Does Dany have the Pale mare/Bloody Flux?

Ser Creighton

Symptoms

Fever, intestinal hemorrhages and diarrhea

In her last chapter Danys states she feels like she has a fever. She also says there is to much blood and the time seems wrong, that it's to soon. She has all the symptoms.

Tyrion stated that you do not want to drink the river Water which Dany is doing and she also has the great thirst that goes with the bloody flux.

Last the prophecy of 3 fires.

"Three mounts you must ride, one to bed, one to dread and one to love.

One to dread? Could this be the second mount Dany must ride? The Pale Mare. I have read that a lot of people think this means to war.

But when you add what Quaithe told her

"Soon comes the pale mare, and then the Others. Kraken and Dark flame etc.."

Was Quaithe not only warning her about it coming to the city but about her contracting it.

Is Dany in the early stages of the bloody flux? It seems like she might be and she will need to find a way to cure it.

And could the Cure have something to do with Drogon?

"There were only her and the Dragon. It's scales were black as night, wet and slick with her blood, Dany sensed. And when it opened it's mouth the flame came roaring out in a hot jet. She couldl hear it singing to her. She opened her arms to embrace it, let it swallow her whole, let it cleanse her, temper her, and scour her clean. She felt strong and new and fierce." (Not the whole prophecy I skipped some discriptive parts)

Her blood on his scales could indicate the flux as she was just riding him. And it seems to be about cleansing and restoring.

Not 100% but I think Dany has the bloody flux and Drogon needs or will save her somehow.

If this has been discussed already please delete or remove it.

Dany doesn't have the flux. She drinks from a stream in the Dothraki Sea, not the river in Meereen. The cramps are from eating the green berries with blood coming from the miscarriage that resulted from eating the berries.

Yeah actually I think she does have it. Dany can't get pregnant so pretty sure no miscarriage, and it does not have to be from the river in Meereen. It's Dysentery, that's what the flux is, and she has evey symptom of it.

It makes sense to, Jon's life is in danger and so is hers. Nobody picked up on this? And it fits the prophecies, go reread her last chapter. She has the symptoms before she eats those berries. That's exactly how dysentery starts.

Vomiting, severe abdominal pain, fever, delirium, rectal tenesmus, diarrhea, intestinal hemorrages. She's the flux aka the pale mare aka Dysentary. She has all the symptoms, she was talking to the stars and she thought they were talking back. She complained about feeling feverish, she is drinking from a stream she states animal use and that it is dirty. That is one of the ways get it, animal fecal matter in the water. It fits the prophecies, she's got the flux. She did not have a miscarrage because she can't get pregnant. And she has a lot more signs then just a miscarrage and had them before the berries and before she bled. I am telling you it's the flux.

I don't know how it can be missed?

Dany doesn't have the flux. She drinks from a stream in the Dothraki Sea, not the river in Meereen. The cramps are from eating the green berries with blood coming from the miscarriage that resulted from eating the berries.

She walked thru the camp of the afflicted. Physically interacted with them, breathed their air, I'd say there's a pretty strong chance she contracted it then.

A miscarriage, really? She has been sexually active since Drogo's death but I didn't think that this was anything more than her period. Being so naked and afraid, I thought it was showing how she is just a woman beneath everything else; a woman first, and a queen second.

Is there any evidence that says she was pregnant? I must have missed it.

Yeah actually I think she does have it. Dany can't get pregnant so pretty sure no miscarriage, and it does not have to be from the river in Meereen. It's Dysentery, that's what the flux is, and she has evey symptom of it.

It makes sense to, Jon's life is in danger and so is hers. Nobody picked up on this? And it fits the prophecies, go reread her last chapter. She has the symptoms before she eats those berries. That's exactly how dysentery starts.

Vomiting, severe abdominal pain, fever, delirium, rectal tenesmus, diarrhea, intestinal hemorrages. She's the flux aka the pale mare aka Dysentary. She has all the symptoms, she was talking to the stars and she thought they were talking back. She complained about feeling feverish, she is drinking from a stream she states animal use and that it is dirty. That is one of the ways get it, animal fecal matter in the water. It fits the prophecies, she's got the flux. She did not have a miscarrage because she can't get pregnant. And she has a lot more signs then just a miscarrage and had them before the berries and before she bled. I am telling you it's the flux.

