Official Game of Thrones Season 3 Trailer Now Live

Westeros

That looked epic! Looks like the CGI has really been upped this season.

Wildlings climbing the wall, Jamie/Theon captured, Beric with his flaming sword, a castle that looks like Eastwatch or the Dreadfort, Dany's unsullied army, one of the dragons flying by the boat etc

So excited now!

This is inevitable. Imagine the last two seasons (after TWOW and ADOS are released) of the series with full-on clash involing white walkers and their huge wight army, dragons, armies, navy and what not. This is a lot of CGI. Hope we get to that point.

Usage of CGI will gradually increase with each season.

Its great seeing A Storm of Swords come to life like this. The only scene in that trailer that has me wondering is the one where Catelyn and Robb are walking through a castle, presumably after a battle. Is that Riverrun, Harrenhal, or some Westerlands castle? I don't remember them doing that in the book?

So we have this,

Tyrion opening a door. Face still a bit dagamed.

Wildilings, including Tormund, climbing the Wall

A large castle by the sea

Tywin walking into the throne while Jof sits on the throne

Cat and Robb brooding with bodies of northmen lying around them

Jamie held captive

Bran shooting arrow

Beric with his flaming sword

A white walker in the haunted forest

Someone (Jamie?) tied up with his face covered

Wildlings charging towards the Wall

Unsullied

Dany with the Unsullied

Cat

Cersei

Orell

Jon

Mance proclaiming that he is going to light up the biggest fire the North has ever seen

Jof

Ygritte shooting arrow

Beric Vs. Hound

Jof

Tywin

Tyrion

A boat burning

Robb and Cat

Jorah sayingg that there is a beast in every man

Mutiny

at the Craster's keep

Jamie screaming in pain

Horseriders in Dothrak (guessing)

Arya

Orell and Tormund standing in front of someone

Jon

Sansa standing by the window

Cersei

Jon and Ygritte kissing

Drogon flying by the ship commanded by Dany

Dany standing on the ship with fire (possibly dragonfire) in the background

Someone riding a horse through the woods

Someone playing chess

Robb

Arya

Jamie

Cersei

Tyrion

Did i miss anyone?

So we have this,

Tyrion opening a door. Face still a bit dagamed.

Wildilings, including Tormund, climbing the Wall

A large castle by the sea

Tywin walking into the throne while Jof sits on the throne

Cat and Robb brooding with bodies of northmen lying around them

Jamie held captive

Bran shooting arrow

Beric with his flaming sword

A white walker in the haunted forest

Someone (Jamie?) tied up with his face covered

Wildlings charging towards the Wall

Unsullied

Dany with the Unsullied

Cat

Cersei

Orell

Jon

Mance proclaiming that he is going to light up the biggest fire the North has ever seen

Jof

Ygritte shooting arrow

Beric Vs. Hound

Jof

Tywin

Tyrion

A boat burning

Robb and Cat

Jorah sayingg that there is a beast in every man

Mutiny

at the Craster's keep

Jamie screaming in pain

Horseriders in Dothrak (guessing)

Arya

Orell and Tormund standing in front of someone

Jon

Sansa standing by the window

Cersei

Jon and Ygritte kissing

Drogon flying by the ship commanded by Dany

Dany standing on the ship with fire (possibly dragonfire) in the background

Someone riding a horse through the woods

Someone playing chess

Robb

Arya

Jamie

Cersei

Tyrion

Did i miss anyone?

Yes, what about Ser Pounce?

I'm pretty sure 0:20 is supposed to be Theon, not Jamie. Milky white skin and all.

One thing of note is that the cinematography looks amazing. Or maybe they just picked the best and most CGI-heavy scenes for the trailer :) .

This is unlikely, but my first thought at seeing Robb and Cat at some ruined castle was Winterfell. It would make a nice way for them to find out... But there's no way they'd travel back and forth like that.

I'm pretty sure 0:20 is supposed to be Theon, not Jamie. Milky white skin and all.

One thing of note is that the cinematography looks amazing. Or maybe they just picked the best and most CGI-heavy scenes for the trailer :) .

This is unlikely, but my first thought at seeing Robb and Cat at some ruined castle was Winterfell. It would make a nice way for them to find out... But there's no way they'd travel back and forth like that.

not Impossible given the finger porter from season two...but highly unlikely.

Looks good to me!

I would say that

Theon is most likely the poor soul in the hood as the cross that he is mounted on looks very similar to the cross of the flayed man on the Bolton sigil, and obviously we know what's in store for him this season

If I had to guess, I think that the castle that Robb and Catelyn are in is Harrenhal. It looks very much like the same set used for Harrenhal in season 2. I was worried that it was supposed to be Winterfell, because the screencaps on winters coming.net's tumblr had it tagged as such. But surely they wouldn't have them go all the way back north just to return south later in the season, I hope. . .

What about the castle from the first shots? Dragonstone? We never did get a good look at that castle in season 2 afterall. Maybe the Dreadfort? It certainly looks intimidating enough. The Dreadfort isn't on the coast though, but it's not terribly far from it either.

Looks good to me!

I would say that

Theon is most likely the poor soul in the hood as the cross that he is mounted on looks very similar to the cross of the flayed man on the Bolton sigil, and obviously we know what's in store for him this season

If I had to guess, I think that the castle that Robb and Catelyn are in is Harrenhal. It looks very much like the same set used for Harrenhal in season 2. I was worried that it was supposed to be Winterfell, because the screencaps on winters coming.net's tumblr had it tagged as such. But surely they wouldn't have them go all the way back north just to return south later in the season, I hope. . .

What about the castle from the first shots? Dragonstone? We never did get a good look at that castle in season 2 afterall. Maybe the Dreadfort? It certainly looks intimidating enough. The Dreadfort isn't on the coast though, but it's not terribly far from it either.

I think its an exterior of Dragonstone, I originally thought the Red Keep but, well, it's not red...but it reminiscent of the artist Impressions of the RK ie Coastal star fort.

Archived