Small questions for ADwD, v.V

Angalin

Maybe a stupid question, but why doesn't Melisandre send a shadow assassin to kill Ramsay or Roose Bolton? For all we know, she should know that his life is in danger, not just the chance that he might be defeated(which was the case with Renly).

Edited by espresso

Maybe a stupid question, but why doesn't Melisandre send a shadow assassin to kill Ramsay or Roose Bolton? For all we know, she should know that his life is in danger, not just the chance that he might be defeated(which was the case with Renly).

The King's fires are running low, and Jon doesn't feel like playing sperm donor for the Cause?

Where are Lord Eddard's bones? After Theon's tour of the crypts with Lady Dustin it comes forth that they are, in fact, not in the Winterfell crypts. She noted that after Victarion took Moat Cailin she has been watching the roads.

Have the Reeds intercepted Catelyn's envoy carrying the bones? For safekeeping?

Edited by gimmik

Where are Lord Eddard's bones? After Theon's tour of the crypts with Lady Dustin I get the impression that they are not in fact in the Winterfell crypts. She noted that after Victarion took Moat Cailin she have been watching the roads.

that's up there with, "where is Benjen?" :) I'd say Greywater Watch is as good a place as any for bone-Ned to be chillin' :dunno:

Where are Lord Eddard's bones? After Theon's tour of the crypts with Lady Dustin it comes forth that they are, in fact, not in the Winterfell crypts. She noted that after Victarion took Moat Cailin she has been watching the roads.

As they might have had to mass Moat Cailin which was held by the Ironborn who do not actually honor the faith... the silent sisters will have stayed South of it until Reek lifted the siege. Then came Winter.

Is it really necessary that the facelessmen to not know the name of their victims?

I am confused because, the Jaqen-Arya exchange is very different from these norms. Jaqen would have killed Joffrey if Arya names him, and apparently Jaqen knew Joffrey's name. In book2, Before naming Jaqen, Arya asks if he will kill anyone she asks, even if his own father. He says his father is long dead, but if he lived and Arya knew his name, he would kill his father.

Is it really necessary that the facelessmen to not know the name of their victims?

I am confused because, the Jaqen-Arya exchange is very different from these norms. Jaqen would have killed Joffrey if Arya names him, and apparently Jaqen knew Joffrey's name. In book2, Before naming Jaqen, Arya asks if he will kill anyone she asks, even if his own father. He says his father is long dead, but if he lived and Arya knew his name, he would kill his father.

Its more a matter of knowing or not knowing the individual personally.

The Faceless Men act as avatars for the Stranger. So their code requires that they can't know their targets personally. They can know of them and certainly must be able to identify them to carry out their mission. This would seem to exclude any notion that Arya will assassinate Jon Snow.

• 2 weeks later...

I just finished the dance with dragons. I have question, during the siege of mereen by the yunkai there's talk that two iron legions out of New Ghis have arrived, GRRM doesn't elaborate much. Are the iron legions like the unsulled? whats their history?

(I know thats 2-3 questions, but humor me anyways).

They use unsullied tactics but are conscripted to serve for 2-3 years and thus more likely to flee battle ( They have lives).

They use unsullied tactics but are conscripted to serve for 2-3 years and thus more likely to flee battle ( They have lives).

In other words, they're a professional force, who is better prepared (less of a joke) than the regular Yunkai soldiers (who are a total joke, let's admit it), but come closer to unsullied than to pit fighters, slave soldiers, Tolosi slingshots and the rest of the freakshow in the Yunkai army.

The last 2 sentences of the iron suitor, "he had seen the wench we'd too, but what of it? She would not be the first woman Vic had made a widow".

Who's this in reference too? Also if what's with the laughing and singing heard in the captains cabin when moqorro was fixing his hand?

May not be small questions now that I think about it but if someone can summarize or point me to a thread that can I would appreciate it.

The wench he intends to make a widow is dany

I think so too. Even though everyone suspects CerseixJaime there is no evidence since only Lancel owned up to everything. I think she's charged with treason for killing Robert, but I'm not very sure.

I still hope it's Daario... Why exactly do we think they weren't hostages? Anyone can expalain?

I don't get that part either.

having sex with anyone other than the king is high treason. that was what cercei tried to do to margery. then again, Lancel probably revealed her mix in killing Robert..... so probably it's for both!