Small questions v.10003

Angalin

I have a question.

We've heard of Basilisk Isles. I always think these islands are Iron Islands equivalent of Sothoryos ? It seems likely.

What do you think ?

Also, are people in Basilisk Isles black ?

The one that Barristan is training in Mereen is black as maesters ink, so some are.

The Basilisk Isles are right off the northwestern coast of Sothyros. Directly south from the entrance to Slavers Bay.

ETA if your asking whether or not you think the residents of the Basilisk Isles are pirate types similar to the Iron Born, then that is not a small question and you should try finding a thread about the Basilisk Isles and open up speculation there.

I have a question.

I'm reading aFfC, we have the first Sansa chapters with her real name, and then we have her chapters with the name that Petyr gave to her (Alayne). Why the change?

The name change occurs so no one will recognize her. Petyr stole her from the Lannisters and does not want them to know. Sansa is a high noble lady that people have seen all over the realm and is recognizable. The name change will help with hiding her from the Lannisters or anyone else that will be looking for her. Hope that helps.

Does Ser Jorah have any kids? He's been married twice but I don't remember him mentioning any sons or daughters. A bit odd?

His first wife died after her third miscarriage when they had been married ten years. His marriage to Lynesse Hightower, while it lasted around eight years became unhappy very quickly once Lynesse arrived on Bear Island. Probably not that surprising there were never any kids.

I think he/she was asking why the change in the name of the chapter. Well, basically when one "changes their identity" they overgo the same change in the name of their POV - the same was with Theon/Reek, Arya/Blind girl etc.

Thank you.

I thought it might have some kind of obscure meaning, but after all is just that.

Why have Crowfood and Whoresbane taken charge of Last Hearth and it's army while the Greatjon is imprisoned? It's mentioned that the Greatjon has sons and brothers, surely whichever one of these is now his heir would be the de facto Lord Umber? Unless every single one of them is dead or captive, which seems unlikely.

Also, does anyone have any idea roughly how old the Smalljon was and whether he had any chidren?

Were the mountain people that Stannis gets on his side loyal to house Stark, or just people who happened to live in the North? And if they liked Eddard, why didn't Robb try to get them on his side when he went to war? There were enough of them to make a difference, and it couldn't have been that hard seeing as they already liked Eddard and even sour Stan managed to get their help...

Were the mountain people that Stannis gets on his side loyal to house Stark, or just people who happened to live in the North? And if they liked Eddard, why didn't Robb try to get them on his side when he went to war? There were enough of them to make a difference, and it couldn't have been that hard seeing as they already liked Eddard and even sour Stan managed to get their help...

There wasn't enough time to find the clans and unite them. With Ned imprisoned and his life hanging in the balance Robb was forced to put together whatever troops he could in a short time and head south.

Everyone in the North except for wildlings beyond the Wall and Night's watch are loyal to the Starks. I think that even Skagosi are Stark bannermen "on paper". So yeah, mountain clans are Stark bannermen.

There was a small number of them in Robb's army I think, but I might be wrong, maybe neglectable or even none. I think the problem was some time/logistics/communication issue.

Archived