Second Dance Mega Prediction.

chrisdaw

I dunno about the whole betraying Tyrion bit, but I can see Sansa disappearing off the face of the earth. It's a plausible way for her to end up with Sandor, which seems to have been foreshadowed somewhat, and it would tie in neatly with the death of Lady, as she would have to shed her identity to do so. Not to mention Rohanne/Dunk seems to parallel Sansa/Sandor somewhat, and Rohanne wound up disappearing as well.

Rohanne will play her way to Lady Lannister and be miserable. She will grow old and powerful and rue the time she could have married Dunk but tended towards avarice instead of love. Sansa will play her way to Queen, and come to realise she doesn't care a fig for any of it, and rue the time she refused to run away with Sandor.

Both Rohanne and Sansa will both put to their loves their desire to run away with them, but they'll have missed their chances, on their next crossings both Dunk and Sandor will have sworn their lives away to duty and will not dishonour themselves. Both Rohanne and Sansa will have to go it alone.

Rohanne will play her way to Lady Lannister and be miserable. She will grow old and powerful and rue the time she could have married Dunk but tended towards avarice instead of love. Sansa will play her way to Queen, and come to realise she doesn't care a fig for any of it, and rue the time she refused to run away with Sandor.

Both Rohanne and Sansa will both put to their loves their desire to run away with them, but they'll have missed their chances, on their next crossings both Dunk and Sandor will have sworn their lives away to duty and will not dishonour themselves. Both Rohanne and Sansa will have to go it alone.

This parallel really doesn't work, since Sansa already doesn't want to be queen.

Newstar is right in that there is only specific reference to kingship. There are multiple to references to prominence, power and influence. I've added some but there's more relating to the game and intelligence side of things based on the inspiration and purpose of the character that GRRM stated in an invterview and which my prediction draws on, I just have to find the interview again.

I don't disagree Dany will desire Aegon to be a natural enemy so that she may conquer the seven kingdoms as her heart desires, but I don't agree she'll cast aside a sense of morality and procession. Rather I think internal deliberation on her part will remain prominent to her story, her learning of her father's actions have long been forestalled (and anticipated by readers) and would become pointless if she no longer cared. Likewise the intricacies of the Blackfyre conspiracy.

The horn is a necessary tool to provide orderly marshalling of the Dragons, perhaps not the most eloquent solution but definitely preferable to chapters of Dany chasing them around Essos.

Aerys or Rhaegar?

This parallel really doesn't work, since Sansa already doesn't want to be queen.

She will, when the game comes to her and she starts to play and starts to win, she'll begin to lose herself to all the Southron trappings of power and prestige that come with it, all that she dreamed of in AGOT. Her arc will culminate in her sacrificing it all for her family, vacating the throne herself and throwing Tyrion under Jon's Northern bus.

Aerys or Rhaegar?

Not sure what you're asking here.

TWOIAF Riverlands tidbits.

A Great Council is called

Edmure having been reinstated at RR will bring the Riverlands to Sansa.

This is backed up by this.

Lord Grover Tully spoke for Prince Viserys Targaryen over Laenor Velaryon as the successor to Jaehaerys 1 in the Great Council of 101 AC.

Lord Grover Tully foreshadows Edmure and Viserys foreshadows Tyrion.

TheTully men will take up arms against House Lannister again, and Jaime will be killed or captured in the battle.

King Richard III was (allegedly and famously) betrayed at the Battle of Bosworth by his own forces. Tyrion will likewise be betrayed by his own supposed forces, those with First Men and/or Northern sympathies, and more loyalty to Sansa than him. Sansa will have the Vale and/or Riverland force declare and fight for Jon. Richard was killed in the battle but I do not think Tyrion will die, or if he does he will not stay dead.

This would not be the first time the Tullys turn coat.

When the Dance of the Dragons erupted in 129 AC, the old lord proved loyal to his principles and King Aegon II... but he was aged then, and bedridden, and his grandson Ser Elmo defied him and had the gates barred and the banners kept close.

