Euron Greyjoy

gande51

I know I'm looking ahead a season or so , however I'm not too sure if I have the right image in my head for Euron . In my head he's roguish with a stubble and a really blue eye like ELECTRIC blue and is around his early 20's . I know Euron is older however I can't quiet catch him as being any older ...

Sooo ..... Thoughts ??

• 1 year later...

If he's early 20's he is younger than both his niece and nephew. I don't think he should be as old as Balon but early 20's is pushing it just a bit.

I think Mads Mikkelsen, James Purefoy or Dominic West would be perfect. Mads might be a little unrealistic but the other two would be doable.

I really wanna see Dominic West as Euron Greyjoy. He's a terrific actor and was the producers first choice of Mance Rayder. Although he didn't wanna go to Iceland and be away from his family. Now I don't know where they're shooting the Iron Islands scenes, but as long as it's in GB or Ireland, I think he could be up for it.

I mean, just look at him: Pic1 Pic2

He'd be perfect!

If he's early 20's he is younger than both his niece and nephew. I don't think he should be as old as Balon but early 20's is pushing it just a bit.

I think Mads Mikkelsen, James Purefoy or Dominic West would be perfect. Mads might be a little unrealistic but the other two would be doable.

Any of those would be great. Richard Armitage as well but perhaps a little to young.

Only Ray Stevenson can be Victarion.

There ages aren't described in the books but they must both be late 30's to mid 40's?

I've always imagined Euron as looking younger than Victarion, maybe its just their builds and demeanor? Victarion describes him as unchanged from when he left (3 years?) so likely there wouldn't be much between them.

Would have love Mark Gattis for Aeron, he'd bring that wonderful monolouge style he has from League of Gentleman. Be good to see him as the Iron banker but I'm a little disappointed he's not the Damphair.

Dominic West would be perfect, but also James Purefoy would also be great, but the former is more likely. Dominic West mentions he later regretted it but I'm sure they could get him for Euron as he wont have that many scenes compared to the other characters and therefore wouldn't be far from his family for to long

Been watching Vikings lately who thinks Clive Standen the guy who plays Rollo would be a good Vic?

Yeah, I hope they give him a fair bit of screen time. I think he'll be S5/6's RV.

On a side note, I was super surprised that they didn't cast Dominic West as Oberyn, I though he was certain for it, in terms of looks and previous experience. Jack Huston is a good shout for Euron. Think he'd need substantial make-up to appear more menacing/worn though :)

Of course they'll include Euron.

I was looking through old threads on this forum and back then people thought they were gonna cut characters like Stannis and Davos. Which they obviously didn't. I think some fans on this forum are overreacting a little when it comes to cutting characters. If they include characters like Hot Pie, of course they're gonna keep Euron (and Victarion too, as a separate character)

The actor that should play Euron Greyjoy is Christopher Meloni, he is a far better choice than Dominic West, James Purefoy or Mads Mikkelsen imo. He is in the right age (53 years old, Malahide is born 1945 but looks younger), has dark hair, blue eyes, is quite handsome, has a history with HBO (Oz, True Blood) and played a similar character on Oz with brilliance. They need to cast him, he is even more suitable for Euron than Ray Stevenson is for Victarion. The only problem is that he is not a British/Irish citizen but neither are the actors of Tyrion, Jaime, Khal Drogo, Melisandre, Oberyn, Talisa, Jaqen H'ghar, Shae etc. so that shouldn't be a problem.

Archived