Small questions for ADwD, v.V

Angalin

Is it explicitly said that Griff caught Greyscale from saving Tyrion? When I was reading through those parts, I got the idea that Griff was already infected, was hiding it from everyone else on the boat, and only looked checked on his condition to be sure it wasn't spreading too quickly. So it wouldn't become obvious right away that he had it.

Is it explicitly said that Griff caught Greyscale from saving Tyrion? When I was reading through those parts, I got the idea that Griff was already infected, was hiding it from everyone else on the boat, and only looked checked on his condition to be sure it wasn't spreading too quickly. So it wouldn't become obvious right away that he had it.

It is never explicitly stated no, but as far as I remember he only began sewing gloves and therefore hiding his infected hands after he had saved Tyrion. Which suggests that no, he didnt already have Greyscale

It is never explicitly stated no, but as far as I remember he only began sewing gloves and therefore hiding his infected hands after he had saved Tyrion. Which suggests that no, he didnt already have Greyscale

Ah, okay. I didn't really pick up on when he started doing that stuff when I was reading. I'll have to go through the chapters again. Thanks!

Just so I'm clear, Cersei's incest charge is for sex with Lancel, correct? I'm asserting this based on the lack of action taken against Jaime by the Faith, and the fact that the High Septon is hostile towards Stannis's conversion to the fire god, and would likely be resistant towards giving credence to any accusation Stannis may level. Am I wrong on this?

The other charges are regicide, diecide, and treason. The first two are self explanatory, but what about the treason? Is this for lying about Margery (everyone recanted), plotting to kill Robert, or a catchall charge for all her actions?

Her charges ARE for incest with Jaime, when she denies them, the High Sparrow says that is good because it would not be fit for Tommen to be a child of incest since he gave the faith back their right to bear arms. Also I dont think cousin on cousin action is considered incest in the world of ice and fire, Tywin and Joanna were cousins and a whole lot of other nobel families were inter-marrying throughout the story.

If Cersei has two valonqars, why is she so sure it will be Tyrion who will kill her? hHe has obviously fled the city, and even she has noticed that Jaime has changed. I think her hatred for Tyrion makes it too obvious it wont be him to kill her in the end..

Cersei sees her and Jaime as one person in two bodies. She has said so on occasion, the first time was in aGoT, when Ned confronted her about the incest. It is impossible for her to even think that Jaime could be the one who kills her in the end. He is her other half, their hearts beat as one, and she believes that they'll die together, since they came into the world together.

On the other hand, Cersei despises Tyrion, blaming him for Joanna's death, and doubts his every action. She cannot believe he'll do something to aid her, like how she is convinced he isn't looking out for Joffrey's safety during the battle of the Blackwater, whilst Tyrion is doing everything he can to keep Joffrey on his throne. Cersei cannot believe that Tyrion would do anything in her benefit. In addition, Tyrion is a small, little man. Cersei has already proven that she isn't the most cleverest of people alive in Westeros, and that she on occasion isn't capable to see the obvious. She can interpret the little brother thing quite litterely, as Tyrion is not only younger, but also smaller, whereas Jaime is only younger.

I believe there is a passage in which, while considering his diseased hand, Griff thinks something along the lines of "I should've let the dwarf drown... I told him to stay away from the Stone Men!" The impression I got in my reading was that the condition of his hand and the rescue of Tyrion were connected.

Edited by The Snowfyre Chorus

Is Roose scared of Ramsay??

Cause I think he is

This quote makes me think that he isn't:

“All you have I gave you. You would do well to remember that, bastard. As for this … Reek … if you have not ruined him beyond redemption, he may yet be of some use to us. Get the keys and remove those chains from him, before you make me rue the day I raped your mother.”

Is Roose scared of Ramsay??

Cause I think he is

This quote makes me think that he isn't:

“All you have I gave you. You would do well to remember that, bastard. As for this … Reek … if you have not ruined him beyond redemption, he may yet be of some use to us. Get the keys and remove those chains from him, before you make me rue the day I raped your mother.”

