Official Game of Thrones Season 3 Trailer Now Live

Westeros

Given their last encounter in Season 2, I would put money on Varys speaking those lines to Tyrion.

Varys says that Tyrion will not be seeing much of him and that they are indeed friends,

I wonder if that conversation actually took place off-screen in the books.

Because how would Tyrion pick out that one kid out of everybody in the entire world, and get it correct?

Where did you hear about that? If it's true it would be fantastic, that trailer left me wanting so much more.

We were supposed to get a 2 minute trailer, but that was before we got the Jimmy Kimmel trailer announcement.

Yes.

I have to admit I totally forgot about the mutiny before it was mentioned a few pages ago, looking forward to it.

Yeah, I have a feeling it will be great. The fact that Rast is involved is an improvement, because in the books its mostly carried out by random characters we know almost nothing about. It wouldnt have worked too well on tv.

We're gonna have sansa's wedding in the middle (maybe ep 8), and the RW in ep 9.

I'm 99% certain, I've done a lot of research on this.

And I'm also a 100% sure the PW is in mid-season 4.

There's a good reason why Joffrey, Tywin, Cat and Robb had the most screentime in the trailer.

I got the same impression!

Overall, the trailer gives the impression that the focus will be on the north, rather than in the south; overall the colours were darker than in previous seasons.

The trailer focused a lot on Jon and the Night's Watch/Samwell storylines, Cat/Robb (obvious) and Danny (as always). But the focus on Joffrey was unexpected and it certainly seems to indicate that something big is going to happen with him...

Where did you hear about that? If it's true it would be fantastic, that trailer left me wanting so much more.

Not sure if I read it here or somewhere else, but I was under the impression that a 2-minute trailer was to be released on the 25th -- and I've not heard whether this one replaced it, or whether we're getting both.

Interesting, there seems to be a second trailer out there. The only difference is that the scene of Hoster Tully's burning boat is replaced by Brienne drawing her sword.

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=xi7H86mqWo8

I saw the Brienne one on TV.

Anyway, after watching this trailer, I just realized how many characters they're going to have to introduce in season 4 and season 5.

Mace Tyrell and Randyll Tarly, possibly but possibly not the other Tyrell brothers, most of the Martells, the other Greyjoys, probably some random characters from Meereen, Stannis's men and the queen's men, the Kettleblacks, people in Braavos, the Citadel, the people Brienne encounters, and a bunch more that I can't think of.

I'm surprised they didn't cast Mace and Tarly this season. I thought it would have made sense to introduce Mace, Redwyne and Tarly early in season 3 during some council meetings. But it seems they are going to appear only in season 4 prior to the PW.

Unless I'm mistaken and Mace+Bannermen have been cast and I missed that.

I'm surprised they didn't cast Mace and Tarly this season. I thought it would have made sense to introduce Mace, Redwyne and Tarly early in season 3 during some council meetings. But it seems they are going to appear only in season 4 prior to the PW.

Unless I'm mistaken and Mace+Bannermen have been cast and I missed that.

They may have cast them and not announced them. Although I think it's far more likely they'll have him and his bannermen off somewhere fighting for Joffrey so they can hold off casting a while longer.

They may have cast them and not announced them. Although I think it's more likely they'll have him and his bannermen off somewhere fighting for Joffrey.

That's unlikely, no need to keep them quiet.

Loved this trailer!

I agree that the boat scene is Hodor and Bran approaching Queenscrown. I'm guessing Robb and Cat are looking at the devastation of the Riverlands in that scene. And the rider could be Theon but we're seeing his double or something... or "Boy" aka Ramsay.

I loved the shot of Tormund climbing the Wall, the Beric scene is amazing! Him and the Hound won't disappoint, it seems! And Drogon! Very nice...

This looks fantastic. Should definitely be the best season yet as long as HBO can capitalize on the book. So many iconic moments throughout the trailer.

That is definitely Theon....looks like he is about to be flayed/tortured.

That is also definitely Queenscrown. Maybe we will see Bran warg into Hodor!

Loved this trailer!

I agree that the boat scene is Hodor and Bran approaching Queenscrown. I'm guessing Robb and Cat are looking at the devastation of the Riverlands in that scene. And the rider could be Theon but we're seeing his double or something... or "Boy" aka Ramsay.

I loved the shot of Tormund climbing the Wall, the Beric scene is amazing! Him and the Hound won't disappoint, it seems! And Drogon! Very nice...

What would Bran and Hodor be doing at Dragonstone?

If my analysis is correct then Season 3 is going to be absolutely amazing. I wonder if ASoS will be split for the TV show though. I couldn't catch any scenes of the RW, did anyone spot any?

I do not think there will be any scene of it shown before the airing, it would be too much of a spoiler.

I just discovered that episode three will be titled Walk of Punishment. Anyone got any idea what that could refer to?

Sounds like something that fits into the latter half of ADWD to me. Maybe some random Meereese plot they came up with?

It's definetly not Bran and Hodor in the boat, why the hell would they make Queenscrown look like a gigantic castle, like Winterfell, Harrenhall or Pyke? You can see the tower of Queenscrown in the shot of Tormund and Orell and the old man, it's not the same.

Archived