Wouldn't ASoIaF be better if...

Fragile Bird

Wouldn't the ASoIaF series have been better, more kickass, if a different family had been chosen to be the central characters? What if it were the wild and crazy Greyjoy family, instead of the Starks and all those little kids?

Imagine if various factions of the family came back from the sea to a council on the beach, and what they found washed up on the shore was a huge Kraken, with a bunch of little kraken clinging to it? (Don't worry about nature and facts at the moment :lol: ) Imagine if each of the squidlings had some characteristic that made it obvious who it belonged to, like one with a blind eye that radiated power, for Euron, or one that grinned all the time, for Theon? And each of the family members could travel with the squid hanging on their shoulder. Think of a scene with Theon about to be slaughtered by an enemy, and his kraken leaping onto the face of the attacker and sucking it off.

Imagine warging into a Kraken, travelling under the sea. . .wouldn't Patchface's songs really resonate? And how differently would Stannis's attack have been handled, instead of green fire lighting up the sea, giant Kraken slithering up from the deep and pulling down the ships?

How would you make the books better? Pretend you're 14 years old and with a wild imagination...

ETA: Oh, I forgot - and the dead Kraken on the beach was speared by the prow of a Baratheon ship...

I think this has possibilities. I think the runt kraken would be Theon, which is why he always has an inferiority complex. This does bring a whole new spin to the drowned god aspect of things, as the krakens cannot drown. If the krakens cannot drown, then obviously the Greyjoys couldn't drown either, which would make the drowning ceremony obsolete. Also, they could all possibly wear their krakens under turbans like in the Harry Potter movie, you know?

How would I make the series better...I would have a separate family from the North, a rival family whose sigil is a flaming lion and...and they could warg lions! Yes, they would...ok I'm getting carried away, but I like the story the way it is, I wouldn't change a thing.

I think it would be fitting and kick ass. Like reading Viking history instead of the boring War of the Roses.

I disagree, Mya. Personally, I think it would be fitting and kick ass. Like reading Viking history instead of the boring War of the Roses.

That is an awesome point!

I thought about the Tyrells too, but it turns out they were also part of the War of the Roses. They could have had falcons to warg into.

Archived