Second Dance Mega Prediction.

chrisdaw

You really need to quote the forshadowing of Tyrion as King because I just can't see it. I think from the beggining he's been drawn to the wall and will be one of the few Southerners to realise the threat when it falls. The Game of Thrones won't matter to him then.

Newstar is right in that there is only specific reference to kingship. There are multiple to references to prominence, power and influence. I've added some but there's more relating to the game and intelligence side of things based on the inspiration and purpose of the character that GRRM stated in an invterview and which my prediction draws on, I just have to find the interview again.

I don't agree with your characterisation of Dany either, I think she will be against Aegon almost from the start. She is not the same person she once was, I think she's probably going to emerge from Meeren a bloody conquerer and won't want to share the crown with someone as an equal. She'd marry Aegon if he was powerless without an army maybe, but with his own powerbase and success he is a threat to her whether he's real or fake.

I also really hope your wrong about the horn but I agree it is being bigged up like that. The horn just seems so Deus Ex I hope it actually turns out to be a load of rubbish.

I don't disagree Dany will desire Aegon to be a natural enemy so that she may conquer the seven kingdoms as her heart desires, but I don't agree she'll cast aside a sense of morality and procession. Rather I think internal deliberation on her part will remain prominent to her story, her learning of her father's actions have long been forestalled (and anticipated by readers) and would become pointless if she no longer cared. Likewise the intricacies of the Blackfyre conspiracy.

The horn is a necessary tool to provide orderly marshalling of the Dragons, perhaps not the most eloquent solution but definitely preferable to chapters of Dany chasing them around Essos.

I have serious problems with the North not figuring into this at all. I think Tyrion and Dany--either independently, or together--will make their way North to the Wall.

So after the dance is over, then what for the North? Because things aren't looking good for them--and by extension for Westeros--if no dragons are coming to tip the scales.

I agree that there will be a second dance of the dragons; the recent Arianne sample chapter all but confirmed that. I just don't see how you can avoid tying the North into it.

I don't really see how the North plausibly becomes part of the Dance. I don't see why Tyrion would head North before the Rock and doubt he's going North before visiting the Vale. What is for Dany in the North? It currently holds no threat to anyone and would be difficult to conquer given the sparsity and season.

To come South the North would need to first be galvanised beneath a single leader and most likely the Ironborn in the West fully expelled. I don't see that happening anytime before the Dance.

I believe Dany will be forced to flee North after the Dance, North to go South, but that's an aside to the Dance itself.

To come South the North would need to first be galvanised beneath a single leader and most likely the Ironborn in the West fully expelled. I don't see that happening anytime before the Dance.

I think this would not take as long as you think. Manderly has promised the North east of the White Knife in return for Rickon and Stannis has already bound east of Winterfell and the Northern Clans to his cause. With Jon's help he's got Karhold. If he wins at Winterfell where Roose has his main strength he will have everywhere bar the Dreadfort. The Dreatfort lies east of the the White Knife so I'm wondering if Manderly doesn't have some plan to take it whilst the Boltons are at Winterfell as part of what he promises to Stannis and a way of annoucing Rickon to the North (Dreadfort taken under Stark banners perhaps involving the massive Navy Manderly's built up).

In summary I can see Stannis being in sole control of the North early on in the next book. It looks like Dany will be going through Volantis and Pentos at least to get to Westeros so Stannis could quite easily be sitting pretty in the North by the time she arrives. The severity of Winter and the brutal conditions he's had to endure might make Stannis want to pause to recover but I wonder if the emergence of Dragons might not encourage him to play a part.

Of course the Others might keep him occupied

Yes - that's the wild card. I think much of what's being discussed may be intended by these characters, but once the Others breach the Wall, all bets are off, and the Game will be completely changed from political struggle to fight for survival of Westeros.

Newstar is right in that there is only specific reference to kingship. There are multiple to references to prominence, power and influence. I've added some but there's more relating to the game and intelligence side of things based on the inspiration and purpose of the character that GRRM stated in an invterview and which my prediction draws on, I just have to find the interview again.

I don't disagree Dany will desire Aegon to be a natural enemy so that she may conquer the seven kingdoms as her heart desires, but I don't agree she'll cast aside a sense of morality and procession. Rather I think internal deliberation on her part will remain prominent to her story, her learning of her father's actions have long been forestalled (and anticipated by readers) and would become pointless if she no longer cared. Likewise the intricacies of the Blackfyre conspiracy.

