was the one that had been delayed and will be the collection that accounts everything to do with ASOIAF, the book that everyone seems to be discussing in the main thread- The World of Ice and Fire... are they not the same thing?

In any case, I just had a look online for what you recommended me Mr Motte. It looks awesome and I definitely think I'll be buying this simply for the posters.

I'm guessing I've confused the pending book the World of Ice and Fire with the Lands of Ice and Fire.. :dunno:

Mr Motte, thank you Sir. You're a legend for getting back to me. I can't wait to have these on my wall. Would you recommend protecting the posters in some way or are they quite sturdy as is?

Archived