Small questions v.10003

Angalin

I've seen a few times on the forums now that Lyn Corbray is a paedophile. I think I missed something here. Can anyone elaborate?

Littlefinger implies to Sansa that he pays him in Gold and boys to act as one of the lords declarant

^ Interesting idea! I like it.

And sorry for opening up something of a debate. I know it was naive of me but, since I'm sure it's been discussed ad nauseum I kind of thought there might be some quick consensus someone would give me and then we'd move on. x]

I just read Jaime's reasoning's last night on my 3rd read-through. It's in ACOK and he and Brienne are in the hot tub together:) He said it was his job to keep the King's secrets, like the BUtcherCrow stated above.

I have a question concerning Ladies Oakheart and Waynwood - I'm sorry if it was already answered earlier. I'm confused a little bit, because it seems to me that both of them have a position of "Head" of their houses, and I don't see why. Maybe their husbands are dead; or maybe, they were the heirs of their Houses, because there wasn't a male heir; and today they are Ladies ("Heads"), just because of that. But : both of them have sons, sons old enough to be the Lords in their own right.It is said that Aerys Oakheart is the youngest son of Lady Oakheart - and it seems to me that he is in his 20 -is. So, there must be atleast one older brother who should be the Lord of Oakheart. So, why Lady Oakheart is the head of the House?The same for Lady Waynwood. She has three sons, one of them is Donell Waynwood, who is the Knight of the gate. So, why those sons are not the Lords of their Houses ? I apologies for grammar or other mistakes; I'm not a native speaker, and it is harder to write than I imagined .Sorry :)

Lady Waynwood may have been the last member of Waynwood family and married a man of a less prominent family, but they kept the Waynwood name. So she is still the head of the family as long as she is alive. There is an SSM about Maege Mormont that sort of answers your question, will look for it.

ETA: Here it is. http://www.westeros....try/2999/ Look for Mormont. The important line is, "If the wife's family is significantly higher born than the husband's, she may use his name little, if at all."

when is dawn first described in detail in the books.

im almost done with AGOT reread and havent seen anything but a mention but no details

EDIT: put a period behind my question.... could have changed it but, nah

:)

In the first book it's described in Eddard's dream:

Ser Arthur Dayne, the Sword of the Morning, had a sad smile on his lips. The hilt of the greatsword Dawn poked up over his right shoulder.

“And now it begins,” said Ser Arthur Dayne, the Sword of the Morning. He unsheathed Dawn and held it with both hands. The blade was pale as milkglass, alive with light.

In the second book we learn that it was "forged from the heart of a falling star" from Eddard via Bran:

“The finest knight I ever saw was Ser Arthur Dayne, who fought with a blade called Dawn, forged from the heart of a fallen star. They called him the Sword of the Morning, and he would have killed me but for Howland Reed.” Father had gotten sad then, and he would say no more. Bran wished he had asked him what he meant.

After that the sword is never described again. It's mentioned in the third book when Jamie remembers the Smiling Knight ("It’s that white sword of yours I want.”) and in the fourth by Darkstar ("he was a great knight/ he had a great sword.")

In the first book it's described in Eddard's dream:

In the second book we learn that it was "forged from the heart of a falling star" from Eddard via Bran:

After that the sword is never described again. It's mentioned in the third book when Jamie remembers the Smiling Knight ("It’s that white sword of yours I want.”) and in the fourth by Darkstar ("he was a great knight/ he had a great sword.")

got ya

seems like a big deal of a sword for such little details

Why didn't Sam know that the girl he bumped into before finding that one singer of the NW in Braavos was Arya? I mean, she looks the closest to Jon out of all the members of the Stark family.

He saw a,"scruffy, skinny creature, with large boots and unwashed hair. Plus, the last person he would've expected to meet in Braavos would be a Stark.

Now for my own question.

We know Rodric the Reader is at the Shield Islands. But did he take part in the fighting? I've never pictured him as a fighter, but he is ironborn.

I didn't think much of it on my first read, but now I think that if he brings his men then he's probably leading them.

Now for my own question.

We know Rodric the Reader is at the Shield Islands. But did he take part in the fighting? I've never pictured him as a fighter, but he is ironborn.

I didn't think much of it on my first read, but now I think that if he brings his men then he's probably leading them.

His ship, Sea Song, was probably in the rear of the Iron Fleet.

Ramsay is probably making her tell him tales about the Age of Heroes, replacing all the heroes with Boltons :fencing:

lol I can imagine him laying down peacefully, making Old Nan tuck him in and tell him stories about Ramsay the Builder and how Ramsay Ahai defeated the Others.

Archived