Official Game of Thrones Season 3 Trailer Now Live

Westeros

*SPOILERS* *SPOILERS *SPOILERS*

00:09 - I think that castle is the Dreadfort, if not then it's Dragonstone and the guy in the boat could be Davos returning

00:15 - Thoros of Myr or Beric Dondarrion, I forget

00:18 - Most likely Theon in the hood, awaiting Ramsay's torture (Iwan Rheon is apparently playing Ramsay)

00:23 - Unsullied of course

00:27 - Orell warging and Mance Rayder talking

00:32 - The Hound fighting Beric

00:40 - Jaime losing his hand :(

00:44 - Jon and Ygritte getting it on (season 3 sex marathon)

If my analysis is correct then Season 3 is going to be absolutely amazing. I wonder if ASoS will be split for the TV show though. I couldn't catch any scenes of the RW, did anyone spot any?

Has HBO confirmed this?

So they give us the Red Wedding in episode 9 to shock and piss of the world and the Purple Wedding in episode 10 to satisfy the vengeful viewers.

I think it has been pretty much confirmed. Sansa/Tyrion in 8, RW in 9. We have no reason to believe the PW will appear this season, unlike the other two weddings.

00:09 - I think that castle is the Dreadfort, if not then it's Dragonstone and the guy in the boat could be Davos returning

Clever!

Has HBO confirmed this?

So they give us the Red Wedding in episode 9 to shock and piss of the world and the Purple Wedding in episode 10 to satisfy the vengeful viewers.

As much as I would like to see Joffrey grasping his last breath, I dont think we`ll see that in this season...

I would suggest that it is much more likely that the final scene will be... MAJOR BOOK SPOILERS...

Catelyn being resurrected by Lord Beric. As it gives the hope the viewers need that the Lannisters will get their just desserts.

I would suggest that it is much more likely that the final scene will be... MAJOR BOOK SPOILERS...

Catelyn being resurrected by Lord Beric. As it gives the hope the viewers need that the Lannisters will get their just desserts.

Well thats good, too not as good as the Purple Wedding, but still nice.

Will they include the battle on the Wall in this season?

Do you think Varys is talking to Illyrio in the beginning and ending? When he talks about "its been a long time old friend" and "you will get your revenge in time". Do you think the show will add a few more brief hints about what that duo is up to? Perhaps some of them talking about Daenerys and how she factors into their plans?

I didn't realise dragonstone looked like Minus Morgul! :D Yeah it is dragonstone, I can just see the base of the huge dragon statue in the top left corner.

Regarding person on the cross:

Theon for sure. Remember the Tumblr post by a woman who said she saw them filming a scene with Theon hanging on a cross while being tortured by Ramsay?

Also, Ross Mullan confirmed on Twitter that 0:18-0:19 shows

the White Walker from season 2.

I doubt it. I expect the Wall-arc to end with Jon's return to the Wall.

I doubt it. I expect the Wall-arc to end with Jon's return to the Wall.

Yeah, I agree. I also think that shot with Ygritte and the bow will be integral to the end of Jon's plot for the season.

Here's where I expect each story will finish:

Robb and the North - the Red Wedding.

King's Landing - backlash to the Red Wedding.

Arya - backlash to the Red Wedding.

Jon Snow - returning to Castle Black.

Daenerys - Taking Yunkai and being hailed as 'Mhysa'.

Bran - sometime after Queenscrown.

Dragonstone - Davos prevents Stannis from trying to wake the stone dragon.

Jaime and Brienne - either the Bear Pit itself or sometime after that.

Sam - meeting Coldhands.

Brotherhood without Banners - resurrecting Catelyn.

I'm not sure about where Theon's story will end. I think it was a huge mistake including him in this season, but oh well...

Yes, that would be totally my view as well... They like playing up the saga's supernatural elements in prologues and epilogues...

And BTW definitely Varys saying: "The revenge you want will be yours in time." So he begins and ends the quotes in the trailer.

Now that I think about it this is going to be a very dark/depressing season for most of the main characters.

The castle that Robb is in really looks like Harrenhal. Maybe they will go there after its retaken and see the brutality that Clegane inflicted on the Riverlands.

I don't want Catelyn to be rezzed yet.

It needs to be midway through season 4, or whenever ASoS "ends" in season 4.

Perfect ending for Season 4. Supernatural and would flow with the previous 2 endings. Although this happens mid way book 3 pt 2 when Arya has a dream and pulls her out.

Now that I think about it this is going to be a very dark/depressing season for most of the main characters.

The castle that Robb is in really looks like Harrenhal. Maybe they will go there after its retaken and see the brutality that Clegane inflicted on the Riverlands.

Perfect ending for Season 4. Supernatural and would flow with the previous 2 endings. Although this happens mid way book 3 pt 2 when Arya has a dream and pulls her out.

Agreed, the "reveal" is one of those natural pause points when you put down the book for a moment lift your eyes from the page and exclaim (if only in your head), this is getting even better!

Nice trailer, now I'm really excited for season 3.

I really wonder to whom Varys is talking at the end.

Could it be Connington or Oberyn?

Those are the only two people I can really think of Varys would talk to about revenge and referring to them as "old friend".

Although it would be far to early for any of them to appear.

Tormund scaling the Wall is very interesting, but it's very inaccurate that he would use any tool other then his member for that, and I wonder how they'll get him back beyond the Wall after the skirmish at Castle Black.

I think this is a great trailer for the readers... many little hints to be discovered. But is it for the others?? which are a lot more?? No, I don't think so. Anyway, I think the fortress is Dragonstone, although the people in the boat do look like Jaime and Brienne.

Robb and Cat should be in Harrenhal, but I don't understand why Cat is that upset... I'm afraid it might be Winterfell. We don't have ironmen in Moat Cailin so it's possible... sorry but I don't trust D&D anymore.

As for the rider at the end, it doesn't really make sense it would be Theon... if he had a horse, why wouldn't he escape??

It looks more like Ramsay, maybe following Theon. But it could be a stuntman, and then all bets are off. Arya wears clothes like that... I would love if it was her escape from the BwB, when Harwin catches her. It was such a nice scene, with a lot of backstory, with Lyanna

Archived