[TWoW Spoilers] Barristan

Ran

Please, may i beg your indulgence. I am but an old man sitting by a fire with nary a keyboard to write.I am of low born seed so please forgive my errors. I have traveled far to find a place to discuss Victorian and the comeing battle...and after seeing the battle begin, i have come to the conclusion that Victorians horn will work.Please bear with me. Though he has come for Dany AND the dragons, she is not there....and wont be in time for the battle or soon after. Just Victorian gaining ground on the yunkai at the beginning of the battle and the turning of the sellswords/Dragons overhead will be enough to turn the battle. From his position he will be able to see the Dragons being served up human slim pate'..but they are not actually involved in the battle other than causing mass panic on the ground.He will have the horn blown. When the Yunkai forces are fleeing in withdraw i am sure that emmisarries from pro Dany factions will connect at some point with Victorians.His sorcerer has convinced me the horn will draw the dragons...but controlling them will be an issue.He will need Tyrion.Not so much as controlling the Dragon as learning of the Dragons...The thing his sorcerer cant do( but the red man will tell him of seeing Tyrion)..he will see the logic in it and it will convince Victorian to take him on later.In trade..Tyrion will bring the sellswords.Tyrion knows that getting the Dragons to Westros will bring Dany and convince Victorian.Victorian still has an issue of weather or not Euron will take her for himself.Maybe controlling the dragons on the voyage will give him an upper hand. Not seeing Dany arrive for days after the route will convince him of this.Meereen is not his interest and it will be Danys problem when she gets back.What ser Barristan does i do not know. Now, the problem of getting the dragons to follow.Simple.There will be heavy loses in the battle for Victorian.There will be room on the ships for the new sellswords.In the battle Victorian and everyone involved could see the dragons only interest was in the bodys being tossed up, then when they appeared full they withdrew. All he needs at this point with the horn drawing them is to fill a boat full of losers, grab a trebuchet and serve up human zagnuts on the voyage.The Dragons are already accustomed to ships since dragonbirth.Only problenm i see is where the Dragons land on the ships.Definite crew problem..but I think that is why Victorian lucked on the bigger ships on his voyage.

There is alot of details i dont see...like where he should land (Tyrion needs Casterly rock to pay the swords?)..how the relationship between Socerer and Tryion will go?...ect...but im sure that Victorian will get the Dragons back to Westros...with Dany hot on his tail. Thank you for your indulgence...now be kind to an old man of the road.

I Must explain i am only talking of the Dragons .Viserion and Rhaegal. I do not believe Drogon would be near enough or break from Dany if he did hear it. I do not know who the Dragons will select as their riders in Westeros.What do i know of Dragon thought. I just know they will get there. Drogon will need no ship when dany turns west..or an army.Its already there in Westeros. All im thinking is she will hit the beach....hot. In attitude and a younger mans eye.

You must think of how the monarchy came to long lasting power after the war of the roses, to understand how the Nobles( cast out and exsisting) will line up in power.

But then you have that cruel cruel baaastad Martin.

• 2 weeks later...

Here's my guess... I have read ALL 37 pages in order to be completely up to date

Hizdar Loraq will be murdered by the Shavepate thats the only way Dany will be free to get the hell out of there

i'm sucked into all that foreshadowing too so i think since dany has already slept and married two men (3 men in total) she can only "mount" another guy im hoping its FAegon who cares if he's a blackfyre, it'll create the irony that that civil war was for nothing

