Who will Ser Bronn side with in the coming Dance?

ServantOnIce

Why himself, of course.

This. :agree:

Lord Bronn will side with whomever he believes can a.) actually win, while b.) legitimately make good on whatever gains are promised for his support.

If Tyrion becomes Lord of Casterly Rock in truth and not hopes, then that might appeal to Bronn... but unless Tyrion has something concrete to offer (other than promises), I don't see Bronn jumping on board.

Given the close proximety to KL he'd probably side with whichever side is closest to it, I mean he could hardly expect to offer resistance for long from Stokeworth. I doubt its a strong castle and that his garrison could hold out for that long, if someone was intent on taking it. In the wiki it says that Stokeworth alongside Rosby supply KL with food, so he might continue with this tradition (and demand rich rewards for it, I am sure).

The chances are Aegon will be on the Throne before Tyrion gets back from Essos. If Dany is headed all the way back to Vaes Dothrak, then she maybe away for months.

There does seem to be some foreshadowing that rather than helping Dany, he will steal the Dragons and head back to reclaim Casterly Rock and side with Aegon, whom it is likely Bronn will already have sided with....unless there are any Stokeworths in the Golden Company who will have deposed him. :)

Oh, which invading army is what you meant? The one who's there now. Bronn's there now, the Gold Company is there now. The interactions will take place between them. Stormborn is too late for relevant interaction with Bronn. Bronn's relevancy will come when the first invader gets close to KL and can benefit from the lords of the interior defecting to their cause. Bronn will show the world in a high profile way that it can be done successfully and the lord in question can survive it. Then others will flip once they see it's profitable. Also, his land could be a forward strategic outpost that gets Aegon closer to KL faster than anyone suspects possible. Something like that.

.....Then others will flip once they see it's profitable. Also, his land could be a forward strategic outpost that gets Aegon closer to KL faster than anyone suspects possible. Something like that.

I think with Stokeworth being under the control of Bronn and the Rosby succession not having been settled will prove to be important in the comming conflict, Cersei not making sure to resolve who gets Rosby will come back and bite her I think. Its also stated in the wiki that it was one of the first houses to yield to Aegon I, so it seems that KL risk getting quite isolated.

The chances are Aegon will be on the Throne before Tyrion gets back from Essos. If Dany is headed all the way back to Vaes Dothrak, then she maybe away for months.

There does seem to be some foreshadowing that rather than helping Dany, he will steal the Dragons and head back to reclaim Casterly Rock and side with Aegon, whom it is likely Bronn will already have sided with....unless there are any Stokeworths in the Golden Company who will have deposed him. :)

I don't think Aegon will have reclaimed to the IT that fast. He still has to deal with half or more of the Tyrell forces.

Archived