The horn is a necessary tool to provide orderly marshalling of the Dragons, perhaps not the most eloquent solution but definitely preferable to chapters of Dany chasing them around Essos.

Let me start by saying I oppose all of your ideas in this thread to the point that I won't argue most of them because they are so ridiculous that my time is not worth it. Your summation of Tyrion is that he will sit on the Iron Throne, even though he clearly only wants Casterly Rock, because of his supreme intelligence as you reiterate in the post I am quoting. Tyrion is not even close to the smartest person in the Realm. LF has outplayed Tyrion at all steps from the very beginning and is easily the smartest with Varys being his only possible equal. Cryvasse exists in the book to characterize Tyrion's progress as a strategist. However, he is unable to even remotely match the financier he plays in Essos who is there as a symbolic reference to another financier, LF, who Tyrion cannot beat. So, basing Tyrion winning on intelligence aloe is completely ridiculous. Try posting another idea when you remember to incorporate half of the realm, i.e. the North.

Let me start by saying I oppose all of your ideas in this thread to the point that I won't argue most of them because they are so ridiculous that my time is not worth it. Your summation of Tyrion is that he will sit on the Iron Throne, even though he clearly only wants Casterly Rock, because of his supreme intelligence as you reiterate in the post I am quoting. Tyrion is not even close to the smartest person in the Realm. LF has outplayed Tyrion at all steps from the very beginning and is easily the smartest with Varys being his only possible equal. Cryvasse exists in the book to characterize Tyrion's progress as a strategist. However, he is unable to even remotely match the financier he plays in Essos who is there as a symbolic reference to another financier, LF, who Tyrion cannot beat. So, basing Tyrion winning on intelligence aloe is completely ridiculous. Try posting another idea when you remember to incorporate half of the realm, i.e. the North.

So you're a LF fan?

Everything you state, and your sources, about tyrion, brown ben, aegon, the rock, and stealing a dragon, are such bullcrap speculation.. because yollo sounds like a monkey name it must have to do with the monkies on vics ship? Sooo farfetched.

The name Yollo has little to nothing to do with the foreshadowing of the monkey demon and Victarion, but ok.

I think this would not take as long as you think. Manderly has promised the North east of the White Knife in return for Rickon and Stannis has already bound east of Winterfell and the Northern Clans to his cause. With Jon's help he's got Karhold. If he wins at Winterfell where Roose has his main strength he will have everywhere bar the Dreadfort. The Dreatfort lies east of the the White Knife so I'm wondering if Manderly doesn't have some plan to take it whilst the Boltons are at Winterfell as part of what he promises to Stannis and a way of annoucing Rickon to the North (Dreadfort taken under Stark banners perhaps involving the massive Navy Manderly's built up).

In summary I can see Stannis being in sole control of the North early on in the next book. It looks like Dany will be going through Volantis and Pentos at least to get to Westeros so Stannis could quite easily be sitting pretty in the North by the time she arrives. The severity of Winter and the brutal conditions he's had to endure might make Stannis want to pause to recover but I wonder if the emergence of Dragons might not encourage him to play a part.

The Others and the situation at the wall, I'm a Stannis fan but I highly doubt anyone not named Jon is going to unite the whole of the North.

I've added some but there's more relating to the game and intelligence side of things based on the inspiration and purpose of the character that GRRM stated in an invterview and which my prediction draws on, I just have to find the interview again.

Let me start by saying I oppose all of your ideas in this thread to the point that I won't argue most of them because they are so ridiculous that my time is not worth it. Your summation of Tyrion is that he will sit on the Iron Throne, even though he clearly only wants Casterly Rock, because of his supreme intelligence as you reiterate in the post I am quoting.

I probably wouldn't put it quite as strongly as DDDUnit did, but if intelligence, acumen, prominence, power, influence, gameplaying etc. are traits that you're taking to signify Tyrion's going to sit the Iron Throne, then by that measure, he's going to have to get in line behind Littlefinger and Varys. Your arguments about Tyrion's fitness seem to point more towards Littlefinger than Tyrion, and no one (outside a few Littlefinger fans, maybe) thinks that Littlefinger will wind up on the Iron Throne.

