"They're all alone." How would Jon know?

Capon Breath

In AGOT Jon 6. Jon thinks,

'The silent presence of the Direwolf gave him comfort. The girls do not even have that much, he thought. Their wolves might have kept them safe, but lady is dead and Nymeria lost, they're all alone'.

But I don't think he ever finds this information out?

Have I got this wrong?

Is Jon sensing things through Ghost ( he does similar in ADWD)

of course jon senses things thru ghost. that is why the halfhand brings jon on the ranging (book 2 ). during the ranging jon has a dream , remember about the eagle and more, the dream had come to pass it was true.

anyway, check THIS out. i saw an image on 'gawker'.com , of all places, that was professional made, possibly by HBO production, that shows jon snow sitting the iron throne w ghost at his feet.

so when jon got shanked in the end of book 5 , yeah i was enraged , BUT i think he comes back. also i my opinion, jon is NOT a targaryan or anyone but eddards son. he looks like arya and he is one with ghost.

I say he's been told about it in the letter from Winterfell about Bran waking up. It makes sense to me, even though he never mentions it. It could also be from his warging ability, as we already know the Stark children can sense through their wolfdreams that state of their siblings' wolves, like when Bran knows that Rickon is on Skagos because Shaggy was fighting a one-horned goat.

Jon is aware of his warging ability. He even feels Ghost's hunger in ASOS - there is a nice play at words when he is trying to decide if he will accept Stannis' offer of Winterfell and he realizes that he "has a hunger". Having met at least three "career" wargs as of late, he can't have failed to connect the dots.

We also know that the wolves are somewhat aware of each other, even from a distance.

bran senses his direwolf family through summer, im sure jon does the same through ghost. obviously just not as intensely

If I could still like a post, I would.

I think the younger Stark kids are the most powerful Wargs. Bran was the Three Eyed Crows choice. Arya is still bonded with Nymeria, and Rickon and Shaggy are practically of one mind the last time we saw them.

I think the younger Stark kids are the most powerful Wargs. Bran was the Three Eyed Crows choice. Arya is still bonded with Nymeria, and Rickon and Shaggy are practically of one mind the last time we saw them.

I don't think they are necessarily more powerful. It's probably like learning a new language, it's way easier when you are a kid. And also, warging is not something easy to accept I suppose, so the older you are the harder you fight it, and vice versa.

I don't think they are necessarily more powerful. It's probably like learning a new language, it's way easier when you are a kid. And also, warging is not something easy to accept I suppose, so the older you are the harder you fight it, and vice versa.

I think its the persons willingness to embrace their skills. Jon and Rob, seemed to both utilize and struggle with warging. Shaggy dog and Arya fully accept it. Sansa's personality would never allow it.

I think its the persons willingness to embrace their skills. Jon and Rob, seemed to both utilize and struggle with warging. Shaggy dog and Arya fully accept it. Sansa's personality would never allow it.

Precisely, and that willingness can come with age. I used to teach English and Italian, and I noticed kids were better at picking the accent because they didn't mind sounding ridiculous while trying, whereas older people have a hard time getting there. Same applies here, Arya and Bran have been hearing old Nan's tales and are still young enough to wish these stories were real, so realizing they have powers that everyone considers mythical is a thrill for them. Hence, it's easier to embrace it and develop it.

Archived