Official Game of Thrones Season 3 Trailer Now Live

Westeros

Aha! Never thought of that. These titles work on so many different levels (I'm very confident the Brienne bear scene will be in that episode as well). Kissed by Fire also perhaps works on two levels, referring to Beric's sword as well as Ygritte.

And possibly the Dracarys scene as well.

Anyone clever able to work out what will be in the un-named episodes 6 and 8?

If the Stannis/Leeches scene falls at the end of episode 6, I like the sound of "The Usurper".

As things stand, they really seem to take their time. There is no need to be hasty. They do have chosen to make this two seasons after all. And they have to introduce a lot of new characters (Mance, most of the wildlings, the Reeds, Lady Olenna, the Tullys, etc.). This is going to take a lot of time.

I've too admit, I'm really giddy to see this season despite the fact that I find many of the storylines of season 2 still almost unwatchable. But ASoS really has many great moments. I only hope they don't ruin too many of them with stupid interpretations and deviations.

Since Martin has confirmed that some scenes have been shifted around, it's entirely possible that the Tyrion-Sansa wedding is in episode 7 now. That way, the title would have two meanings.

I like the pacing of the storylines. I always thought that the bear pit scene should not happen towards the end of the season. However, it raises the question of what is Jaime going to do for the last three episodes?

Mormont's death is happening earlier than expected, but I guess it's good that the season will beging with some heavy stuff happening in the north. But Sam will almost dissapear in the second half of the season!

And the PW, although most likely is not going to happen this season, is still a possibility; "Valar Morghulis" was just a short scene of the season 2 finale, right? Mysha could well not be the final scene.

Mormont's death is happening earlier than expected, but I guess it's good that the season will beging with some heavy stuff happening in the north. But Sam will almost dissapear in the second half of the season!

This could work:

E04 - Mutiny

E05 - Slayer

E06 - Whitethree/Coldhands

E07 - no Sam

E08 - Nightfort with Bran

E09 - no Sam / Return to Castle Black

E10 - Castle Black

This could work:

E04 - Mutiny

E05 - Slayer

E07 - no Sam

E10 - Castle Black

IN the books at least, "Slayer" is before the mutiny. And I don't know if Bran will meet Sam this season.

Episode 7 is most interesting. At first it was "Autum Storms", and everyone assumed that QUeenscrown would be in it (and I still think that's possible). Then it became "Chains", which was quite ambiguous. Now, BECAUSE SOME SCENES HAVE BEEN MOVED, it has changed again. That suggest that the new title is fitting now, not before! That means that either

1) The bear pit scene was not originally in this episode and has been moved (therefore, not written by Martin)

2) The bear pit scene was always in episode 7, but Sansa-Tyrion's wedding has been moved to this episode as well, making the title even more fitting.

3) It has nothing to do with the bear pit scene, and Sansa-Tyrion's wedding has been moved to episode 7. (unlikely).

In any case, one major scene has been moved up to episode 7, it seems.

IN the books at least, "Slayer" is before the mutiny.

I didn't really remember if Slayer was before or after the mutiny, sorry.

And I don't know if Bran will meet Sam this season.

Bran will 'meet' Jon in Queenscrown in episode 7. It won't take Bran three or more episodes to get to the Nightfort.

They would not call the episode 'Mhysa' if the Purple Wedding would be part of it. Joffrey's wedding is a major event, stretching over three of the longest chapters of ASoS. They might actually put this wedding in two episodes of season 4. Putting it into an episode where many other characters would have to react to the atrocity of the Red Wedding (Arya, Sansa, Tyrion, Joffrey, perhaps even Stannis, the Blackfish, and others), and wrap up the other storylines of season 3 including Dany freeing the slaves of Yunkai, makes little to no sense.

Sam does not need to be in all/many episodes of this season. But Mormont's death has to occur to soon. He dies in Samwell's second chapter. We only get the Prologue (which we got more or less in the end of season 2 already), and the first Samwell chapter where he slays the Other. In the next chapter they are at Craster's Keep. They could give us some Gilly-Sam-wandering scenes, and conclude his story in Whitetree with the attack of the wight and the appearance of Coldhands. Bran might not reach the Nightfort, either. They could take only as far as Queenscrown.

EPISODE TITLES REVEALED:

E01: Valar Dohaeris

E02: Dark Wings, Dark Words

E03: Walk of Punishment

E04: And Now His Watch is Ended

E05: Kissed by Fire

E06: ???

E07: The Bear and the Maiden Fair

E08: ???

E09: The Rains of Castamere

E10: Mysha

The Rains of Castamere? Didn't think they'd use that for the RW episode. That sounds badass!

The Rains of Castamere will be played and sung during the final scenes of that episode. It happened in the book, although they only used the drums in there, if I'm not mistaken. It could make a powerful scene if they end up singing it as well. I really hope they will keep the lackwit Aegon Frey as an extra, and the whole throat cutting scenes as well.