To be fair, I do personally think a lot of the theories/predictions fans are dismissing out of hand for being too cliche or simple will actually happen (Jon/Dany, Tyrion as dragonrider, etc. etc.). But it almost seems to me like rather than taking a theory and trying to use that to work out a potential outcome, you took a desired outcome (Tyrion on the Iron Throne) and tried to work backwards to find a way to get there. And some of it isn't half-bad, but a lot of it is a big stretch, and Tyrion on the Iron Throne is probably the biggest stretch of all.

I also wonder about the part in your theory about Tyrion getting Casterly Rock, since he is and has always been hellbent on getting it. Usually, if a character in this series is hellbent on getting something, one of three things happens: 1) they never get it, 2) they get it, and it totally sucks/bites them in the ass/turns out to be hollow, or 3) they get it and lose it almost immediately. So either Tyrion never gets the Rock (likely), he gets it and can't hold it (or maybe he almost immediately develops greyscale), or he gets it and Casterly Rock turns out to be worthless (that comment from Catelyn about there being naught but stone at the heart of Casterly Rock might actually foreshadow the gold being gone already).

My biggest question regarding DWD 2 is, What's Barristan going to do? Is he going to believe Aegon as fake and never leave Dany's side? Betray Dany for Aegon believing him to be the rightful king he is sworn to protect. Is this one of the "treasons" Dany would have. Could Septa Lemore be part of this, if she is Ashara Dayne, the woman Barristan had feelings for, could she be the perfect person to persuade him of Aegon and get him to leave Dany for him?

I like your theories but I think you like Tyrion a bit much. I really doubt he's getting anywhere near the Iron Throne. I think his path will take him back to the Wall (or what's left of the watch) at some point.

I think Barriston is going to die. We will have soo many POVs in Dany's court between Tyrion, Victarion, Selmy and Dany herself. One of them has to give. Though it could easily be Victarion who bites the dust, or gets bitten by a dragon.

The Second Dance will be the end of the Game of Thrones, the climax of the civil war that began with Neds death and the War of the Five Kings, it's purpose is to destroy the last remnants of the southern armies.

I don't believe it to be the climax of ASoIaF, the Battle of Ice and Fire comes later.

And I agree, although I don't think it serves any particular purpose and I don't think the whole of the South will be left defenseless, primed, softened up perhaps more likely. I expect the Dance to be wrapped up by TWOW ends.

good theorys but you forget a number of key players , what happens with jon wht happens with littlefinger and sansa what of rickon and the north what of bran and jojen and mirra

Topic is only about the Dance and I don't think they play a part.

I think Barriston is going to die. We will have soo many POVs in Dany's court between Tyrion, Victarion, Selmy and Dany herself. One of them has to give. Though it could easily be Victarion who bites the dust, or gets bitten by a dragon.

Barristan can just go back to not being a POV again. Dany and Tyrion are mainstays, and Vic will be the ship POV. I doubt very much Vic is going to die yet with all the set up at sea happening such as Krakens and the Lord of Waters (his flagship being Tywin, which just begs to be destroyed by Tyrion). Also, Groleo.

• 8 months later...

Lazy post to reflect changes in my predictions but mainly because I want to consolidate the Sansa/Tyrion prediction and foreshadowing somewhere.

Meereen aftermath.

Not important, everyone heads west afterwards.

KL prior.

Robert Strong wins Cersei's trial. Marge's trial goes poorly, Mace has his army storm the capital in an attempt to forcibly take Marge from the Faith, the Faith fight back, blood runs in the streets and KL turns to chaos.

Aegon takes KL.

Aegon marries Arianne and Dorne solidifies behind him. He arrives in KL during or not so soon after the fighting in the streets and before any real defence can be mounted. Facilitated by Varys and the Faith he strolls in to the rapturous cheers of the population and Faith who see him as a saviour from the Tyrells. The Faith declares him King. [A cloth dragon swayed on poles amidst a cheering crowd…mother of dragons, slayer of lies.]

Dany has a treason or 3.

