Could Missandei actually be the Harpy?

houseHB

Missandei, a freed slave, decides to allign with slavers who kill slaves, against someone who freed her, and has been kind to her eversince.

Let me try saying it a different way.

Missandei, a freed slave, having made the connection before meeting Dany to a multitude of slave owners, not just hers, and again, allying with them when she's freed from them.

:bs:

In a Dance with Dragons when Dany is wondering if she should re-open the fighting pits, she asks everyone their approval and almost everyone says that she should, but one person does not Missandei. I thought this situation similar to Cersei in AFFC how Aurane Waters would basically go with whatever Cersei was thinking look how that turned out. Also, early in Dance Missandeis brother a member of the Unsullied is murdered, I think Missandeies behavior of being upset was just an act, also towards the end of Dance Ser Barristan notices how Missandei has an act for cunning, which could be a hint that she is more than she seems. Everyone seems convinced that the harpy is the Green Grace I am just a little skeptical about her being the harpy.

Isn't she the girl that Dany saved in Astopor? The city with the great masters and unsullied?

Is this person serious? How could a former slave defend a people that are probably related to the ones that enslaved her, and defend their way of life from the very person that freed her?

Missendei is the nicest person in essos.

This should be a clear sign that something is wrong. This is GRRM. :lol:

Missandei, a freed slave, decides to allign with slavers who kill slaves, against someone who freed her, and has been kind to her eversince.

Let me try saying it a different way.

Missandei, a freed slave, having made the connection before meeting Dany to a multitude of slave owners, not just hers, and again, allying with them when she's freed from them.

:bs:

You're right. But I believe it is feasible.

http://asoiaf.westeros.org/index.php/topic/81760-could-missandei-actually-be-the-harpy/page__st__20#entry4153340

In case you're like me and often too lazy to go back and read links: I'm claiming Missi is acting as an agent provocateur. She wants Dany to wipe them out like she did in Astopor. If the Great Masters get along with Dany, she won't kill them all and will leave them alive when she eventually does leave where they will simply turn back to the old ways. Thus, Missi is aiding the extremist elements in hopes Dany will pull another Astopor.

I also admit it is very crackpot and extremely unlikely. Just possible.

I don't see much, if any, logic behind Missandei being the harpy. If there is some, someone should put some out there. I think that, to the reader who doesn't read between the lines and subtleties of Martin's writing, the most obvious candidate for the Harpy is Reznak, the next being Hizdahr. To a trained reader, the most obvious is the Green Grace. She most certainly is a very logical candidate... but we won't know until the books tell us. So many people contemplate all these theories like "who is the Harpy?" or "who is Jon Snow's mother?" but there's not really much anyone can "prove" through the textual evidence so far. We simply just won't know until Martin tells us in his writing.

There is no Harpy, hopefully. The "Sons of the Harpy" is a more powerful symbol if they are the "Sons" of Meereen's emblem rather than the "Sons" of an eeeeevil leader. Villains without a hierarchy are always better than villains ruled by a super villain IMO.

I don't know about ruled but they very well could be working together in some form of loose organization, with some naturally establishing themselves as the most prominent among them.

A feasible plot line would be Missandei being blackmailed by the Sons of the Harpy into working against Dany (say, if her surviving brother was taken hostage), but the Harpy, no.

She's 11, a freed slave, has had a brother murdered by the Sons, and she and Dany love each other dearly.

Archived