Small questions for ADwD, v.V

Angalin

After finishing the book, I've been wondering in my head, what's going to happen right after Jon gets stabbed infront of everyone? Will the wildlings, urged by Tormund attack the other brothers in black? I mean, the wildlings wanted in on fighting Ramsay and the NW is out-numbered. Or will there just be total chaos as in the previous LC's death? I mean, if it's chaos, Bowen and his other friends just fucked the NW as bad as they thought Jon was gonna mess it up. It's just been gnawing at me.

What do you guys think is gonna happen right afterwards?

There plenty of threads for that try the search engine on this site

Welcome to the forum.

Edited by Fire Eater

Hey , anyone have any thoughts on who Ser Robert Strong is really??? Kevan Lannister mentions he has suspisions.... but Im at a loss... perhaps undead Sandor Clegane?

More like undead Gregor with parts, most likely muscle, added to him from other people.

I'm not sure if a similar question like this has been asked before, so pardon me. Tyrion has an unbelievable skill in deciphering things. He discovered Young Griff was actually the dead Prince Aegon. After that, he advised him about Dany, Varys and Illyrio, JonCon, and all the people that surrounded him. Then Tyrion told him to go straight to Westeros instead of meeting with his Auntie. Since Aegon and co. went a different way, that surely messed up V and I's plan. Not sure if V and I wanted Aegon to get a dragon to prove that he's a real Targaryen so no one could question his authenticity when he reach Westeros. I'm also curious, does Tyrion really believed Aegon was real or not? He seemed to suspect V and I were up to something and they were just using Aegon to achieve their purpose, but Tyrion messed whatever their plans were by putting doubt into Aegon's mind and advising him to go the other way. What you think?

Edited by Snow Wight Walker

When Arya is blind and doing her duties in the temple, she finds a dead young man with curly hair in front of the Stranger's shrine (making him most likely Westerosi) and he has 3 Golden Dragons (I think) on him, making him either a noble or else a merchant. I'm totally guessing on that, but GRRM is not known for putting subtly into his books for no purpose, so I kind of think this dead guy is important. I can't imagine who it could be though. The only person that comes to mind that's MIA and fits the description is Edric Storm. But I can't imagine why he'd have died, gone to the temple and then be found by Blind-Arya of all people. Unless she wears his face (possibly thinking it's Gendry) to return to Westeros. That would be pretty messed up though.

When Arya is blind and doing her duties in the temple, she finds a dead young man with curly hair in front of the Stranger's shrine (making him most likely Westerosi) and he has 3 Golden Dragons (I think) on him, making him either a noble or else a merchant. I'm totally guessing on that, but GRRM is not known for putting subtly into his books for no purpose, so I kind of think this dead guy is important. I can't imagine who it could be though. The only person that comes to mind that's MIA and fits the description is Edric Storm. But I can't imagine why he'd have died, gone to the temple and then be found by Blind-Arya of all people. Unless she wears his face (possibly thinking it's Gendry) to return to Westeros. That would be pretty messed up though.

I've wondered the exact same thing. I've posed the question before, but no ideas were forthcoming - here's to better luck this time. :cheers:

Edric is a troubling thought, but I don't remember that his hair is curly, which would make him safe. For what it's worth, Lannisters and Tyrells are known for curls - but then they can hardly be the only ones.

Couldn't it foreshadow Quentyn's death? Westerosi, stranger, three dragons?

Ooh, I love that thought. It explains that feeling of "he's not just random" and our inability to ID him - it's not his ID that's important, it's just his origins and belongings.

**** TO ALL MY GAME OF THRONE FANS- CHECK OUT THIS TRACK- LYRICS INSPIRED AND BASED ON THE SHOW- SEE WHAT YOU THINK ****

https://soundcloud.c...-gumas-rightful

Nice, but not good enough for all caps :P

I've wondered the exact same thing. I've posed the question before, but no ideas were forthcoming - here's to better luck this time. :cheers:

Edric is a troubling thought, but I don't remember that his hair is curly, which would make him safe. For what it's worth, Lannisters and Tyrells are known for curls - but then they can hardly be the only ones.

Maybe it's our missing Lannister cousin (assistant to Robert's death)? Seems kind of odd he'd show up again, but he's MIA for sure and definitely a Lannister. I get the feeling he (whoever he is) was dumped there. Otherwise he'd have to know what the House of Black and White was for, and Arya seemed to have no idea when she got to Bravvos. So either a Westerosi who's familair with Bravvos, or else a Westerosi murdered by a Bravvosi.

• 2 weeks later...

Maybe it's our missing Lannister cousin (assistant to Robert's death)? Seems kind of odd he'd show up again, but he's MIA for sure and definitely a Lannister. I get the feeling he (whoever he is) was dumped there. Otherwise he'd have to know what the House of Black and White was for, and Arya seemed to have no idea when she got to Bravvos. So either a Westerosi who's familair with Bravvos, or else a Westerosi murdered by a Bravvosi.

If you're referring to Lancel (Bob's squire), he's part of the holy army now I believe.

If you're referring to Lancel (Bob's squire), he's part of the holy army now I believe.

I think cbhamlyn refers to Tyrek, Bob's other Lannister squire, gone missing during the food riots in King's Landing. He does fulfill the requirement of curly hair.

Edit: Included a link to Tyrek's page. My, aren't I fancy today.

Edited by The Dornishman's Wife

When Tyrion was of Rhoyne river on boat with Griff and Young Griff at Sorrows, why did River flow backwards first passing the bridge and then turning back and passing it again? Rivers don't usually do that unless there is a major event like earthquake, earthslide, hurricane level winds or magic?

When Tyrion was of Rhoyne river on boat with Griff and Young Griff at Sorrows, why did River flow backwards first passing the bridge and then turning back and passing it again? Rivers don't usually do that unless there is a major event like earthquake, earthslide, hurricane level winds or magic?

I don't think that's explained, it adds to the mystery and creepiness of the Sorrows.

I think cbhamlyn refers to Tyrek, Bob's other Lannister squire, gone missing during the food riots in King's Landing. He does fulfill the requirement of curly hair.

Edit: Included a link to Tyrek's page. My, aren't I fancy today.

Ah, completely forgot about him. I don't remember much now of him other than Tyrion searching for him after the riot.

Besides Gendry and Edric is Stannis the last known Baratheon out there? hopefully the baratheon line isnt wiped out

Stannis and Shireen are the last of the line of the main branch. There could be a few offshoots of house Baratheon from younger sons, especially since Orys Baratheon had three sons with the Storm King's daughter.

I Really hope Gendry and Edric come into play. I wouldnt like to see house baratheon die.

I think that is likely. When Dany and Tyrion cross the Narrow Sea to Westeros, they will make port in Lys where they will come upon Edric Storm. Tyrion will advise Dany to legitimize him, and make him her puppet Lord of Storm's End. But her actions will result in getting Ned killed given the foreshadowing:

"I'm a princess too," Shireen announced, "but I never had a sister. I used to have a cousin once, before he sailed away. He was just a bastard, but i liked him.

Shireen speaks of Edric Storm in past tense as if he had died. A dose of irony if Davos had Ned sent away to save his life only to die.

In that case Gendry will be legitimized and be made Lord of Storm's End.