Arianne Martell - casting

gande51

Frieda Pinto looks more Dothraki to me. They never definitely never described the Dornish being so dark in coloring. They do say that The Sandy Dorinshmen are darker than the Salty. However they do say that their faces are "burned brown by the sun" but That tells me that aren't brown to begin with. How about Sarah Shahi?

Frieda Pinto looks more Dothraki to me. They never definitely never described the Dornish being so dark in coloring. They do say that The Sandy Dorinshmen are darker than the Salty. However they do say that their faces are "burned brown by the sun" but That tells me that aren't brown to begin with. How about Sarah Shahi?

When it comes to Arianne, I do believe GRRM describes her as being darker skinned, though I can't cite a specific page in any of the books. I know her mother is from Norvos, but I'm not sure what the Norvosi are like. I assumed Arianne got her coloring from her mother.

Well that doesn't really matter since all of Arianne's pov chapters up to this point have been in Dorne where "the sun burns their skin brown" so there's no point of getting an actress that doesn't have that type of brown skin now is there? Arianne definitely comes off as having darker skin.

I can't believe no one else has brought up Genevieve Padalecki yet.

http://www.imdb.com/media/rm2986260736/nm1298809

http://www.imdb.com/media/rm365214464/tt1627712

Sassy, sexy as Hell, 5' 4", certainly capable of playing someone who is as cunning, intelligent, vulnerable, proud, strong-willed and sensual as our princess Arianne. And at 32, she still looks young enough to pass if they're not aging Arianne up but is old enough to be believable if they are.

The only caveat would be the shooting schedule/location: her husband, Jared Padalecki is committed to Supernatural through the end of the current season and into the next, Supernatural shoots in Vancouver and the couple's child is only a year old. Based on what I've seen of their relationship, I'd say she'd only accept it if her schedule didn't overlap with his, or at least not by very much.

Anyway, she's my head!canon for Arianne.

I can't believe no one else has brought up Genevieve Padalecki yet.

http://www.imdb.com/...60736/nm1298809

http://www.imdb.com/...14464/tt1627712

Sassy, sexy as Hell, 5' 4", certainly capable of playing someone who is as cunning, intelligent, vulnerable, proud, strong-willed and sensual as our princess Arianne. And at 32, she still looks young enough to pass if they're not aging Arianne up but is old enough to be believable if they are.

The only caveat would be the shooting schedule/location: her husband, Jared Padalecki is committed to Supernatural through the end of the current season and into the next, Supernatural shoots in Vancouver and the couple's child is only a year old. Based on what I've seen of their relationship, I'd say she'd only accept it if her schedule didn't overlap with his, or at least not by very much.

Anyway, she's my head!canon for Arianne.

I happen to be a huge supernatural fan and i'm sorry but Ruby/Genevieve Padalecki doesn't do it for me at all as Arianne. Arianne is described as having darker skin than Genevieve has.

Well that doesn't really matter since all of Arianne's pov chapters up to this point have been in Dorne where "the sun burns their skin brown" so there's no point of getting an actress that doesn't have that type of brown skin now is there? Arianne definitely comes off as having darker skin.

Ya, like this

http://wallpapersus.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/08/Aishwarya-Rai-22.jpg

Archie Panjabi who plays Kalinda on The Good Wife I think would be a good fit. Rhona Mitra might be good, but might be a little older to play Arianne. Maybe Michelle Gonzalez? I would say Jessica Alba but I think she's too big at this point.

Archie Panjabi who plays Kalinda on The Good Wife I think would be a good fit. Rhona Mitra might be good, but might be a little older to play Arianne. Maybe Michelle Gonzalez? I would say Jessica Alba but I think she's too big at this point.

They're both too old to play Arianne Archie Panjabi is 40 and Rhona Mitra is 36 although I do think if anyone could pull it off acting wise it would be Rhona Mitra. Jessica Alba? Hahaha no just no.

What about Rosario Dawson? Her Puerto Rican and Afro-Cuban descent certainly makes her exotic enough to be Arianne and her skin and eyes are naturally dark. They wouldn't need make-up for that. The hair can be fixed with a wig so I'm not considering that aspect as important.

What about Rosario Dawson? Her Puerto Rican and Afro-Cuban descent certainly makes her exotic enough to be Arianne and her skin and eyes are naturally dark. They wouldn't need make-up for that. The hair can be fixed with a wig so I'm not considering that aspect as important.

I think she's too high-profile... And american too.

Welcome to the boards!!!

I think she's too high-profile... And american too.

Welcome to the boards!!!

I know she's. high-profile. But strictly considering the looks I think she would be a good Arianne. A bit to tall but that can be fixed with camera angles or other "magic tricks".

I wonder who GRRM had in mind when he wrote her.

Archived