Arianne Martell - casting

gande51

Just re read AFFC and realised that I haven't actaully formed an image of who should play the princess of dorne ........ So , does anyone know anyone that seems fit to play the role ???

I was always thinking about a tanned and brown eyed Elizabeth Taylor ..

I absolutely adore angel coulby !!! We would make a great Arianne as she went a bit dark in the last few episodes of merlin :) I also think she could really pull off lady Nymeria Sand , as I now know that she can really play the deadly assassin :)

I love Frieda Pinto and I think description wise she's without a doubt the best fit for Arianne, the only problem(and it's a big one!) is she's a bonifide movie star and probably has an extremely busy schedule at this point of her career so I don't think HBO would be able to get her. :(

I love Frieda Pinto and I think description wise she's without a doubt the best fit for Arianne, the only problem(and it's a big one!) is she's a bonifide movie star and probably has an extremely busy schedule at this point of her career so I don't think HBO would be able to get her. :(

I wouldn't mind Pinto, but I don't think she's exactly what GRRM described. Arianne is dark, short, very curvy and voluptuous, with curly hair -- curly as in tight ringlets, not waves. Pinto is very waify to me, which has been my problem with a lot of the recommendations for Arianne. Arianne has to be a real bombshell.

I wouldn't mind Pinto, but I don't think she's exactly what GRRM described. Arianne is dark, short, very curvy and voluptuous, with curly hair -- curly as in tight ringlets, not waves. Pinto is very waify to me, which has been my problem with a lot of the recommendations for Arianne. Arianne has to be a real bombshell.

Well that's your opinion and I respect that and see your POV but Pinto has been in a numerous amount of the main stream media's lists of sexiest women in the world. In fact she's on maxim top 100 like literally every year so i'd say at least in the main stream media she is definitely considered to be a bombshell, and stuff like "curly hair" can be fixed on the makeup chair as 99.9% of actors do for certain roles anyway. But different strokes for different folks I guess and anyways it doesn't matter cause like I said before even if HBO offered the part to her they probably wouldn't get a young A lister like her.

Well that's your opinion and I respect that and see your POV but Pinto has been in a numerous amount of the main stream media's lists of sexiest women in the world. In fact she's on maxim top 100 like literally every year so i'd say at least in the main stream media she is definitely considered to be a bombshell, and stuff like "curly hair" can be fixed on the make chair as 99.9% of actors do for certain roles anyway. But different strokes for different folks I guess and anyways it doesn't matter cause like I said before even if HBO offered the part to her they probably wouldn't get a young A lister like her.

I didn't mean bombshell in the sense you think. I wasn't implying Pinto wasn't "sexy." I meant bombshell in the traditional sense...fuller figured, wide hips, etc. Think Salma Hayek at her peak.

I didn't mean bombshell in the sense you think. I wasn't implying Pinto wasn't "sexy." I meant bombshell in the traditional sense...fuller figured, wide hips, etc. Think Salma Hayek at her peak.

Oh I gotch ya, your talkin more of the cuvry type right?

Oh I gotch ya, your talkin more of the cuvry type right?

Yeah. Also, in general, I'd like more of an African and/or Latin decent for the character. That's what I meant when I threw tight ringlets out there...not to be nit-picky, just to imply I wouldn't mind seeing a Black, Latin, or biracial actress in the role. Ran was actually the one who brought it to my attention that GRRM mentioned Apollonia as his inspiration for the character. She definitely fits the pallet I'd envisioned.

But, really, with these casting topics, it's just shots in the dark. In all honesty, I'd be fine with pretty much anyone people have thrown into the ring.

Archived