Westeros noble Houses' attributes and characteristics

Not understand the use of 'pretty much'? Jaimie has the trickster gene too, thinking he can talk his way out of bad situations. There will always be exceptions, even on a character to character basis. They show the trait in one way but not wholesale as you see with Jaimie and Tyrion. Yet its these traits that you could pick out of 90% of the family

Not understand the use of 'pretty much'? Jaimie has the trickster gene too, thinking he can talk his way out of bad situations. There will always be exceptions, even on a character to character basis. They show the trait in one way but not wholesale as you see with Jaimie and Tyrion. Yet its these traits that you could pick out of 90% of the family

Where do you get the Lannister cowardice thing? The only one who's shown to be a coward was Joffrey. Even Lancel wanted to go back and fight in Blackwater. Cersei is not a warrior in the first place since she is a woman, Tommen and Myrcella was not on the battlefield for obvious reasons, Tywin doesn't fight in the vanguard but that's not a requirement for a military commander nor was he ever shown to be a coward, same with Kevan.

Where do you get the Lannister cowardice thing? The only one who's shown to be a coward was Joffrey. Even Lancel wanted to go back and fight in Blackwater. Cersei is not a warrior in the first place since she is a woman, Tommen and Myrcella was not on the battlefield for obvious reasons, Tywin doesn't fight in the vanguard but that's not a requirement for a military commander nor was he ever shown to be a coward, same with Kevan.

Tywin helped orchestrate a mass murder of a 16yr old boy and his men because he couldn't fight and "win" the war with this 16yr old boy, if that's not cowardly than I don't what is. He also socks his monsters on a woman and her babies, than tries to put the blame on others and keep his association a secret.

Jaime pushes a 7yr old boy out the window because he did not want to face his consequences and I'm sorry but to hurt someone smaller and weaker than you is cowardly he did this when trying to find Arya also and maim her.

And Kevan actively sets out to burn the Riverlands that IS a cowardly act IMO.

Cersei is a coward by not wanting to face Stannis IMO, she is so extreme in this that she even has Ilyn waiting on standby so that she can not be taken and judged for her crimes.

Even Lancel wanted to go back and fight in Blackwater.

Lancel actually led several charges and did well defending his part of the wall/assigned gate. IIRC, he only came inside to protest Cersei pulling Joff from the walls and intended to go back and continue fighting while hurt, until Cersei disabled him by directly hitting his wound. He may not have been Robb or young Jaime, but he did everything expected of a young knight and officer and more.

I actually wouldn't say that he was "dumb" either. In AGoT-ACoK he was 15-16 and caught in a game that would have been too much for most at this age. He was also under Cersei's baleful influence and in a bratty stage. It is difficult to judge his potential, beyond aknowledging that he was no wonder-child and remembering that Littlefinger was also quite foolish at his age.

Cersei is not a warrior in the first place since she is a woman

Cersei is brave, it is one of her very few virtues. Ned, Tyrion and Jaime all aknowledged it in their PoVs. She should have gone to the walls and inspired the troops during the Blackwater, IMHO, particularly after she ordered Joff pulled back, but it just didn't occur to her because she bought into her role as a woman, even while railing against it.

Tywin doesn't fight in the vanguard but that's not a requirement for a military commander nor was he ever shown to be a coward, same with Kevan.

Indeed. Tywin preferred to command the reserve because he wanted to retain control for as long as possible - in medieval battles you almost completely lost control as a general once you were in the thick of it. But he did fight and at the Blackwater he was commanding the left flank, so was more in the midst of the battle than on the Green Fork.

Outside of war, Tywin privately dined with Oberyn, who he knew hated him and was a notorious poisoner. That was certainly brave and may have even been fatefully foolhardy.

Kevan was usually more personally involved in battles than Tywin (from what we have seen) and he used to compete in tourneys too.

Tywin helped orchestrate a mass murder of a 16yr old boy and his men because he couldn't fight and "win" the war with this 16yr old boy, if that's not cowardly than I don't what is. He also socks his monsters on a woman and her babies, than tries to put the blame on others and keep his association a secret.

Jaime pushes a 7yr old boy out the window because he did not want to face his consequences and I'm sorry but to hurt someone smaller and weaker than you is cowardly he did this when trying to find Arya also and maim her.

And Kevan actively sets out to burn the Riverlands that IS a cowardly act IMO.

Cersei is a coward by not wanting to face Stannis IMO, she is so extreme in this that she even has Ilyn waiting on standby so that she can not be taken and judged for her crimes.

That's silly. The above mentioned makes them assholes, not cowards.

I said that they would avoid a straight fight were possible, you are inferring cowardice. One and one isn't their style. Cersei's Robert Strong is a good example of that. Ensuring victory before a fight has started. Blackwater was interesting in that the Lannisters really were in a position where they could do nothing to tip the scales until Tywin unexpectedly turns up and attacks Stannis' force from behind. Jaimie is a great swordfighter not known for great swordfights, he's known for stabbing a mad man in the back. Tywin won't outright start a fight with the Boltons for the North, look at Tywins plan to have the Ironborn and Northerners do his fighting for him.

Lannisters are best at scheming and they work to their strengths.

House Reyne - Most likely have lots of people with Red Hair due to "Red" finding its way to everyone of their nicknames. Second most powerful House to the Lannisters, ambitious.

Do you mean the Conningtons?

Do you mean the Conningtons?

You are quite right, I smacked my head on the keyboard repeatedly when I attempted to type House Connington, but it somehow came out as Reyne. Strange.

Seriously? :p

Cersei is not a warrior in the first place since she is a woman.

Those are fighting words! We've got Brienne and the Mormonts and you can say something like that?

I know you probably weren't meaning to offend. I'm just pointing out an oversight.

The Blackwoods are the only house that isn't in the North but still worship the Old Gods.

The Gulltown Arryns are considered uncouth and rough but are much richer than the rest of the family due to marrying merchants.

House Farwynd of Lonely Light are said to be skinchangers that take the form of seals and other sea creatures.

House Santagar of Spottswood are supposed to be freckly.

Those are the ones that I can think of at the moment.

Archived