Lemore of Norvos?

Jon's Queen Consort

I have come across with a theory that Septa Lemore is Mellario of Norvos. This is the most plausible theory that I have seen as Septa’s real identity.I do beleive that Lemore=Lemore but if she has to have a secret identity I believe she is Mellario.

The reasons I think that it might be true:

• Mellario would be at least in mid 40s
  • Mellario would have dark hairs and dark eyes (something that it would be unnoticeable)
  • Since she lived many years in Westeros she could fake or adopt the accent.
  • She is a Lady
  • Since she is Aegon’s aunt she had reasons to help him and teach him.

What do you think?

I have come across with a theory that Septa Lemore is Mellario of Norvos. This is the most plausible theory that I have seen as Septa’s real identity.I do beleive that Lemore=Lemore but if she has to have a secret identity I believe she is Mellario.

• Mellario would have dark hairs and dark eyes (something that it would be unnoticeable)
  • She is a Lady

What do you think?

What does it do for the story?

Why is her identity secret?

Isn't Mellario actually known to be in Norvos?

Why would JonCon trust her.

She's not actually related to Aegon by blood, only indirectly through marriage.

What are the actual pointers/clues? All you've really got is dark hair and a non-blood, non-personal connection.

I think i like it more than the Ashara Dayne theory, it also raises a lot of questions.

She knows about her husbands nephew but why does she keep it from him? it could just add to how Aegon is fake or mean that their relationship is just that bad.

What would she gain from helping Aegon? Revenge? Considering that JonCon is actually looking for Prince Dorans support would go against that

Is Prince Doran in on this? If he was then

Why would he send Arianne to see if Aegon is a pretender

But that would also mean (or at least I hope)

Arianne might get chance to meet her mother

it would be really amazing.

What are the actual pointers/clues? All you've really got is dark hair and a non-blood, non-personal connection.

1- Thats for GRRM to answer

2- The wife of the Prince of Dorne is living with an exiled lord and a (supposed) Targaryen who is a threat to the current ruling family... It wouldn't exactly help keep Aegon a secret.

3- Doesnt mean its completely true, JonCon (and a lot of other characters) was known to be dead till proven otherwise.

4- This, we cant know.

As for the clues I agree with you there is not much.

1 That is left to be seen.

2 Because she is the consort of Dorne with someone that could be a threat to the current ruling House.

3 That is not necessary, For the public knowledge Arya is in Winterfell married with Ramsay.

4 Because she is married to his uncle and possible ally

5 And?

6 I never claimed I had. No one has when it comes to a Lemore’s identity.

I think i like it more than the Ashara Dayne theory, it also raises a lot of questions.

She knows about her husbands nephew but why does she keep it from him? it could just add to how Aegon is fake or mean that their relationship is just that bad.

What would she gain from helping Aegon? Revenge? Considering that JonCon is actually looking for Prince Dorans support would go against that

Is Prince Doran in on this? If he was then

Why would he send Arianne to see if Aegon is a pretender

But that would also mean (or at least I hope)

Arianne might get chance to meet her mother

it would be really amazing.

Doran sent Quentyn away and took him from her. It would be a payback.

Yes revenge. Both foe Elia and for herself

He may not know.

Or know and sending Arianne to meet her future fiancé and her mother. You can never know when it comes to Doran :dunno: I like him :cool4:

I think Lemore is probably Ashara, but probably isn`t good enough. Never thought of Mellario, since there`s no logic behind it.

When it comes to Lemore's identity I don't think that there is something that have logic.

But Mellario has reasons to be with Aegon. She is his aunt and she wants revenge for Elia. Even planning to marry Arianne with Aegon.

Doran sent Quentyn away and took him from her. It would be a payback.

He may not know.

Or knowing and sending Arianne to meet her future fiancé and her mother.

But how is it revenge if her husband possibly might be siding with Aegon, who she is with as well?

I think (or once again hope) Doran and Mellario were actually working together, and had made up the whole fight thing as an excuse for her to go east with an objective to bring back someone to avenge them.

But how is it revenge if her husband possibly might be siding with Aegon, who she is with as well?

I think (or once again hope) Doran and Mellario were actually working together, and had made up the whole fight thing as an excuse for her to go east with an objective to bring back someone to avenge them.

The kind of "You took my son I am taking your nephew"... :dunce: :drunk:

I would agree with you. I want to see Doran and Mellario working together... He may

have send Arianne to see if Aegon is real

but how can you ever be sure with Doran? :cool4:

• She is a Lady

What do you think?