Please, may i beg your indulgence. I am but an old man sitting by a fire with nary a keyboard to write.I am of low born seed so please forgive my errors. I have traveled far to find a place to discuss Victorian and the comeing battle...and after seeing the battle begin, i have come to the conclusion that Victorians horn will work.Please bear with me. Though he has come for Dany AND the dragons, she is not there....and wont be in time for the battle or soon after. Just Victorian gaining ground on the yunkai at the beginning of the battle and the turning of the sellswords/Dragons overhead will be enough to turn the battle. From his position he will be able to see the Dragons being served up human slim pate'..but they are not actually involved in the battle other than causing mass panic on the ground.He will have the horn blown. When the Yunkai forces are fleeing in withdraw i am sure that emmisarries from pro Dany factions will connect at some point with Victorians.His sorcerer has convinced me the horn will draw the dragons...but controlling them will be an issue.He will need Tyrion.Not so much as controlling the Dragon as learning of the Dragons...The thing his sorcerer cant do( but the red man will tell him of seeing Tyrion)..he will see the logic in it and it will convince Victorian to take him on later.In trade..Tyrion will bring the sellswords.Tyrion knows that getting the Dragons to Westros will bring Dany and convince Victorian.Victorian still has an issue of weather or not Euron will take her for himself.Maybe controlling the dragons on the voyage will give him an upper hand. Not seeing Dany arrive for days after the route will convince him of this.Meereen is not his interest and it will be Danys problem when she gets back.What ser Barristan does i do not know. Now, the problem of getting the dragons to follow.Simple.There will be heavy loses in the battle for Victorian.There will be room on the ships for the new sellswords.In the battle Victorian and everyone involved could see the dragons only interest was in the bodys being tossed up, then when they appeared full they withdrew. All he needs at this point with the horn drawing them is to fill a boat full of losers, grab a trebuchet and serve up human zagnuts on the voyage.The Dragons are already accustomed to ships since dragonbirth.Only problenm i see is where the Dragons land on the ships.Definite crew problem..but I think that is why Victorian lucked on the bigger ships on his voyage.

There is alot of details i dont see...like where he should land (Tyrion needs Casterly rock to pay the swords?)..how the relationship between Socerer and Tryion will go?...ect...but im sure that Victorian will get the Dragons back to Westros...with Dany hot on his tail. Thank you for your indulgence...now be kind to an old man of the road.

Wow! excellent points WalkingDude, I think you are spot on about the crew being dragon bait, and that is how Dany will be hurried to Westeros. Vic will steal one of her dragons....I'm not sure he will steal 2, because, like you said, how could 2 of them land or be held on one ship?? but 1 of them could maybe, with the dragon horn and lots of crew to eat it is feasible that they could subdue 1 dragon and steal it quickly back to Westeros. It seems hard for Vic to lure the dragons to a ship and get tyrion on board somehow.......we will have to see :)

i dunno how feasible it is to "subdue" a living fire cannon on a wooden ship. IF the dragons will can be bent to the horn blower it'll be all good, but if they still yearn for their mother as they did as lil dragonlings in the HOTU they may not be so cool with riding in the belly of a ship for a few weeks/mos. Remember how restless they were in the pits, even when fed regularly. I don't know much of "dragonlore" and little has been able to be confirmed through text, so they whole dragon horn this is full of more questions than answers.

i dunno how feasible it is to "subdue" a living fire cannon on a wooden ship. IF the dragons will can be bent to the horn blower it'll be all good, but if they still yearn for their mother as they did as lil dragonlings in the HOTU...

Do you speak of the blasphemous "whur is ma dragonz?!" from that which shall not be named?! Basphemy! :p

Holy shit that its awesome. I'm just wondering how this battle is going to turn out. And I'd like to see afterwards who, between barristan, tyrion and victorian will end up together (also mormount moccorro and brown ben plum)

I think not. Victarion won't be able to use the dragon horn and if he use it, he'd end up burned inside out as the other man who used it.

I think not. Victarion won't be able to use the dragon horn and if he use it, he'd end up burned inside out as the other man who used it.

He is going to have captured thralls use it, with the belief the dragons would still answer to him due to some blood ritual.

Scary thing is, I think it is going to work.

So the Tyrion chapter that EW is previewing is the one directly after the Barristan battle chapter we have a sample reading from correct? Or am I way off?

Based on the first paragraph it is the same chapter GRRM has already read from where Tyrion see's the dragons eating men from the trebuchets and the representative of the Yunkish getting told where he could stick it by the sellsword companies.

• 2 weeks later...

Right, and I'm pretty sure the Battle of Meereen is a combination of Barristan, Tyrion and Victarion chapters most likely ended with a Dany "returns" chapter.

So the Barristan chapter where the Red Lamb caves in the Little Pigeon's head would be before the Tyrion sample I'm guessing.

Edited by Jon Blackfyre

• 2 weeks later...

Hi everybody !

I recently discovered this forum and I think it is really great ! And like most of you guys I am waiting for TWOW... I have read a chapter of Theon and Arianne but that's all and apparently there are others chapters from WOW ? A Barristan and a Tyrion ? Maybe more ? Where can I read them ? (I live in France)

^The Barristan chapter is in the back of the newish paperback version of A Dance W/ Dragons (or uploaded automatically to ebooks if you have that version). A new Tyrion chapter was just releases today on the Song of Ice and Fire app / Game of Thrones Guide (Random House LLC) available on phones/tablets/computer through google play or wherever