Winter Fell?

redriver

That's the idea of it, I think.But what you say about it being where the battle for the dawn ended could well be true too.

Winterfell is a secondary line of defense against the Others,or at least was intended to be.The Wall,the primary defense was also a Stark responsibility,I would say.

Both look to be compromised now.

Hmmm, summerhall?

Double hmmm

Summerhall razed - long summer

Winterfell razed...........

I have to say I don't know much about Summerhall but to have a mirroring of events there and at Winterfell would be a trade mark of Martin's.And I didn't know it presaged a long summer.Is it accepted as a contributing factor in this?

Could you link me to any threads where this has been discussed before?I don't want to steal anyone's thunder!Thanks.

I've been kicking this around in Heresy threads for a while now.

:bowdown: :bowdown: REDRIVER: I did a quick look-see through a search, and I could not find an actual thread that addressed your theory , or that presented the entire analysis as eloquently as you have.

I will keep looking. However, I think you are the mastermind behind putting the entire scope of the theory together, which is awesomeness!! I am really excited for you - and you are getting a great deal of support and further evidence through your thread, which is certainly validating.

I am also looking for more evidence to authenticate your theory. I am sure the reread thread may uncover more clues as well.

Ha, it may have been you in a heresy thread, and I tend to be skeptical of anything in there! But honestly, I can't remember and I may even be mixing it up with some other theory. If it was in a heresy thread, then I tend to check those threads only from time to time because I can never keep up. You miss one day and they're already on the next version :lol:

:bowdown: :bowdown: NENYA: You made me laugh! I would love the Heresy Thread too, but I cannot keep up with it either. But we have the Heresy Reread - which is moving at a much more reasonable pace. You and I have been having some good discussions over there too. Now Redriver, I know of THREE reread he is involved in, plus he KEEPS UP WITH the Heresy Thread!!!W

Way to go, REDRIVER!! :cheers:

Ha!Evita,steady with the praise now or it will all go to my head :blushing: ...

But your contributions are welcome and appreciated,and I hope more are coming.Evidence to counter the theory would be welcome too!

Ha, it may have been you in a heresy thread, and I tend to be skeptical of anything in there! But honestly, I can't remember and I may even be mixing it up with some other theory. If it was in a heresy thread, then I tend to check those threads only from time to time because I can never keep up. You miss one day and they're already on the next version :lol:

Now now, don't exaggerate. Most of the Heresy threads run for a week before we have to move on to the next - and we do have the common decency to run a summary in the OP

Now now, don't exaggerate. Most of the Heresy threads run for a week before we have to move on to the next - and we do have the common decency to run a summary in the OP

There is a topic under discussion here,BC.Please feel free to contribute.

And I thought you were managing so well without me... :cool4:

OK, I'm a simple soul at heart. Having reviewed all the evidence I'm not convinced that the weather is originating from Winterfell, but rather being dumped on it and parts thereabout. Slightly subtle distinction but bear with me. we've discussed on the Heresy threads that the wall isn't a defensive barrier against the Others and whatever else it out there, but instead marks the boundary between the realms of Ice/Faerie and the Realms of Men. as such its irrelevant to what's going on.

In very simplistic terms whatever is responsible for the weather isn't throwing a snowball at the Wall but over it.

Whatever pact may have been agreed so very long ago has been broken. There is no longer a Stark in Winterfell so all bets are off until such time as Jon embraces his destiny not as the son of Rhaegar (assuming R+L=J is true) but as a son of Winterfell.

And I thought you were managing so well without me... :cool4:

OK, I'm a simple soul at heart. Having reviewed all the evidence I'm not convinced that the weather is originating from Winterfell, but rather being dumped on it and parts thereabout. Slightly subtle distinction but bear with me. we've discussed on the Heresy threads that the wall isn't a defensive barrier against the Others and whatever else it out there, but instead marks the boundary between the realms of Ice/Faerie and the Realms of Men. as such its irrelevant to what's going on.

In very simplistic terms whatever is responsible for the weather isn't throwing a snowball at the Wall but over it.

Whatever pact may have been agreed so very long ago has been broken. There is no longer a Stark in Winterfell so all bets are off until such time as Jon embraces his destiny not as the son of Rhaegar (assuming R+L=J is true) but as a son of Winterfell.