Later during the Dance, Ser Elmo Tully led the riverlords into battle at the Second Tumbleton, but on the side of Queen Rhaenyra rather than King Aegon II, whom his grandsire had favored.

Jaime is captured or killed. Criston Cole, Jaime's parallel was killed by Roddy's Winter Wolves South of the God's Eye. I think Jaime will Jaime be captured or killed by Winter Wolves but some other possibilities rate a mention. I believe Bran will warg the remnants of Nymeria's wolf pack who presently reside around the God's Eye. During a battle he will use the wolves to capture or kill Jaime, bringing full circle Jaime having defeated Nymeria. Alternatively Arya may do the Warging, or Jon, but I don't think they'll be able to mass warg as Bran will (BR can skinchange into multiple birds at the one time it seems, Bran will likely be able to aswell).

The wolf pack.

of the night in the White Wood, where supposedly the children of the forest emerged from beneath a hollow hill to send hundreds of wolves against an Andal camp, tearing hundreds of men apart beneath the light of crescent moon;

Crescent moons seem to be when blood is shed by the COTF in Bran's cave.

• 2 months later...

The Shepherd that instigated the riots in KL against Rhaenyra and her dragons will either be paralleled by Arya or Lancel. The use of no-one to describe the shepherd and unnecessary description of him having been unknown, appearing to do his work then disappearing again suggests Arya. Lancel has the crazed religious angle covered, and as stated upthread he'll be responsible for saving Jaime from the dragon pit.

Lancel may rant and rave against Dany and her dragons based on his crazed religious beliefs, whipping the mob up into a frenzy resulting in them storming the pit and saving Jaime. Or it may be Arya taking a face to rant and rave in a calculated ploy to incite the riot.

I, like many other readers who read all five books in less than a year, do not even believe that Aegon is fake, because if he was so and if V&A knows that he is a fake then why did they even attempt to form a coalition between Aegon and Dany and what would their motives be? Surely it would have served whatever their interests and motives were if they had not wanted him to have hope in Dany if indeed he was fake.

What I've noticed as I read through aSoIaF was that the current series of events do not exceed all the events of history in Westeros; there were many many other events that were more exciting, dramatic and unexpected. I believe that these current and future events are more significant and historic than any other events because they are laying a foundation for all the world (north of the wall + south of the wall + all the free cities + rest of the world) to be united into one republic or empire. Jon Targ works to reconcile the north of the wall to the rest of Westeros with the defeat of the Others, Aegon works to unite Westeros with the defeat of the usurpers and Dany works to unite the Free Cities with the defeat of slavery and they all three form the three heads of the dragon. We mustn't forget that this prophecy does not involve only Westeros - even the Dothraki have their versions.

It's clear to me that Aegon was/is being trained to be a righteous and noble king/emperor. As for who the queen will be, I can only recall one girl who was trained for a long, long time with all kinds of stuff and she is Arya. Ice and Fire cannot be just about some restoration of a dynasty - it should be much much bigger than that - perhaps the foundation of a republic, or a meritocratic monarchy.

Motivation for marrying Aegon to Dany is dragons, the same motivation they ever got involved with Viserys and Dany, they want military strength to take the 7K.

There's nothing going for an Aegon and Arya match. There's nothing going for an Arya match at all, in comparison GRRM has moved mountains to make Aegon and Arianne happen. Griff getting Greyscale and so abandoning the dragon plan, Griff's peculiar determination that they must have Dorne, Qentyn's whole arc, his plainness and time of arrival and thus rejection by Dany, his death extending from that rejection, Gerris' temper and him illogically placing the blame on Dany, Gerris and co being sent by Barristan back to Dorne so swiftly thus ensuring Dorne will hear of events from Gerris the way he saw it, Arianne being a sucker for pretty boys, Aegon being the prettiest of boys and Arianne having been sent to him with Doran's blessing to make the match if she believes he is the part. Much of ADWD was dedicated to turning Dorne from Dany for Aegon.

• 1 month later...

The Ironborn

Asha possibly falls in behind Jon and brings with her what Ironborn will heed her call.