Dany and her Meereen forces head West, aware of each other or not. One of her treasons, or more in a collaborative treasonous effort result in Rhaegal being stolen for Aegon. Candidates are Illyrio for blood (Aegon his son), Barristan for love (Ashara, Septa Mordane) and Tyrion/Plumm for gold. Tyrion and Barristan defect. [I propose Tyrion's dream of Barristan and him fighting alongside Bittersteel means they'll fight alongside the Blackfyre pretender. That Night Tyrion Lannister dreamed of a battle that turned the hills of Westeros as read as blood. He was in the midst of it, dealing death with an axe as big as he was, fighting side by side with Barristan the Bold and Bittersteel as dragons wheeled across the sky above them.]

Sansa and Tyrion's pre-dance exploits.

Sandor returns to the world, either to the Faith or the Vale/Sansa. Tyrion will come into posession of Viserion, the foreshadowing runs as deep as the name and colouring. Will probably pick it up from a Greyjoy, outfoxing Victarion in the process. Tyrion will visit the Vale and take back his Lady wife to KL where she and he have the protection of King Aegon against the immediate renewal of any prior charges. Sansa begins politicking, outwardly portraying the devout maid and carer for the common masses while blamelessly casting aspersions on Cersei in general (most likely using Arianne as the mouthpiece) but particularly the validity of her trial due to the validity (humanity) of her champion.

Sansa may somehow work it for Aegon to legitimise Tyrion as a Targ, Tyrion may take a gold dragon on a black field for his arms.

The Dance.

Dany comes to believe Aegon is a pretender while she's in Pentos. Dany kills Aegon in battle while Tyrion is not present.

[A cloth dragon swayed on poles amidst a cheering crowd…mother of dragons, slayer of lies.]

[Smiling, he seized his dragon, flew it across the board. "I hope Your Grace will pardon me. Your king is trapped. Death in four."

The prince stared at the playing board. "My dragon - "

" - is too far away to save you. You should have moved her to the center of the battle."
"But you said - "
"I lied. Trust no one. And keep your dragon close."
]

Tyrion rallies Aegon's forces and defeats Dany, effectively winning the Dance.

[Tyrion picks up the pieces Aegon leaves scattered.

Young Griff jerked to his feet and kicked over the board. Cyvasse pieces flew in all directions, bouncing and rolling across the deck of the Shy Maid. "Pick those up," the boy commanded.

He may well be a Targaryen after all. "If it please Your Grace."

Tyrion got down on his hands and knees and began to crawl about the deck, gathering up pieces
]

Dany doesn't die, rather she is lost or forced to retreat (South to go North, she's headed North after the dance to meet up with Jon and fulfil her slaying of Stannis as AA prophesy). Arianne will have died somewhere along the line also.

Post Dance.

With Aegon dead and Dany defeated the Faith must find a new king or Queen, Tommen or Myrcella will be somewhat viable if unwanted candidates. Enter Sansa, the Faith will have taken a great dislike to Dany with her foreign heretical army, Sansa will have positioned Tyrion as the champion of the Faith, the spiritual successor to Aegon who defended the realm and the Faith against Dany when their leader had fallen and all had seemed lost. She'll likely point out that when the Faith militant was disbanded the Iron Throne swore to protect the Faith, and Tyrion has seemingly taken up this task. From the other direction she'll have Cersei ruined and the children cast out as incestuous spawns.

Somehow a fight will come about and Sandor will defeat Robert Strong. Perhaps Sansa will demand a trial by combat to settle her charge of Joff slaying, perhaps she'll demand a trial of the Seven and Jaime and Brienne get in on the act. Anyway, when Strong is defeated he will be revealed for a demon [a giant in armour made of stone, but when he opened his visor, there was nothing inside but darkness and thick black blood.] When this is revealed Cersei will be cast down due to her having basically allied with demons, every rumour about her will be considered true and her children branded illegitimate [Aye. Queen you shall be... until there comes another, younger and more beautiful, to cast you down and take all that you hold dear]. The cloud over Tyrion's head will also be removed as the demon fought in his trial and Cersei was the primary accuser.

With no-one else to crown the Faith will hand the crown over to their defender, the only dragon riding part Targ around and his innocent devout blue eyed maiden wife.

Tyrion Parallels and tidbits.

Tyrion will make good on Jaehaerys the first's promise that the Iron Crown will always defend the Faith. Jaehaerys was married to the only blue eyed Targ queen we know of and was well travelled.