Roose and 'Jaime Lannisters sends his regards' are a given, I think.

But David Bradley as Walder Frey most likely will become the most hated actor on screen. Much worse then Joffrey.

'The Bear and the Maiden Fair' should be played professionally, yes. Hopefully they won't change the Sansa-Olenna-Margaery conversation, then we'll get in there, as well.

But I'd really like to hear 'The Dornish Man's Wife' as well. Not sure if Ciarán Hinds is that good a singer.

The Rains of Castamere will be played and sung during the final scenes of that episode. It happened in the book, although they only used the drums in there, if I'm not mistaken. It could make a powerful scene if they end up singing it as well. I really hope they will keep the lackwit Aegon Frey as an extra, and the whole throat cutting scenes as well.

Roose and 'Jaime Lannisters sends his regards' are a given, I think'.

But David Bradley as Walder Frey most likely will become the most hated actor on screen. Much worse then Joffrey.

They got Coldplay's Will Champion, so the drums are a given.

Maybe they could push forward Bran meeting Bloodraven? He won't have much to do next season if they just stick to ASoS, so it would make sense at least.

possibly. but if Feast and Dance are two seasons (1st half of each book being 1 season) then what will bran do during season 5 and 6?

I get the feeling that we'll see D&D loosen up on trying to have every story line in nearly every episode. Personally, when watching season two in quick succession, I didn't have any problem with it. Watching weekly, I can see why some complained about the approach. It seems to me that the end of the season may have a series of episodes that are 'Blackwater'-ish in their emphasis on a smaller group of characters.

Episode 7: I'm thinking they moved the bear pit scene to this episode from the finale, and that Jaime and Brienne will have only one or two short scenes after this episode.

Episode 8: Focuses primarily on King's Landing and the wedding of Tyrion and Sansa, in particular. I can see the Lannister-Tyrell story line ending here, for the most part.

Episode 9: In addition to having the Red Wedding, I can also see this being a Theon heavy episode, with the Ramsay Bolton reveal leading directly into a scene prior to the shit hitting the fan. This episode will also likely have a decent amount of Arya, Bran and Rickon material. So a Stark heavy episode here.

Episode 10: We get the immediate aftermath of the Red Wedding in King's Landing, but I think the big focus here is Jon's story and Dany's story. I'd like to see the opening of this episode be Arya watching as Beric takes Cat from the water through Nymeria. A closing scene for most of the main cast (excluding maybe Theon), with a heavy emphasis on the two outliers.

I get the feeling that we'll see D&D loosen up on trying to have every story line in nearly every episode. Personally, when watching season two in quick succession, I didn't have any problem with it. Watching weekly, I can see why some complained about the approach. It seems to me that the end of the season may have a series of episodes that are 'Blackwater'-ish in their emphasis on a smaller group of characters.

Episode 7: I'm thinking they moved the bear pit scene to this episode from the finale, and that Jaime and Brienne will have only one or two short scenes after this episode.

Episode 8: Focuses primarily on King's Landing and the wedding of Tyrion and Sansa, in particular. I can see the Lannister-Tyrell story line ending here, for the most part.

Episode 9: In addition to having the Red Wedding, I can also see this being a Theon heavy episode, with the Ramsay Bolton reveal leading directly into a scene prior to the shit hitting the fan. This episode will also likely have a decent amount of Arya, Bran and Rickon material. So a Stark heavy episode here.

Episode 10: We get the immediate aftermath of the Red Wedding in King's Landing, but I think the big focus here is Jon's story and Dany's story. I'd like to see the opening of this episode be Arya watching as Beric takes Cat from the water through Nymeria. A closing scene for most of the main cast (excluding maybe Theon), with a heavy emphasis on the two outliers.

I'm in broad agreement with your episode plan although I would prefer to see the Ramsay reveal in episode 10, after the RW. Having it before would set off too many alarm bells in the viewers minds imo - we already have Grey Wind's behaviour and the unnatural friendliness of Walder Frey as hints about what is to come. Plus the fact that it's in episode 9!

I definitely agree with you on having more "Blackwater" style episodes. Chopping and changing from character to character in each episode doesn't work particularly well. I prefer the method of having different episodes focusing on different storylines. I think this may well be the case this season, with Jaime and Brienne's arc being practically finished by the end of episode 7.

EDIT: @Nezzer: Awesome news!

This could work:

E04 - Mutiny

E05 - Slayer

E07 - no Sam

E10 - Castle Black

To me it would make more sense to have:

E1: Battle at the Fist

E2: Slayer

E3: Arrival at Crasters, buildling up Rast to commit Mutiny.

E4: Mutiny

E6: Sam and Gilly in the Haunted Forest, character development.

E8: Coldhands

E10: Meets Bran at the Nightfort.

Archived