I don't know how it can be missed?

• Daenerys got the runs from eating strange berries.
  • She describes her case of the runs as "a gush of brown water". This is described markedly different from what seems to be her miscarriage, hence your claim of intestinal hemorrhage should be challenged.
  • Lastly, the pale mare is deadly. The Daenerys that waits to confront the khalassar at the end of the chapter seems to be feeling better.

Dany had a miscarriage.

She hadn't had her period for a few months. We can quibble over whether or not the miscarriage was because she ate some strange berries or if it was the stagnant water she was drinking or if it was because riding a massive dragon without a saddle messed up her lady parts -- but she was clearly having a miscarriage.

The idea that she CANT have children was something told to her by a bitter witch who had just killed her child and zombied her husband as retribution for being raped and enslaved. She isn't exactly a maester. Moreover, the exact quote MMD says is about Dany's womb "quickening" and her giving birth to a live child - so Dany having a miscarriage isn't impossible even according to MMD.

Dany had a miscarriage.

Many posters, including me, believe that if Mirri Maz Duur's prophecy was real, then it has already been fulfilled.

This is a link: http://www.westeros.org/Citadel/Prophecies/Entry/1799

And I actually agree with that. That that has come true or is about to. Does not mean she does not have the pale mare. If you can interpret a building as being a mountain, then you can interpret an internal hemmorhage as a womb quickening. Because it looked like her blood of the moon came early.

More than one thing can be happening and going on.

Tyrions master came to the camp with the bloody flux, he was already dying from it. He was moving around, it does not kill instantly.

Nurse, you mean? He seemed in pretty bad shape. I doubt he'd have been up for a walk in the country.

It seems like a pretty debilitating disease to me, even if it doesn't kill instantly. The real problem, though, is that if Dany actually does have this disease, she's going to be too sick to move very soon. Dragon or no, that's kind of a death sentence amongst the Dothraki, who follow only the strong. I just don't think that's where Martin is going with Dany right now. Her arc seems poised to take some serious action, and this sickness would sink it back into another slow, thought-driven narrative like her time in Meereen.

• Daenerys got the runs from eating strange berries.
  • She describes her case of the runs as "a gush of brown water". This is described markedly different from what seems to be her miscarriage, hence your claim of intestinal hemorrhage should be challenged.
  • Lastly, the pale mare is deadly. The Daenerys that waits to confront the khalassar at the end of the chapter seems to be feeling better.

She had the fever and the diarrhea beforehand. Which is how it starts.

Yes it can be deadly, but you can also survive it. We do not know how she is feeling. It's not stated, More than one thing can be going on. The cure is actually clean water and hydration and staying clean yourself. However in a magic world, anything kind of goes when it comes to surviving something.

The Khalassar could have her baby they may have taken him and Mormont lied to spare her feelings.

I am not arguing that another prophecy can be going on. You know dysentery can cause a miscarriage right? All I am saying is she has all the symptoms, and more than one thing can be going on. You know one prophecy can be part of another or lead to another it's cause and effect. You don't have to believe me or think I am right. The books will tell, but she can be fulfilling a prophecy or two and be sick.

People seem to think she can;t have it because they seem to think it has a 100% mortality rate and that would mean she would die. It does not have 100% mortality rate, it has a very high rate, but not 100%. Even in the books.

A pale Mare, a mare is a mount. To dread. Remember when she starts talking about how scared she is?

I am not saying one prophecy prevents another, but to think having the pale mare prevents anything is a mistake. It means she is very sick, and happens to fit into two prophecies. I don't think it means she will die, but it may be cause and effect. One of the things leading to prophecies being fulfilled could be the pale mare.

She had the fever and the diarrhea beforehand. Which is how it starts.

Yes it can be deadly, but you can also survive it. We do not know how she is feeling. It's not stated, More than one thing can be going on. The cure is actually clean water and hydration and staying clean yourself. However in a magic world, anything kind of goes when it comes to surviving something.

"In the khalasar, they used berries like these to flavor roasts," she decided.

Saying it aloud made her more certain of it. Her belly rumbled, and Dany found herself picking berries with both hands and tossing them into her mouth.

An hour later, her stomach began to cramp so badly that she could not go on.

Dany had a miscarriage.

Many posters, including me, believe that if Mirri Maz Duur's prophecy was real, then it has already been fulfilled.