Tyrion defends the name of Viserys II against the Red Viper's slander. Viserys II he claimed held the realm together as his nephew's Hand before becoming king but seemingly did not receive any credit for doing so. Tyrion likewise played the part of the good hand for his nephew and received no credit. Viserys II was rumoured to have poisoned his nephew to gain the throne, as Tyrion is accused of poisoning Joff to take his throne in court. Like Viserys II Tyrion will ascend to the throne after his nephew, well his half nephew in Aegon. Tyrion will ride Viserion which is an adaption of the Viserys name, he will also be an antagonising brother to Dany like the contemporary Viserys.

Tyrion takes the alias Hugor Hill, foreshadowing his kingship and relationship towards and crowning by the Faith. King Hugor is of course revered of by the Faith and in the Seven pointed star, he was the first King of the Andals and supposedly crowned by the Father himself. He was granted the maid as his wife.

Tyrion parallels King Richard III of England. Richard was physically deformed and portrayed as a villain to the common people, he married a traitor's daughter, Anne Neville, for her claim and was accused of murdering his nephews to secure his throne. Richard was made king when he had his would be king nephew(s) declared illegitimate. Tyrion will likewise be crowned king when his nephew and/or niece are declared illegitimate.

Sansa Parallels and tidbits.

As Tyrion will partly parallel Jaehaerys I Sansa parallels his wife the Good Queen Alysanne. Alysanne is Sansa's template for a good queen and on more than one occasion Sansa thinks or says of her intentions to be like Alysanne. Alysanne was tall and dignified like Sansa and the only Targ queen we know to have had blue eyes. She's also the only Targ queen we know to have travelled to the North and has a historical affinity with the North due to her charity towards the NW. Like Alysanne Sansa will hold great sway with her husband. The Anne portion of Alysanne connects to Sansa's parallel of Anne Neville, Alys simply means noble. Sansa and her alias Alayne are similiar to Alysanne.

As Tyrion parallels Richard II Sansa parallels his Queen Anne Neville. A traitor's daughter married for her claim (although not forcibly).

King Hugor's queen was a maid with deep blue eyes. Sansa's a maid, is compared to the maiden a few times and of course has the eyes.

Lazy post to reflect changes in my predictions but mainly because I want to consolidate the Sansa/Tyrion prediction and foreshadowing somewhere.

Meereen aftermath.

Not important, everyone heads west afterwards.

KL prior.

Robert Strong wins Cersei's trial. Marge's trial goes poorly, Mace has his army storm the capital in an attempt to forcibly take Marge from the Faith, the Faith fight back, blood runs in the streets and KL turns to chaos.

Aegon takes KL.

Aegon marries Arianne and Dorne solidifies behind him. He arrives in KL during or not so soon after the fighting in the streets and before any real defence can be mounted. Facilitated by Varys and the Faith he strolls in to the rapturous cheers of the population and Faith who see his as a saviour from the Tyrells. The Faith declares him King.

Dany has a treason or 3.

Dany and her Meereen forces head West, aware of each other or not. One of her treasons, or more in a collaborative treasonous effort result in Rhaegal being stolen for Aegon. Candidates are Illyrio for blood (Aegon his son), Barristan for love (Ashara, Septa Mordane) and Tyrion/Plumm for gold. Tyrion and Barristan defect. [I propose Tyrion's dream of Barristan and him fighting alongside Bittersteel means they'll fight alongside the Blackfyre pretender. That Night Tyrion Lannister dreamed of a battle that turned the hills of Westeros as read as blood. He was in the midst of it, dealing death with an axe as big as he was, fighting side by side with Barristan the Bold and Bittersteel as dragons wheeled across the sky above them.]

Sansa and Tyrion's pre-dance exploits.

Sandor returns to the world, either to the Faith or the Vale/Sansa. Tyrion will come into posession of Viserion, the foreshadowing runs as deep as the name and colouring. Will probably pick it up from a greyjoy, outfoxing Victarion in the process. Tyrion will visit the Vale and take back his Lady wife to KL, where she and he have the protection of King Aegon against the immediate renewal of any prior charges. Sansa begins politicking, outwardly portraying the devout maid and carer for the common masses while blamelessly casting aspersions on Cersei in general (most likely using Arianne as the mouthpiece) but particularly the validity her trial due to the validity (humanity) of her champion.

