Euron Greyjoy

gande51

Christopher Eccleston would make a perfect Euron Greyjoy. It would also continue the nice trend of Doctor Who - Game of Thrones crossovers. (Davos, Gendry, Jojen, Viserys, Maester Luwin, GM Pycelle, Balon Greyjoy, etc...)

He's got the right appearance and is good at playing slightly crazed characters.

Christopher Eccleston would make a perfect Euron Greyjoy. It would also continue the nice trend of Doctor Who - Game of Thrones crossovers. (Davos, Gendry, Jojen, Viserys, Maester Luwin, GM Pycelle, Balon Greyjoy, etc...)

He's got the right appearance and is good at playing slightly crazed characters.

Euron is supposed to be handsome.

By some...not a majority. In fact, I'd say a minority finds Chris attractive.

That's supposition.

Why do you think Euron is considered by a majority to be handsome, what do we have from the books to suggest so?

Chris has rough features, the sort that would do well in a culture like the Iron Islands.

That's supposition.

Why do you think Euron is considered by a majority to be handsome, what do we have from the books to suggest so?

Chris has rough features, the sort that would do well in a culture like the Iron Islands.

Quotes??????

Quotes??????

Such as? And by whom?

GRR works on Point of View prose, which he favours because it is highly subjective, an accurate picture can be ascertained to some degree by cross referencing any POVs, but it still cannot be conclusive, especially if considering the different cultures.

When it comes to attractiveness in the books, it really is a POV thing, and so a generally handsome chap like Chris can work.

Euron does not need to be handsome, it is completely irrelevant to his character. It is also unrealistic to expect D+D will think for second about his handsomeness. I mean they totally not cared about it when they cast Cersie and Jaime (they are atractive but not in way many readers expected, just look at initial reactions to their casting), they did not cared about precious fantasies of young male readers about how Asha/Yara should look, so i really do not expect they will care about how pretty Euron is. Most likely he will be rough looking as every other Ironborn character. And old enough to be believable younger brother of Balon.

All cultures had mostly same complex stance towards people they considered handsome as cultural group, Love/hate relationship every society has with handsome people is very important for any character who is described as handsome especially if he is insane and creepy because someone both handsome and self-assured is a recipe for a leader no matter how crazy he is or what are his other characteristics.

Look at Renly or better yet at Targs who are still after all looked up to and admired in no small part thanks to the fact that they are beautiful even in their most twisted and uncomely members

Quotes??????

He looks unchanged, Victarion thought. He looks the same as he did the day he laughed at me and left. Euron was the most comely of Lord Quellon’s sons, and three years of exile had not changed that. His hair was still black as a midnight sea, with never a whitecap to be seen, and his face was still smooth and pale beneath his neat dark beard. A black leather patch covered Euron’s left eye, but his right was blue as a summer sky.

Sounds like he even makes his hard-as-iron brother swoon.

Mads Mikkelson and Richard Armitage are the two for me. If either of them are chosen, I would be extremely content with Euron.

Richard has the looks and the eyes, as well as thick black hair which I thought of when I saw Euron. His acting is pretty good as a bad guy, I mean, he did play Guy of Gisborne in Robin Hood. The only thing I would say is that his voice is really deep, while I always found Euron had a medium-deep voice. Also, Richard is pretty young; while I always thought of Euron as young, he has to be older to show that he is Balons brother. But, hey, make-up can do magic!

Mads Mikkelson on the other hand is the pinnacle of bad guys which really fits Euron! He's older too, has an awesome hairstyle and would look awesome with blue contact lenses. The only things about him are his looks and voice. Euron is supposed to be very handsome, which Mads...is disputed. Also, he is Danish, so I wouldn't be surprised if he has an accent, but either he can pull off a good English accent like Coster-Waldau or the writers can make the excuse of saying he picked up accents while sailing Valyria and Essos.

Maybe we could just wait for advances in human genetics and make a mix of the two?

Euron is supposed to be very handsome, which Mads...is disputed.

'Very handsome'? The quote above from Vc's perspective (rough-hewn Ironborn) is that he is the most comely of Balon's brothers.

I don't think Mads is a fit, because he doesn't fit in with the family.

Archived