Seeing the way Roose is talking to Ramsay, I doubt he even feels the slightest bit of fear for him.

ADWD Reek chapter pg 308 paper back

...when his lordship strode forth to greet his father. When the rider in dark armour removed helm, however, the face beneat was not the one that Reek knew. Ramsays smile curdled at the site, and anger flashed across his face "what is this, some mockery?"

"Just caution," whispered Roose...

I took this to mean a caution against cranoggmen of the neck, but then if Roose saw more of own banners wouldn't he show himself straight away.

Why did Roose wait for Ramsay to question the decoy before announcing himself?

And I've come to the conclusion that its a Rooses mistrust of Ramsay

ADWD Reek chapter pg 308 paper back

...when his lordship strode forth to greet his father. When the rider in dark armour removed helm, however, the face beneat was not the one that Reek knew. Ramsays smile curdled at the site, and anger flashed across his face "what is this, some mockery?"

"Just caution," whispered Roose...

I took this to mean a caution against cranoggmen of the neck, but then if Roose saw more of own banners wouldn't he show himself straight away.

Why did Roose wait for Ramsay to question the decoy before announcing himself?

And I've come to the conclusion that its a Rooses mistrust of Ramsay

It's also interesting to note that all of Ramsay's "boys" or "friends" are actually spies who tell Roose everything that Ramsay does.

Is it possible that the horn that Mance says will bring down the wall and the horn that Victarion has are the same horn?

It has been discussed before I think. If it is then there is more to it than just blowing the horn; remember that Euron had his crony blow the hor at the Kingsmoot. Personally I don't think it is but you never can tell. I guess we will no for certain in the next two books, but once again my gut instinct says no

No according to (i think. Not 100% sure) yegritte or Tormund that mance never found the true horn

The poster said the "horn Mance says will bring down the Wall", and that is Mance said of the giant's horn. I don't think a dragonhorn is the Horn of Winter. I think it is more akin to Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade, where the Holy Grail is actually a plain wooden cup. The Horn of WInter is the cracked horn Jon gave Sam.

Is it possible that there is no such thing as a horn that will bring down the wall? Or maybe some like "It was lost to time". I was thinking that in keeping with the idea that prophecies always come true, whether explicitly or some round about way, it would still be true (there was a horn at one point, but now its gone).

I don't want to see the wall come down becuase why bother having a horn to destroy the wall if your not gonne use it. Its just a mcguffin.

Because it's virtually unprovable unless Cersei admits (which she won't, because that will mean death), and this will lead to an open rebellion against the throne, and Stannis is just another contender who in theory could say anything to solidify his claim, and, on top of that, is weaker than the Lannisters. In short, there is little to gain and a lot to lose if they back Stannis' claim.

But Jaime thinks he "will have to tell" Marcella, too. Leads me to believe he has the intention of going back and spilling the Lannister beans. I haven't quite figured out why he wishes to do so. If the Lannisters-who-are-not-Baratheons are tossed out, the Tyrells then, also, it is back to Stannis vs Targ. But I read something in Dance, I need to ponder again. Things aren't always as they seem

Is it possible that there is no such thing as a horn that will bring down the wall? Or maybe some like "It was lost to time". I was thinking that in keeping with the idea that prophecies always come true, whether explicitly or some round about way, it would still be true (there was a horn at one point, but now its gone).

I don't want to see the wall come down becuase why bother having a horn to destroy the wall if your not gonne use it. Its just a mcguffin.

It's quite possible. At this stage it is unclear what the horn, if it exists, actually does. Legend says that Joramun blew the horn to wake giants and Mance believes it will bring down the Wall.

I believe that the Wall will come down figuratively rather that literally. According to Mel, there is magic/spells infused within The Wall. If these spells were to weaken or fail, that would allow The Others and wights to pass.