Sansa may somehow work it for Aegon to legitimise Tyrion as a Targ, Tyrion may take a gold dragon on a black field for his arms.

The Dance.

Dany comes to believe Aegon is a pretender while she's in Pentos. Dany kills Aegon in battle while Tyrion is not present.

[Smiling, he seized his dragon, flew it across the board. "I hope Your Grace will pardon me. Your king is trapped. Death in four."

The prince stared at the playing board. "My dragon - "

" - is too far away to save you. You should have moved her to the center of the battle."

"But you said - "

"I lied. Trust no one. And keep your dragon close."]

Tyrion rallies Aegon's forces and defeats Dany, effectively winning the Dance.

[Tyrion picks up the pieces Aegon leaves scattered.

Young Griff jerked to his feet and kicked over the board. Cyvasse pieces flew in all directions, bouncing and rolling across the deck of the Shy Maid. "Pick those up," the boy commanded.

He may well be a Targaryen after all. "If it please Your Grace."

Tyrion got down on his hands and knees and began to crawl about the deck, gathering up pieces.]

Dany doesn't die, rather she is lost or forced to retreat (South to go North, she's headed North after the dance to meet up with Jon). Arianne will have died somewhere along the line also.

Post Dance.

With Aegon dead and Dany defeated the Faith must find a new king or Queen, Tommen or Myrcella will be somewhat viable if unwanted candidates. Enter Sansa, first she'll have positioned Tyrion as the champion of the Faith, the spiritual successor to Aegon as he defended the realm and the Faith against the heretical foreign legions and their evil leader when all had seemed lost. From the other direction she'll have Cersei ruined and the children cast out as incestuous spawns.

Somehow a fight will come about and Sandor will defeat Robert Strong. Perhaps Sansa will demand a trial by combat to settle her charge of Joff slaying, perhaps she'll demand a trial of the Seven and Jaime and Brienne get in on the act. Anyway, when Strong is defeated he will be revealed for a demon [a giant in armour made of stone, but when he opened his visor, there was nothing inside but darkness and thick black blood.] When this is revealed Cersei will be cast down due to her having basically allied with demons, every rumour about her will be considered true and her children branded illegitimate [Aye. Queen you shall be... until there comes another, younger and more beautiful, to cast you down and take all that you hold dear]. The cloud over Tyrion's head will also be removed as the demon fought in his trial and Cersei was the primary accuser.

With no-one else to crown the Faith will hand the crown over to their defender, the only dragon riding part Targ around and his innocent devout blue eyed maiden wife.

Tyrion Parallels and tidbits.

Tyrion will make good on Jaehaerys the first's promise that the Iron Crown will always defend the Faith. Jaehaerys was married to the only blue eyed Targ queen we know of and was well travelled.

Tyrion defends the name of Viserys II against the Red Viper's slander. Viserys II he claimed held the realm together as his nephew's Hand before becoming king but seemingly did not receive any credit for doing so. Tyrion likewise played the part of the good hand for his nephew and received no credit. Viserys I was rumoured to have poisoned his nephew to gain the throne, as Tyrion is accused of poisoning Joff to take his throne in court. Like Viserys II Tyrion will ascend to the throne after his nephew, well his half nephew in Aegon. Tyrion will ride Viserion which is an adaption of the Viserys name, he will also be an antagonising brother to Dany like the contemporary Viserys.

Tyrion takes the alias Hugor Hill, foreshadowing his kingship and relationship and crowning by the Faith. King Hugor is of course revered of by the Faith and in the Seven pointed star, he was the first King of the Andals and supposedly crowned by the Father himself. He was granted the maid as his wife.

Tyrion parallels King Richard III of England. Richard was physically deformed and portrayed as a villain to the common people, he married a traitor's daughter, Anne Neville, for her claim and was accused of murdering his nephews to secure his throne. Richard was made king when he had his would be king nephew(s) declared illegitimate. Tyrion will likewise be crowned king when his nephew and/or niece are declared illegitimate.

Sansa Parallels and tidbits.

