[TWoW Spoilers] Barristan

Ran

Hmmm, 'to go west go east'? Is that the quote? So going east Dany might encounter the descendants of the Starks of Bran the Sailor and sails east over the Sunset Sea, melt down the Iron Islands lands on the west coast of the north and blunder into the Others invasion....

Just a fun scenario...

• 2 weeks later...

"Only their shadows," Moqorro said. "One most of all. A tall and twisted thing with one black eye and ten long arms, sailing on a sea of blood."

I recall at the Battle of Redgrass Field mentioned by Barristan, along with the fight between Baelor and Maekar, we have the fight between Bloodraven and Bittersteel. Bittersteel was a dark haired strong warrior who was always bitter and angry and loathed his brother BR while Victarion is a dark haired strong warrior who is angry and bitter in the POVs we see him in and he loathes his brother Euron.

Bittersteel manages to fight BR, and take out his eye. I think Victarion will kill Barristan, but Barristan will take out Victarion's eye.

"Only their shadows," Moqorro said. "One most of all. A tall and twisted thing with one black eye and ten long arms, sailing on a sea of blood."

I recall at the Battle of Redgrass Field mentioned by Barristan, along with the fight between Baelor and Maekar, we have the fight between Bloodraven and Bittersteel. Bittersteel was a dark haired strong warrior who was always bitter and angry and loathed his brother BR while Victarion is a dark haired strong warrior who is angry and bitter in the POVs we see him in and he loathes his brother Euron.

Bittersteel manages to fight BR, and take out his eye. I think Victarion will kill Barristan, but Barristan will take out Victarion's eye.

No, I dont even know why you would put those two event together.

I think Tyrion is anxious because he's heard that Dany has disappeared and realized that Barristan is currently leading in her stead. Barristan certainly didn't like the dwarf with his dishonourable cunning ways but after Cersei's dismissal of him he surely has a thing against Lannisters.If he had been brought before Dany he could have argued that he used his cunning to help in her war effort (despite most of the credit going to Victarion), and added his knowledge of dragons as a bargaining chip. The fact he killed his own father might not please Barristan but it will surely prove to Dany that he's pretty much emancipated himself from his family. And the obvious thing is that he is currently on a battlefield, which so far has proven not to be his favorite spot. And if you want to make him really miserable you give Penny the pale mare. Tyrion might have hardened himself enough to kill his father but he's not yet heartless.

I think it's pretty obvious when it comes to Victarion. Once the battle is won everyone will applaud his intervention but when Dany comes back she'll be grateful but not enough that she'll agree to marry him. Victarion will be furious and eventually try to use the horn then it's anyone's guess, but I don't think he can control a dragon.

Meereen and the entirety of Slaver's Bay will still be devastated and Dany will realize she no longer has a kingdom but only the remnant of a remnant of a kingdom. She'll use Victarions ships to go back to Westeros with her unsullied, Dothraki and the rest of her followers. I can't tell if it will happen before or after Victarion tries to betray her out of bitterness.

I think it's pretty obvious when it comes to Victarion. Once the battle is won everyone will applaud his intervention but when Dany comes back she'll be grateful but not enough that she'll agree to marry him. Victarion will be furious and eventually try to use the horn then it's anyone's guess, but I don't think he can control a dragon.

Victarion might not wait for Dany's return. He doesn't strike me as someone who'd wait for the return of someone who may be dead already. And he'd need a really good reason not to use the horn immediately on the dragons present in Meereen. He wouldn't want it to look as if he needs Dany's permission to tame a dragon.

Maybe he'll try using the horn to call back Drogon to Meereen, or use the horn on Drogon after Dany returns. A distinct possibility if Dany refuses to go along with his plans.

Hmmm, 'to go west go east'? Is that the quote? So going east Dany might encounter the descendants of the Starks of Bran the Sailor and sails east over the Sunset Sea, melt down the Iron Islands lands on the west coast of the north and blunder into the Others invasion....

Just a fun scenario...

According to the map of The Known World, The Lands of Always Winter in Westeros and Mossovy in Essos may be connected by terra incognita.

According to the map of The Known World, The Lands of Always Winter in Westeros and Mossovy in Essos may be connected by terra incognita.

MAY BE, but it is not implied by the map of the known world that they are, in fact it implies that if they are it would have to be relatively far to the east of where the map cuts off due to its use of the term straits in saffron straits. Ah I just noticed you are making a new theory that it is the north of Essos that wraps back around and connects to the lands of always winter, I assume you are saying that beyond the grey waste the land curves north and turns into lands of always winter? It's possible but I point out that the farthest North we see Essos go is roughly Gull Town.

Edited by aryagonnakill

Victarion might not wait for Dany's return. He doesn't strike me as someone who'd wait for the return of someone who may be dead already. And he'd need a really good reason not to use the horn immediately on the dragons present in Meereen. He wouldn't want it to look as if he needs Dany's permission to tame a dragon.

Maybe he'll try using the horn to call back Drogon to Meereen, or use the horn on Drogon after Dany returns. A distinct possibility if Dany refuses to go along with his plans.

Victorian's plan was a smash and grab. Go in, captured Daenerys, control the dragons and leave. However Dany is not there, what will he do?

. And if you want to make him really miserable you give Penny the pale mare. Tyrion might have hardened himself enough to kill his father but he's not yet heartless.

Thanks a lot , now I can't stop thinking of that tearful scene. Tyrion is well on his way to becoming heartless, he is a Lannister after all.

" Penny would you care for a bite of a little mushroom ?"

I thought Mereen was going to be boring, but based on this chapter order and what we know thus far, this is going to at least be fantastic!

What's interesting here is that we are getting, in Barristan's words, a replay of Redgrass Field but - with the lose dragons - I could very easily see us getting a replay of the "Field of Fire." If Vic blows his horn and disrupts Barristan's plans, they may fear the day is lost until the dragons appear and roast everyone alive. If Mereen is burnt to the ground along with most of the people around it and her enemies, it would very easily end the Mereen storyline and allow for the survivors to start their trek back to Westeros.

OMG. Yes, please. The best way to untie the Mereenese knot is to just burn it! Goodbye harpy, Krappo mo Whattiz, and floppy ears. It will also end the pale mare by burning the infected bodies.

Victorian's plan was a smash and grab. Go in, captured Daenerys, control the dragons and leave. However Dany is not there, what will he do?

Exactly. His plan is no longer on track. Dany isn't there but two dragons are. He won't sit down and wait for Dany's return. He doesn't know where to start looking for her. He isn't a patient man.

He has a horn that can control dragons. It might even call back Drogon (and by extension, bring back Dany). He won't wait, he'll use it immediately.