Small questions v.10003

Angalin

And can posters delete their own posts? (I'd like to delete this one.)

I don't think you can completely remove a post, and although you technically could edit away the contents and effectively delete your thoughts I'd say that's more or less frowned upon. (eta- except in the case of an accidental double post which should be removed with an apology and an explanation) In most cases you would probably just want to offer an edit explaining your change of heart about the original post. See the Style guide for more helpful info: http://asoiaf.wester...rd-style-guide/

Some threads get locked due to content or violations at the discretion of mods but I'm not sure about the length limits. Hopefully someone else will weigh in with that wisdom :)

ps Love your avatar!

Who was the Liege Lord of the Stormlands after Steffon died at sea? Or was it just automatically Robert and they had no interim one?

Who was the Liege Lord of the Stormlands after Steffon died at sea? Or was it just automatically Robert and they had no interim one?

It was Robert right after Steffon. In the Cressen prologue, Robert and Stannis were watching the shipwreck from the walls of SE.

I have a question. When davos is on the sisters, he noticed something on godrics daughter's daughters' hand, to which godric replied, "aye, she has the mark. Like all borrells, for five thousand years." What is the mark he's talking about, and what does it signify? Thx.

She has webbing between her fingers. The best example I can think of is the bad guy in the James Bond movie, The Spy Who Loved Me.

Lord Godric had web fingers. Davos did not seem disturbed by it. I believe she had more extensive deformity, thus Davos reaction to it.

Bloodraven and Shiera Seastar were in a relationship or at least sleeping together, was there any hint of children from their relationship?

I think that Taena Merryweather is a daughter/grandchild of BR/SS. Mostly because of her saying she older then she looks, her preoccupation of/meddling with the Iron throne, and being from Essos.

What was Renly doing during Bob's Rebellion? I just can't imagine him surviving the siege at Storm's End when he was 4 or 5.

Was Renly in Storm's End with Stannis when they were all getting starved out?

I believe he was. This was asked a while ago and I looked it up in the app & the wiki, both say he was at SE.

Yes 2 pages before. Like bottom of page 7.

Any idea what happened to Ned Stark's bones? It was sent with the SIlent Sisters and Hallis Mollen and his guard, but i wonder if they reached?

Hidden in the neck, IIRC. Lady Dustin makes mention of watching that area closely, waiting for the moment to steal them as soon as they leave the swamp.

I imagine that Howland made contact with them, and later with the people carrying Robb's will, and they're all having a party in Greywater Watch.

Any idea what happened to Ned Stark's bones? It was sent with the SIlent Sisters and Hallis Mollen and his guard, but i wonder if they reached?

Id have to guess that Howland has them. With everything going on, I imagine he wants to make sure nothing happens to his old friend and that he actually gets returned home to Winterfell.

are highborn males supposed to be virgins when they marry? Whoring is looked down upon (Edmure, Tyrion, Robert, etc.) and obviously the girls are to remain maidens, so who is left? common girls? or are they expected to wait?

are highborn males supposed to be virgins when they marry? Whoring is looked down upon (Edmure, Tyrion, Robert, etc.) and obviously the girls are to remain maidens, so who is left? common girls? or are they expected to wait?

No, highborn males are expected not to be virgins when they first marry. While open whoring is looked down upon, most highborn males don't have a shortage of candidates to loose their virginity with, such as low-born girls from their households and townholds- like nannies, servants, cleaning girls, cooks, helpers, townpeople, merchants and tradefolk's daughters etc - not whores but not highborn ladies either. And for them getting a bastard from their lord or his heir or even from his 3rd, 4th sons, is good thing to have, because it sort-of elevates their family status, lord is expected to provide for his/his son's bastards and his mother too and somewhat arrange his bastards future.

When Sam described his father's disappointment to him, his father expected him to sire at least one bastard and he failed. And in AFFC - Sam was thinking that his father would be think a little bit higher of him if he things that the baby (mance's son) who is robust and energetic and such is considered his bastard.

Also when Catelyn thinks of Jon Snow, she thinks she realized as a fact that most men (aka - highborn males in her worldview) will have bastards, she just didn't expect Ned to bring Jon to her household, she expected as ALL lords for Ned to provide for Jon and his mother, and inquire about child's welfare and arrange his future but she was supposed to even lay eyes on Ned bastards.

Robert was an exception because he had so many bastards and ignored them all. Most of the time,lords take care of their and their sons' bastards and provide for their future, it is expected that they will have bastards (unless their are too pious - and it looked down upon as "thinks too much of himself" too) and they will take care of their bastards.

Can someone help me compile a list of known magics:

Skinchanging

Shadow Binding

Glamouring

Fire-Gazing (or whatever its called that Thoros and Mel do to see the future)

Greenseeing/Greendreaming

Anything else?

I recently read the Dunk and Egg tales and am inclined to believe that Bloodraven was a user of most if not all of these magics...

the 'kiss of life' or 'kiss of fire' that Thoros and Dondarrion use to re-animate the dead.

Archived