As Tyrion will partly parallel Jaehaerys I Sansa parallels his wife the Good Queen Alysanne. Alysanne is Sansa's template for a good queen and on more than one occasion Sansa thinks or says of her intentions to be like Alysanne. Alysanne was tall and dignified like Sansa and the only Targ queen we know to have had blue eyes. She's also the only Targ queen we know to have travelled to the North and has a historical affinity with the North due to her charity towards the NW. Like Alysanne Sansa will hold great sway with her husband. The Anne portion of Alysanne connects to Sansa's parallel of Anne Neville, Alys simply means noble. Sansa and her alias Alayne are similiar to Alysanne.

As Tyrion parallels Richard II Sansa parallels his Queen Anne Neville. A traitor's daughter married for her claim (although not forcibly).

King Hugor's queen was a maid with deep blue eyes. Sansa's a maid, is compared to the maiden a few times and of course has the eyes.

Not that I agree with everything - but I find this to be one the most interesting and logical scenarios of the future developments in ASOIAF on this forum.

Nice post! One character that I am pretty sure will play his part is Euron.Dany has a dream where she kisses man with blue lips - I am pretty sure it's him, and foreshadowing is pretty obvious and in your face here. Euron is also sure to have something up his sleeve regarding Victarion, and Morocco saw "great glory" in Vic's future - it is ASOIAF, so again I am sure it's nothing too pleasant.

I think the dance will play out between Rhaegal and Viserion.

My reasoning:

Dany and Drogon are meant for greater things than the squibble about the Iron Throne. I doubt they will ever get to Westeros at all.

In my view Dany's and Drogon's quest lies with in balancing of the forces of Fire, mirroring Jon's and Ghost's quest which in think lies in the balancing of the forces of Ice. Jon and Dany are working on the same project together though they don't know it.

Eddard Stark is casting a very long shadow because he was instrumental in making sure those two survived long enough to take up their task.

As to who will end up riding Rhaegal and Viserion it doesn't really matter much IMO. To me those two dragons - and the other characters, Tyrion, Barristan etc have the same role Aragon and Gandalf and Co. had - keeping things going while the main quest gets resolved by the two Hobbits.

Once Jon and Dany have completed their task, everything else - including dragon battles and who ends up on the IT, in Casterly Rock, in Winterfell etc - will look very minor in comparison.

Nice post! One character that I am pretty sure will play his part is Euron.Dany has a dream where she kisses man with blue lips - I am pretty sure it's him, and foreshadowing is pretty obvious and in your face here. Euron is also sure to have something up his sleeve regarding Victarion, and Morocco saw "great glory" in Vic's future - it is ASOIAF, so again I am sure it's nothing too pleasant.

I don't disagree (although I think the Ice cold member man may be Jon), Euron and naval combat will be big parts of the dance. I just don't have any particular theory on how Euron is going to play into things or how it's all going to play out. And god knows what Aeron's purpose is.

Perhaps Aegon with Rhaegal defeats Euron and/or Victarion with Viserion, and Tyrion picks up Viserion from there. Aegon needs a heroic win, Euron will have to die eventually, so how about Aegon kills Euron and Dany kills Arianne in retaliation. The Princess and the Queen has the original Dance being extremely brutal and bitter, I doubt our new dance will be any different. I'm expecting not just the typical deaths in combat, but torture and hostage executions, some by way of dragon.

• It is a song of ice and fire but you've ignored the ice part.

I'm missing the Vale in your predictions. I don't think the Vale can manage to skip the entire ASOIAF wars. Personally I expect a surprise from Sweetrobin.

Your analysis of Maces options is good but the Reach will either be dragged into DWD 2 or experience massive infighting amongst the Tyrells, Hightowers, Florents and everyone else who'd like to be Lord of the Reach.

I don't think that the North is going south but I fear that parts of the DWD 2 will go into the North. One of the two, and here I bet on Dany, will see the danger of the Great Other and head towards the wall instead of engaging directly with fAegon. (It is even possible that the Wall falls.) The other (fAegon in my bet) is going to rush after the first, trying to fall into their back. Either it ends with a couple of large army-vs-army battles in temporal and spatial proximity or it ends with one big multi-way clash of the Great Others army, Stannis people + NW, Dany and fAegon slugging it out.

This is based on my personal "pruning" theory: Only when all sides have suffered sufficient pruning (i.e. lost enough loved & dear ones), with one or two of the big houses ( big = great houses + major noble houses) gone extinct peace will be achieved. Or the great Other wins and there's frozen peace.

Archived