Series biggest hypocrites and parasites

Batman

Biggest hypocrite, tie between Cersei and Lady Olenna.

Biggest parasite, by far, Lord Petyr Baelish.

I agree wholeheartedly with you. Cersei is far and away the biggest hypocrite. She ignores Ned's pleas for her to run and save herself and her children. Instead she starts a war, inadvertantly true but she's still guilty, which costs the lives of thousands. All of these men and women die so she can protect HER own kids from a death she all but insured by not running. And in the end her children will probably die anyway and it will all have been for nothing.

And Littlefinger is by far the biggest piece of garbage in the whole story. Some characters are bad and do bad things, we find out why and although that doesn't justify it we understand their twisted motives. Littlefinger is just causing trouble and trying to gain status. He helped orchestrate a civil war just to move onto the society pages. Really Littlefinger, all this to impress a woman who clearly doesn't want you? What a loser.

Hypocrite: Tywin. Hating on Tyrion & whores, then bedding down with Shae.

It's not merely public/private morals distinction politicians make about it. It ruins his relationship with Tyrion, plus the crofter's daughter tragedy.

Hypocrite: AAAUGH, Cersei or Tywin? Decisions, decisions. Well, it's most definitely a Lannister, whatever the case may be.

Parasite: Sweetrobin. I love the kid, but seriously... he needs to learn some basic facts if he doesn't want to be murdered in the night by Littlefinger.

I simply can't view Littlefinger as nothing more than a parasite. A parasite strikes me as someone who is petty and has to rely entirely on others, whereas, on his own, LF is very, very dangerous and manipulative. Janos Slynt is a good example of a parasite. When Jon took a few inches off the top was one of my favorite scenes at the wall.

I really feel the hypocrite award has to go to Daenerys with this ruling;

A rich woman came, whose husband and sons had died defending the city walls. During the sack she had fled to her brother in fear. When she returned, she found her house had been turned into a brothel. The whores had bedecked themselves in her jewels and clothes. She wanted her house back, and her jewels. “They can keep the clothes,” she allowed. Dany granted her the jewels but ruled the house was lost when she abandoned it.

Given she had herself announced at this a few minutes earlier;

“All kneel for Daenerys Stormborn, the Unburnt, Queen of Meereen, Queen of the Andals and the Rhoynar and the First Men, Khaleesi of Great Grass Sea, Breaker of Shackles, and Mother of Dragons.”

Biggest parasite is doubtless Littlefinger. I don't really think that one requires much elucidation.

I simply can't view Littlefinger as nothing more than a parasite. A parasite strikes me as someone who is petty and has to rely entirely on others, whereas, on his own, LF is very, very dangerous and manipulative. Janos Slynt is a good example of a parasite. When Jon took a few inches off the top was one of my favorite scenes at the wall.

Let me explain why I chose Lord Petyr for the honor of Supreme Parasite. One is that he's a pimp. Owns a whole string of whorehouses. And a pimp is almost by defintion a parasite. Another is that he is the head of a ring of civil "servants" in the Customs Bureau who are syphoning off funds that belong to the Crown. And as Master of Coin he's been borrowing money from the Iron Bank in the Crown's name, investing that money, and pocketing the profits. One reason he was trying to get rid of Tyrion is that Tyrion had been going over the books and finding out about the hanky-panky. The cherry on top is that in all likelihood he's screwing his patron's wife, though it's not canon and isn't parasitism.

Archived