Official Game of Thrones Season 3 Trailer Now Live

Westeros

No, that's definitely him persuading Mace Rayder that he's abandoned the Nights Watch

You sure about that?

I think it's some kind of code, maybe to persuade the Castle Black garrison that he didn't desert. Like Grey Guardian said, it's probably some kind of warning.

You sure about that?

I think it's some kind of code, maybe to persuade the Castle Black garrison that he didn't desert. Like Grey Guardian said, it's probably some kind of warning.

Well it just fits perfectly with what happened in the book, where Mance is talking about how the Night Watch took his colored cloak away for a black one, stole his freedom etc. Basically, its him saying that the life of a Nightswatchmen isnt a life at all, because you cant be with women, wear what you want and so on.

No, that's definitely him persuading Mace Rayder that he's abandoned the Nights Watch

Well I know we don't see the person's face, but it doesn't look like Mance from behind. The person Jon is speaking to looks like they're wearing black, but again, we can't be certain and that doesn't prove anything anyways. However, Jon seems to be sweating a lot, which seems odd for beyond the Wall. It seems as though he's been tiring himself out with something, perhaps his flight from Queenscrown to Castle Black. And I think the line is Jon trying to persuade the NW that he hasn't deserted, that he isn't lying and that the wildlings really are coming from the South. He's basically telling them that if they don't listen to him, Castle Black will most likely fall and the wildlings and probably WW too will pass through the Wall and wreak havoc on the people of Westeros.

Well I know we don't see the person's face, but it doesn't look like Mance from behind. The person Jon is speaking to looks like they're wearing black, but again, we can't be certain and that doesn't prove anything anyways. However, Jon seems to be sweating a lot, which seems odd for beyond the Wall. It seems as though he's been tiring himself out with something, perhaps his flight from Queenscrown to Castle Black. And I think the line is Jon trying to persuade the NW that he hasn't deserted, that he isn't lying and that the wildlings really are coming from the South. He's basically telling them that if they don't listen to him, Castle Black will most likely fall and the wildlings and probably WW too will pass through the Wall and wreak havoc on the people of Westeros.

But why would he call the Nights watch "the living"? The Night Watchmen could be considered to not truly be living, because they lack basic personal freedom's. As I said to Alex above here, "Well it just fits perfectly with what happened in the book, where Mance is talking about how the Night Watch took his colored cloak away for a black one, stole his freedom etc. Basically, its him saying that the life of a Nightswatchmen isnt a life at all, because you cant be with women, wear what you want and so on"

I doubt it was something from the end of the season. More like his discussion with Mance early on, most likely 1st episode. The grey tent like background definitely suggests this as opposed to Castle Black too

But why would he call the Nights watch "the living"? The Night Watchmen could be considered to not truly be living, because they lack basic personal freedom's. As I said to Alex above here, "Well it just fits perfectly with what happened in the book, where Mance is talking about how the Night Watch took his colored cloak away for a black one, stole his freedom etc. Basically, its him saying that the life of a Nightswatchmen isnt a life at all, because you cant be with women, wear what you want and so on"

Yes, but he wouldn't be calling the Night's Watch itself the living, but the people they fight for. The Night's Watch is, of course, there to protect the people of Westeros from the terrors beyond the Wall. Thus the people of Westeros, ignorant of everything that is happening and how grateful they should be to the NW, would be 'the living' that he is speaking of.

You could very well be right though. I guess we'll find out a month from now.

Lots of S3 footage released to this point (both filmed and behind the scenes) and not one single frame indicating Robb is at the Twins or going there. They're really going to try their hardest to keep a wrap on this as best they can....

There's one, if you look extremely carefully. What some have speculated as a cyvasse piece near the end of the trailer is actually a model of a direwolf's head, one of Robb's map pieces. It is being placed next to a model of what initially looks like a generic keep, but on closer inspection you can see two towers, with an arched bridge in between. AKA, Robb's arrival at The Twins.

I thought that was a beautiful, very subtle nod :)

Robb and Cat never end up in Harrenhal....perhaps they change it for the show ...or perhaps its just one of the ruined holdfasts along the way to Riverrun....there has been alot of fighting and the Lannisters have burned and pillaged and unleashed hell in the riverlands .....I never recal Cat and robb being at harrenhal

It's a camera perspective trick. The shot will start with him looking like a large beasty and end with him either landing in front of Dany or on her, as a little dragon. The dragons will only be a little bigger than when we last saw them. Likely the dragons will grow as the series progresses, however

Of course the dragons will grow. That's the point. They will have around 20 feet wing span by the time ADWD goes onscreen.

Robb and Cat never end up in Harrenhal....perhaps they change it for the show ...or perhaps its just one of the ruined holdfasts along the way to Riverrun....there has been alot of fighting and the Lannisters have burned and pillaged and unleashed hell in the riverlands .....I never recal Cat and robb being at harrenhal

You're 100% correct, but as you know, the show includes things that don't happen in the books. It's Harrenhal.

The prevailing theory is that Robb takes Harrenhal so that Roose Bolton can be there for Jamie.

Archived