Series biggest hypocrites and parasites

Batman

• 3 weeks later...

Hypocrites: the maesters. They are the teachers to the lords of Westeros and their familys, but they are narrow-minded and anachronistic. They don't dissemnate the wide knowledge that they have, but force those who want to learn it to become maesters as well. The knowledge they allow is concrete and when things occur that lie outside these ridgid guidelines, they deny it.

Parasites: once again the maesters. They live off the lords of the castles, teaching their children only that which will maintain the status quo and not upset their way of life..

Hypocrite: I have to say Dany, for the reasons that have been outlined already. The divergence between her beliefs, words and actions towards Robert and the Seven Kingdoms, and her "rights;" on the one hand, and her actions and beliefs regarding Essos on the other hand, are highly problematic for me.

Parasite... I think it has to be Cersei, for me. She is almost entirely destructive. Littlefinger is a close second, but at least he's somewhat good with money. :P

I agree wholeheartedly with you. Cersei is far and away the biggest hypocrite. She ignores Ned's pleas for her to run and save herself and her children. Instead she starts a war, inadvertantly true but she's still guilty, which costs the lives of thousands. All of these men and women die so she can protect HER own kids from a death she all but insured by not running. And in the end her children will probably die anyway and it will all have been for nothing.

That's not really what happened though.

Ned's death was never Cersei's intention and I'm not quite sure how protecting her children at any length makes her a hypocrite.

She's a hypocrite in various ways with her lovers, style of ruling etc but not really in the way she acted towards Ned in GOT.

hypocrite: stannis. willingness to employ people like melisandre because of the power she brings, his willingness to give the orders for burning people when he doesn't believe in r'hollor, his willingness to do anything, including kill children to attain the throne. yet he considers him a just man and can justify all his actions as necessary for him to do his "duty".

cersei. hates being oppressed and overlooked because of her gender yet oppresses and underestimates other women.

parasite: littlefinger. he totally "lives" off of others, but i still think he's brilliant at the game.

That's not really what happened though.

Ned's death was never Cersei's intention and I'm not quite sure how protecting her children at any length makes her a hypocrite.

She's a hypocrite in various ways with her lovers, style of ruling etc but not really in the way she acted towards Ned in GOT.

Just because it wasn't her intention doesn't mean she's not still responsible. And causing the deaths of thousands of innocent people to protect the lives of YOUR children does make you a hypocrite. Especially if one of your kids is responsible for this whole mess in the first place. I stand by my argument, if Cersei would have simply ran none of this would have happened, thousands of lives would have been spared.

In terms of hypocrites, Sandor is probably high up there. He talks a lot about how awful the world is and how cynical it's made him, but his actions show that there's still a large part of him that believes in things like honor, compassion and chivalry. Not just how he treated the Stark girls, but other things like his years of loyal service to the Lannisters, or stepping in to defend Loras Tyrell from his Brother.

As for parasites my vote goes to Joffrey. He was the archetypal cukcoo in the nest, so to speak. He spent his whole life feeling superior and treating everyone else like crap because of his royal status, when in reality he was nothing more than a bastard born of incestuous union.

Just because it wasn't her intention doesn't mean she's not still responsible. And causing the deaths of thousands of innocent people to protect the lives of YOUR children does make you a hypocrite. Especially if one of your kids is responsible for this whole mess in the first place. I stand by my argument, if Cersei would have simply ran none of this would have happened, thousands of lives would have been spared.

If Ned had kept his mouth shut instead of causing problems for no reason then none of this would have happened.

It's not Cersei's fault that Ned was basically a moron and told her his plans giving her time to unpick them.

If Ned had kept his mouth shut instead of causing problems for no reason then none of this would have happened.

It's not Cersei's fault that Ned was basically a moron and told her his plans giving her time to unpick them.

See now you lost me. Resorting to simply calling Ned a moron for trying to save Cersei's life is weak. She's responsible for her crimes, trying to blame them on Ned is like a bank robber blaming a bank for having money just sitting in it. You're clearly a Cersei fan, which is fine but you're just being stubborn now by denying her guilt.

See now you lost me. Resorting to simply calling Ned a moron for trying to save Cersei's life is weak. She's responsible for her crimes, trying to blame them on Ned is like a bank robber blaming a bank for having money just sitting in it. You're clearly a Cersei fan, which is fine but you're just being stubborn now by denying her guilt.

But you're trying to say that if Cersei had fled then she'd have saved a lot of lives and probably not lost her children. When really Robert would have hunted her down and killed her and probably her children. So I'm not quite sure why you think Cersei not making that dumb and most likely fatal decision makes her a hypocrite.

She was in a life or death situation and reacted as such. Ned however could easily have done nothing with that information, but instead was going to tell robert anyway knowing how much death (and most likely war) it would cause.

Ned's doing the 'right thing' mindset doesn't erase that his decisions caused the state of the realm as much as Cersei's crimes did. Cersei gained life for herself and her children by cutting Ned off at the knees, Ned and the realm would have gained nothing by exposing Cersei's crimes but Ned did it anyway for his precious honour.

Hypocrite = Stannis. For all of his talk about duty he chose to abandon his King and brother. Stannis fails to tell Robert the truth about his progeny and fails to defend the King from his Cersei's treason.

Parasite = Theon Greyjoy. Really what has Theon ever done but live off the good will of others? As for Littlefinger the man may lie, cheat, and steal his way to prominence but he has at least done this on his own.

Tywin the hypocrite.

Petyr littleparasite.

Yes. Although I think Cersei and Tyrion are also good candidates for the hypocrite award. Cersei is kinda obvious but I have not seen anybody name Tyrion. Personally I dislike that on the one hand he makes cruel jokes about poor Lollys and her looks but on the other hand feels entiteled to a hot woman even though he is not much of a looker either.

But you're trying to say that if Cersei had fled then she'd have saved a lot of lives and probably not lost her children. When really Robert would have hunted her down and killed her and probably her children. So I'm not quite sure why you think Cersei not making that dumb and most likely fatal decision makes her a hypocrite.

She was in a life or death situation and reacted as such. Ned however could easily have done nothing with that information, but instead was going to tell robert anyway knowing how much death (and most likely war) it would cause.

Ned's doing the 'right thing' mindset doesn't erase that his decisions caused the state of the realm as much as Cersei's crimes did. Cersei gained life for herself and her children by cutting Ned off at the knees, Ned and the realm would have gained nothing by exposing Cersei's crimes but Ned did it anyway for his precious honour.

See I never said Robert wouldn't have hunted her down and killed her, I never even implied she would have safely survived. What I said was that running was the RIGHT thing for her to do, seeing as how she actually WAS guilty. You're talking like she's a victim and she clearly isn't. She made knowing choices to have children with Jamie instead of Robert, she knew this day would come, or at least should have forseen that it might. I understand her doing anything possible to save the lives of her children but saving them at the expense of thousands of other peoples children makes her a hypocrite.

Archived