[TWoW Spoilers] Barristan

Ran

Haha, what are they going there for?

My theory is that there will be some dragon-related artifacts in Vaes Dothrak that will be useful to Dany. Remember that there's a bunch of crap the Dothraki left there from their various pillaging runs. VD would also fulfill Quaithe's prophecy about going East to go West. Just a pet theory.

My theory is that there will be some dragon-related artifacts in Vaes Dothrak that will be useful to Dany. Remember that there's a bunch of crap the Dothraki left there from their various pillaging runs. VD would also fulfill Quaithe's prophecy about going East to go West. Just a pet theory.

is simply being on the Dothraki Sea not already enough going east? + I think Dany being ou there has more to do with the "to go forwarth, you must look back" part of the prophecy.

is simply being on the Dothraki Sea not already enough going east? + I think Dany being ou there has more to do with the "to go forwarth, you must look back" part of the prophecy.

Hey that's a good point! but she has to have a purpose to be there I think Jay Maester Jay has a point. what else could she possibly be trying to accomplish on the Dothraki sea. I mean there's nothing to do there if not go to Vaes Dothrak right?

Hey that's a good point! but she has to have a purpose to be there I think Jay Maester Jay has a point. what else could she possibly be trying to accomplish on the Dothraki sea. I mean there's nothing to do there if not go to Vaes Dothrak right?

Burning one of her old enemies and acquire his khalasar, to add like... 20 000 new troops to her army?

For one, my estimation is that they are not actually very far from Vaes Dothrak - clearly Dany was upstream from Meereen along a tributary of the Skahazadhan, which is near VD. Second, unless we let a fair amount of time pass, which would be way after the battle of Meereen has come and gone, Dany still is not even close to having full control of her dragons. Either they will show up in Meereen randomly, or they will be doing something else first. VD seems like a likely choice given how relatively close they are.

Burning one of her old enemies and acquire his khalasar, to add like... 20 000 new troops to her army?

i mean obviously that, I see no reason why dany would let him live. but i mean after that there is no reason to just wander around in the grass. She will either have to head to Mereen or go to VD.

For one, my estimation is that they are not actually very far from Vaes Dothrak

But the thing is, you actually don't have to estimate anything, do you? You just need to have a look at the Journeys Map in The Lands of Ice and Fire. And according to this map, Dany is still at least four times closer to Meereen than to Vaes Dothrak.

Edited by 3CityApache

But the thing is, you actually don't have to estimate anything, do you? You just need to have a look at the Journeys Map in The Lands of Ice and Fire. And according to this map, Dany is still at least four times closer to Meereen than to Vaes Dothrak.

yeah but as a dragon flies, she's not too far from either.

Point taken. However, they're both close enough to be in contention for her next move. I can imagine Dany taking her new-found khalasar back to Meereen, but the fight will be done by then. That would make it a bit of a pointless plot feature, IMO. Something else is likely going to happen with the khalasar before she gets back to Meereen.

Don't know if anybody has suggested this, and I can't be bothered to read 22 pages of comments, but I believe Victarion will win the battle for Barristan, finds Dany gone, and will kill Barristan and steal a dragon and goes back home.

Tyrion may be able to tame the remaining dragon by the time Dany gets back and proves his worth to her, then they, her Unsullied army and new Dothraki army finally heads to Westeros.

Don't know if anybody has suggested this, and I can't be bothered to read 22 pages of comments, but I believe Victarion will win the battle for Barristan, finds Dany gone, and will kill Barristan and steal a dragon and goes back home.

Tyrion may be able to tame the remaining dragon by the time Dany gets back and proves his worth to her, then they, her Unsullied army and new Dothraki army finally heads to Westeros.

haha, that is exactly what I think too! Weird! except it will be Tyrion and BBP taming the dragon. the dragons liked BBP the first time they met him, I think it was Viserion specifically that was fond of him. That couldn't have been mentioned for no reason.

No one has mentioned on this thread you're scenario. I personally don't think the Dothraki will ever make it to Westeros. I don't see how a horde of several tens of thousands of Dothraki, their horses, and their women and children will fit on a bunch of boats and cross the narrow sea. There are theories out there that they may cross over the Lands of Always Winter via a land strait, but that also seems unlikely given how cold it is up there. Talk about under-dressed...

No one has mentioned on this thread you're scenario. I personally don't think the Dothraki will ever make it to Westeros. I don't see how a horde of several tens of thousands of Dothraki, their horses, and their women and children will fit on a bunch of boats and cross the narrow sea. There are theories out there that they may cross over the Lands of Always Winter via a land strait, but that also seems unlikely given how cold it is up there. Talk about under-dressed...

LOL, yeah that would be tough either way, she is going to have to get a lot of ships to make all this work. Basically she will have to commandeer the entire Volantene fleet.

They may make it to King's Landing and win Dany her throne, but I suspect that the winter will kill off the Dothraki, even if the Others don't. Mind you, the Others may be able to raise the Dothraki for their army.

YIKES, you mean an army of dothraki walkers? Holy shit, even Rick and the gang couldn't handle that!!

Point taken. However, they're both close enough to be in contention for her next move. I can imagine Dany taking her new-found khalasar back to Meereen, but the fight will be done by then. That would make it a bit of a pointless plot feature, IMO. Something else is likely going to happen with the khalasar before she gets back to Meereen.

Well, I think the battle of Mereen will be broken down in two acts. The first as we have already seen in the Barry chapters, the second when the Volantine fleet arrives. Dany will obviously miss the first battle but she'll arrive in time for the second one. I also think that Dany, after burning the Khalesars leadership is going to need some time to drive the Dothraki together (If you see your Khal getting burned your probably pretty scared) and than take them to Mereen. The time she spends in Mereen will also be beneficial to muse over her past actions. She'll probably realise what a mess she made of things, that marrying Hizdahr and selling out on her believes (re-opening the pitts) was not the right thing to do. She'll kill the girl imo and let the woman be born there.