Ι think that the most mysterious part about Lemore is the fact that she has no problem to appear naked in front Tyrion and the stretch marks he notices on her belly. Mellario could be a candidate, althought that rises the question of her motives. Did she intend to take part in Aegon's conquest, hoping that Aegon would marry Arianne? But then again, wasn't Aegon originally trying to reach Dany? I would love to meet Mellario though, kind of sad if you think about it. All Martell children had a very sad love life, even Oberyn. Tyene's mother is another likely candidate, but wouldn't Doran and Oberyn be informed in that case of Aegon's existence? I think that if Oberyn suspected that one of Elia's children had survived, he would take action.

Although, I think that I would prefer it, if Lemore is Lemore.

Crackpot: Lemore is Mellario, who is also Tyene Sand's mother :eek:

2 Because she is the consort of Dorne with someone that could be a threat to the current ruling House.

No, she is estranged. She is not any longer the consort of Dorne

3 That is not necessary, For the public knowledge Arya is in Winterfell married with Ramsay.

For which there are clues.

There are no clues to Mellario not being in Norvos.

4 Because she is married to his uncle and possible ally

She has no connection at all to JonCon. I think you are confused here.

5 And?

So she has no automatic 'care' for Elia, or Aegon. They aren't her blood.

6 I never claimed I had. No one has when it comes to a Lemore’s identity.

A respectable theory has to have some respectable clues. This doesn't, and isn't.

There are a lot of clues to Ashara, and many of them are a lot more specific the best you have for Mellario. Dark hair, stretch marks and rough age are supporting clues, but as frequently, unnecessarily, brought up in the Ashara debate, virtually meaningless on their own. And they are all you have.

She has no need to revenge Elia, and less need to revenge for herself.

When it comes to Lemore's identity I don't think that there is something that have logic.

Thats your problem. There are plenty of data points there, and everything is completely within the boundaries of reasonable variance.

But Mellario has reasons to be with Aegon. She is his aunt and she wants revenge for Elia. Even planning to marry Arianne with Aegon.

No, she does not. She has no blood relation to him, and no need to revenge Elia nor any indication she has such a desire.

And the plan is for Aegon to marry Dany, not Arrianne. Feelers are being sent out with possible matches for Aegon as enticement to Dorne, but thats not the actual plan AFAICR.

Although, I think that I would prefer it, if Lemore is Lemore.

:agree: I said that if she had to have a hidden identity...

No, she is estranged. She is not any longer the consort of Dorne

So? She stops to be a player?

For which there are clues.

There are no clues to Mellario not being in Norvos.

We haven’t clues for almost nothing, yet they happen.

She has no connection at all to JonCon. I think you are confused here.

She is a highborn and an ally. If Illyrio send her JonCon could do nothing but accepted her and later trusted her.

So she has no automatic 'care' for Elia, or Aegon. They aren't her blood.

People tend to care for other people even when they are not their blood. Look the Mountain clans and “The Nedd’s girl”

She has no need to revenge Elia, and less need to revenge for herself.

People tend to care for other people even when they are not their blood. Look the Mountain clans and “The Nedd’s girl”

Thats your problem. There are plenty of data points there, and everything is completely within the boundaries of reasonable variance.

What you mean?

No, she does not. She has no blood relation to him, and no need to revenge Elia nor any indication she has such a desire.

And the plan is for Aegon to marry Dany, not Arrianne. Feelers are being sent out with possible matches for Aegon as enticement to Dorne, but thats not the actual plan AFAICR.

JonCon’s and Illyrio’s plan. That doesn’t mean that she couldn’t have her own plan.

:agree: I said that if she had to have a hidden identity...

So? She stops to be a player?

We haven’t clues for almost nothing, yet they happen.

She is a highborn and an ally. If Illyrio send her JonCon could do nothing but accepted her and later trusted her.

What you mean?

JonCon’s and Illyrio’s plan. That doesn’t mean that she couldn’t have her own plan.

I miss the like button :cool4:

And she's capable of being a Septa...?

Probably makes up all her lessons as she goes along :cool4: . Can't wait to see Aegon trying to recite the names of the seven gods to a Westerosi: "... and one was the Black Goat I think, and then there's the one with the bearded priests... oh the Weeping Woman, she's one of the 7 too, isn't she?"

Seriously, she could have learned about the faith of the seven in Westeros, but it's one more assumption this theory needs.

Probably makes up all her lessons as she goes along :cool4: . Can't wait to see Aegon trying to recite the names of the seven gods to a Westerosi: "... and one was the Black Goat I think, and then there's the one with the bearded priests... oh the Weeping Woman, she's one of the 7 too, isn't she?"

Seriously, she could have learned about the faith of the seven in Westeros, but it's one more assumption this theory needs.

We know that in Norvos they practished many differents religions. So why Mellario couldn't follow the seven? Also as a princess consort she would probably took lessons and learn how the seven work.

Archived