This is a link: http://www.westeros....cies/Entry/1799

This doesn't have evidence that it's a miscarriage, either, it just speculates that it might be.

Putting aside the idea of a prophecy, as they may not necessarily come true at all, what is there to prove that she is pregnant? It's certainly possible, but how can it be proved? The only thing that I can think of is that she assumed she won't be having children and so probably wasn't especially careful when with Daario.

Chapter 71 page 1202 on my Ipad. "She cupped her hands and drank the water, the water made her stomach cramp." 'Cramps she could deal with." That is before she ate the berries. She eats the berries later that afternoon. Her stomach cramping starts before the berries. Yes it got worse after she ate them. Which is exactly what happen when you eat with the fux. After that every stool movement was looser than the last, until it became brown water. Which is what happens with Dysentery, even Tyrions master had nothing but brown water coming out of him.

Pg. 1203 the more she drank the more she shat. The more she shat the more she wanted drink. That is classic dysentary. She found herself crawling to the water. Then she passed out. Delirium sets in that night, it's caused by the dehydration caused by dysentery.

Pg. 1205 "She was bleeding it was only womans blood though." she does not remember the last time she had her blood of the moon, had it been months. Could be. Her cramps continued to get worse after that, "her guts were full of snakes biting as her bowels." She drinks more water and notices fresh blood on her thighs.

"The sight of so much blood frightened her and she could not remember ever having such a heavy flow."

"Could it be the water?" she asked herself.

"It took all her strength to get to her feet and all she could do was stand there fevered and bleeding."

As she continues to walk which she is a struggle for her she is hearing voices. Delirium.

So as you can see, the cramping begins with her first drink of the water and steadily gets worse throughout. Her movements get worse and worse, she has clear delirium set in, and she bleeds heavily. She even wonders if it is the water. Why has the horse meat not made her sick, she literally just ate it, give it a few minutes at least. She is literally cleaning her hands when the Khal rides up.

Think what you want, but Dany getting sick started with the water, not the berries, and whatever you think she is bleeding from, the flux can cause all of it. In the books it begins with her first drink from that stream and gets worse and worse.

Pg. 1205 "She was bleeding it was only womans blood though." she does not remember the last time she had her blood of the moon, had it been months. Could be. Her cramps continued to get worse after that, "her guts were full of snakes biting as her bowels." She drinks more water and notices fresh blood on her thighs.

"The sight of so much blood frightened her and she could not remember ever having such a heavy flow."

"Could it be the water?" she asked herself.

Okay, that seems to be a miscarriage rather than her period. :( Poor darling.

Miscarriages in a time of such simple medicine and sanitation are far more common than childbirth. So it's proof that Dany can still bear children (though not necessarily that she can carry them to term).

Another option is Cholera, but in about half the cases of Dysentery you do not actually get bloody stool, usually it is watery and has a really, bad smell. Which she does state that it is really foul.

Just remember you can survive it, it is not instant death. It actually takes about 10 days to pass or kill. But you have to drink clean water and stay hydrated, it's the dehydration the kills in most cases not blood loss.

Okay, that seems to be a miscarriage rather than her period. :( Poor darling.

Miscarriages in a time of such simple medicine and sanitation are far more common than childbirth. So it's proof that Dany can still bear children (though not necessarily that she can carry them to term).

I am not going to argue that it was or was not, it does look like it, but what caused it to happen, whatever it it was was not berries. In fact the pale mare probably killed her child. It's not uncommon, 600,000 people a year die from dysentery. About 1.5 million are infected every year. It's caused by unclean water in most cases, and is the plague of poor countries. It can cause bleeding all different kinds of ways. It also does not need to be bloody. It takes multiple forms and there are more than one form of dysentery.

I just don't see how she doesn't have it, and considering the scene where she sees a rat drinking from the water. That's like the taboo of taboos for dysentery and the flies too, thats probably the biggest danger, lots flies means lots of what? Even in the books it does not kill everyone, I think in Tyrions chapter where he escapes to the second sons he talks about and mentions if your young and strong you have a chance. He talks about not drinking dirty water from the river. Selmy says it will take 3 out of 4.

I am not saying Dany is going to die, I am saying she is sick. And fulfilling a few prophecies while being sick, so good for her.

Archived