So this is wrong, there was always Asha's light bulb moment in ADWD but TWOIAF rams home the parallel beyond doubt, despite how down and out Theon is he's coming back harder and stronger, undead or alive, to lead the Ironborn.

"Torgon Greyiron was the king's eldest son. But the king was old and Torgon restless, so it happened that when his father died he was raiding along the Mander from his stronghold on Grayshield. His brothers sent no word to him but instead called a kingsmoot, thinking that one of them would be chosen to wear the driftwood crown. But the captains and the kings chose Urragon Goodbrother to rule instead. The first thing the new king did was command that all the sons of the old king be put to death, and so they were. After that men called him Badbrother, though in truth they'd been no kin of his. He ruled for almost two years."

Asha remembered now. "Torgon came home ..."

"... and said the kingsmoot was unlawful since he had not been there to make his claim. Badbrother had proved to be as mean as he was cruel and had few friends left upon the isles. The priests denounced him, the lords rose against him, and his own captains hacked him to pieces. Torgon the Latecomer became the king and ruled for forty years."

Euron is Urragon, Theon Torgon, Theon will return, the kingsmoot will be ruled invalid and Theon will lead the Ironborn.

It's signalled the Ironborn are due a cultural shift in Rodrik's conversation with Asha. I don't really see what has changed that would make Rodrik's belief that the Ironborn must change their ways or they'll die out correct, they've lasted this long and survived one Long Night and all the wars of the Targaryen Westeros over 300 years without change, but through the wise Reader GRRM has flagged it as so and so it will be.

This dream of kingship is a madness in our blood. I told your father so the first time he rose, and it is more true now than it was then. It's land we need, not crowns. With Stannis Baratheon and Tywin Lannister contending for the Iron Throne, we have a rare chance to improve our lot. Let us take one side or the other, help them to victory with our fleets, and claim the lands we need from a grateful king."

Your father had more courage than sense. The Old Way served the isles well when we were one small kingdom amongst many, but Aegon's Conquest put an end to that. Balon refused to see what was plain before him. The Old Way died with Black Harren and his sons."

Circumstances will make things ripe for change and Theon to take the reigns. Euron cares nothing for his men, they'll either fall with him or he'll discard them when he no longer has a use for them. Those that survive Euron will return to the Iron Islands with their tails between their legs to join those who were not keen on glory seeking in the first place. What will be left will not have much fight, but they'll still have to fight as the Long Night comes, just they'll be doing it for survival instead of glory and riches.

Theon will be declared the rightful king of the Iron Islands, and with this second chance he'll this time stand true with his adopted brother. Theon will swear fealty to Jon and the Iron Fleet will sail South in support of Jon's march South. Theon's progress south is foreshadowed by Harwyn Hardhand's invasion of the Riverlands, Theon will sail down the Western coast and likely attack Jon's foes in their rear from the West.

Lancel the Blessed.

Jaime brought the sword for Kingslaying, but for Deicide and Kinslaying, well I don't know if this time he'll be able to bring himself to use his sword.

There's a nice bit of foreshadowing strengthening and continuing the Jaime and Lancel story in the aftermath of the first dance which then leads to Jaime's endgame and an intersection with Jon.

At the end of the Dance when Cregane Stark is marching South on KL Aegon II is poisoned and dies. This will be echoed when Jon marches South on KL and Jaime poisons Lancel (all as per the expanded quoted post). Cregane then basically declared himself Hand and set about punishing all who he felt deserved it, an event known as the Hour of the Wolf, particularly it's noted he was interested in seeing justice done for the murder of Aegon. As Cregane Stark did, Jon will likewise hold an Hour of the Wolf, whether an understanding is reached and he becomes Hand or straight up takes the throne and does his judging as King I'm unsure, but dealing justice for poisoning the High Septon will, regardless of it having been done in the best interest of the realm, be a priority. Jaime won't deny it and so he will be judged for the final time, by the wolf.

Jon will then sentence Jaime to the NW, as Ned had wanted.

The eunuch should never have been pardoned. No more than the Kingslayer. At the least, Robert should have stripped the white cloak from him and sent him to the Wall as Lord Stark urged.

Because

He's more use alive than dead.

Archived