I fully agree.I think this blizzard is being imposed on Winterfell initially but it will probably spread out and "join up" to become a severe Winter for Westeros.And then possibly a Long Night situation might develop when the Others come.

I suspect Jon has a long and difficult struggle before he gets to Winterfell.

Just to clarify,I don't think the storm is coming "out" of Winterfell as such.

I have to say I don't know much about Summerhall but to have a mirroring of events there and at Winterfell would be a trade mark of Martin's.And I didn't know it presaged a long summer.Is it accepted as a contributing factor in this?

Pretty sure I've got my Summerhalls and my tourney at Harrenhalls mixed up actually. Ignore me!

I fully agree.I think this blizzard is being imposed on Winterfell initially but it will probably spread out and "join up" to become a severe Winter for Westeros.And then possibly a Long Night situation might develop when the Others come.

I suspect Jon has a long and difficult struggle before he gets to Winterfell.

Just to clarify,I don't think the storm is coming "out" of Winterfell as such.

I am trying to see things differently but I cant seem to find/build a theory that could work otherwise : after what has been said before, it really sounds like winter started in Winterfell and it's going to expand. You say it is imposed on Winterfell but you don't think it is coimng out of it. Can you tell me why you think that?

I am trying to see things differently but I cant seem to find/build a theory that could work otherwise : after what has been said before, it really sounds like winter started in Winterfell and it's going to expand. You say it is imposed on Winterfell but you don't think it is coimng out of it. Can you tell me why you think that?

The alternative is too sci-fi for me, as in there is some sort of a portal between Winterfell and the Land of Always Winter, that has opened through which the weather is spewing.

I'd say the reason for it originates in Winterfell but that it has been centered over the castle.In The King's Prize Asha notes "The wind picked up as well driving the snow before it."In other words,towards Winterfell.Like a normal storm system,except this has been sent by the old gods.

Getting back to who will prevail between Stannis or the Boltons,Stannis has offered Winterfell to Jon on condition that he destroys the weirwood grove.As this was one of the original sins that led to the Pact,-

I wonder if Stannis is going to see something to change his mind when he brings Theon before that weirwood to execute him.

Aside from that,I think the Pink Letter shows that Mel has deceived Stannis by glamouring Mance,and he's not a man to forgive easily.He may renounce her "religion".

That's the idea of it, I think.But what you say about it being where the battle for the dawn ended could well be true too.

Winterfell is a secondary line of defense against the Others,or at least was intended to be.The Wall,the primary defense was also a Stark responsibility,I would say.

Both look to be compromised now.

This was also my theory on another thread but it was through castle names... I think It's the Stark legacy that binds winter to Winterfell but I'm still trying to find out what that legacy is. "ICE"

There is a puzzle to Winterfell. Other than the name what else do we have? I feel the most important stuff will be in AGOT, because that book has the most descriptive chapters on Winterfell.

So far we have:

1. Unique name...Winter Fell.

2. Unique Crypts with Kings buried with Iron swords.

3. A Weirwood tree that seems to have seen a lot of history.

4. Walls that cant be breached, but have been climbed.

5. Apparently must have a Stark in its walls.

6. Could have a ghost running amok.

7. what else?

I think Theons execution will be in front of the weirwood tree and when he gets his chance to confess he will tell the truth as only can be done while in front of weirwoods ( they prevent people from being false or lying right?) he will confess to the murder of two children but not the starks

Hmm,it's difficult.I think Jon quotes Ned as saying that "you cannot tell a lie in front of a heart tree."But obviously you can.

Jeyne Poole told everyone she was Arya Stark at the false wedding.Under severe duress,admittedly.

But a lie nonetheless,the point being that you can utter words that are lies,but the old gods will know it's a lie.

If Theon confesses the truth,it won't necessarily be believed unless certain other people in the know step forward to confirm it.

That aside,I'm really buzzing to find out what happens on that damned island.

There is a puzzle to Winterfell. Other than the name what else do we have? I feel the most important stuff will be in AGOT, because that book has the most descriptive chapters on Winterfell.

So far we have:

1. Unique name...Winter Fell.

2. Unique Crypts with Kings buried with Iron swords.

3. A Weirwood tree that seems to have seen a lot of history.

4. Walls that cant be breached, but have been climbed.

5. Apparently must have a Stark in its walls.

6. Could have a ghost running amok.

7. what else?

Hot springs

Big greenhouse

Archived