The Lyanna + Rhaegar = Jon Thread

Stark Future

I disagree and didn't say that. I'll say this now. It's 99% the case that R+L=J isn't true. But should anyone care what I think? No :). My point was only that people who hold strong convictions about R+L=J (or any other theory) are not making the theory any more or less refutable.

It just means either they a) are blind to logic or facts B) advocate theories because of emotional biases c) are reasoned individuals that weigh all details before determining the best conclusion or d) follow none of the above. It is not for me to say which one Tyrion's Song falls under :D .

Artanaro

Are you going to kill yourself when the last book is released? I mean when you realize just how seriously fucked up your "logic" is. I have read your and Ser Greguh's debates on these boards and I was utterly shocked.

I like to believe that I fall under category c. Considering that I'm currently studying my last year in law school here in Sweden it would be odd if I didn't. In fact sometimes I wish I didn't adhere so strictly to the school of logic and reason, but I guess it comes with my line of studies. My studies have also made me extremely bullshit-resistant btw.

That's a possibility, but that would mean they didn't know the Dothraki (or the Westerosi) very well. Drogo wouldn't exactly have settled down in the Red Keep to rule the Kingdom. And considering the Dothraki view of women, they wouldn't have alowed Dany or any other woman to rule them.

Not to mention the problems their way of life would have caused with the people already living there. The Lords of Westeros may accept murder and rape of civilians as a necessary evil in war but I doubt many of them would take kindly to having their small folk (or their families for that matter) being regularly murdered, raped and sold as slaves by the Dothraki.

Not a very good way to reinstate a deposed line on the throne...

But Dany wouldn't have ruled- Viserys was the heir at that time.

I mean when you realize just how seriously fucked up your "logic" is.

Bring up an issue with my theory, and I'll be happy to discuss it with you. :D

I like to believe that I fall under category c.

Everyone thinks this about themselves. In truth a, b, and c make up different sections of all individuals, but the percentages differ from person to person.

Considering that I'm currently studying my last year in law school here in Sweden it would be odd if I didn't.

This reminds me when Ser Greguh started listed his many math classes, only one of which applied to the question at hand. That was funny too. Saying you go to law school means nothing to me. One's reasoning shows their logical abilities, not a piece of paper from the local community college.

Artanaro

I disagree and didn't say that. I'll say this now. It's 99% the case that R+L=J isn't true.

What I said should mean: I agree with you that you can't say R+L=J is 100% true. The thing with 50% 50% was my opinion not yours. Otherwise I wouldn't write: I would say

Still 99% is a bit overrated don't you think? I mean I would hope that it's that way, but I wouldn't believe. The few "facts" we have (or should we better say hints) can be used in both ways and it depends how you interpret them.

For the rest logic is a fine thing. :)

What I said should mean: I agree with you that you can't say R+L=J is 100% true.

I'm nitpicking but it's that last point. I think someone can say R+L=J is 100% true. Just that, it's a reflection on the person's intelligence. My post was more a comment about those who say "I'm so sure R+L=J is true, I'll have goat sex if it's not" or "There's no way that Jon and Dany end up together, but if they do, I'll convert to the Lovecraftian religion of Ctullhu." Proscribing percentages to whether a theory is right is idiotic, even if I do it also :P . But the confidence, which people like or dislike theories is very funny. That was the point of my post. But having said that, I am sure R+L=J is bogus. I have never had a satisfactory answer to any of my questions about it, and my theory explains every question to the last detail. Hell, it even makes more sense from a story perspective, but story evidence is gay, so I try to avoid it. Anyways, forgive me if I sound like a dick sometimes. I just have a direct way of writing online. And you have a great screen name by the way.

Artanaro

Archived