Small questions v.10003

Angalin

According to maester de Ruyter´s lost tome of "Coasts, bays, sounds and natural harbours of Westeros and Essos" 5.2 times as many ships are lost at Shipbreaker Bay than at the Sea of Myrth, 2.54 more than at the Sea of Dorne, 3.27 more than at the Whispering Sound, 3.18 more than at Blackwater Bay, 2.56 more than at the Bay of Crabs, 2.33 more than at the Bite, 1.89 more than at the Bay of Seals and 1.07 more than at the Smoking Sea. (All figueres valid during the summers between 133 and 246 AL) ^_^

What kind of answer did you expect? :lmao:

According to maester de Ruyter´s lost tome of "Coasts, bays, sounds and natural harbours of Westeros and Essos" 5.2 times as many ships are lost at Shipbreaker Bay than at the Sea of Myrth, 2.54 more than at the Sea of Dorne, 3.27 more than at the Whispering Sound, 3.18 more than at Blackwater Bay, 2.56 more than at the Bay of Crabs, 2.33 more than at the Bite, 1.89 more than at the Bay of Seals and 1.07 more than at the Smoking Sea. (All figueres valid during the summers between 133 and 246 AL) ^_^

What kind of answer did you expect? :lmao:

^^^^^^Win

Why did the Blackfish go to the Eyrie with Lysa instead of Winterfell with Cat?

I would imagine being Knight of the Gate is a better gig than being Captain of the Guards or Master-at-Arms at Winterfell.

Edit for corrections.

Is divorce possible in Westeros or any other culture? Infidelity by a husband doesn't seem to be a big deal, but what is the punishment or response to infidelity by a wife?

From the wiki

In the Faith of the Seven, a marriage that has not been consummated can be set aside by the High Septon or a Council of Faith[15]. An annulment granted by the High Septon requires no witnesses and must be requested by at least one of the wedded pair [23]. The role and procedure of a Council of Faith is unclear.

If you're Victarions wife the punishment is you get punched to death.

There is defs a diff between King of Winter & King in the North. It could be as simple as KoW being a First Men style & KitN being an Andal invention, as in that's what the Andals called the KoW, like Mance getting called King-Beyond-The-Wall. Or of course it could have serious magic-type connotations :dunno: One thing that's always bugged me is why at the Riverrun feast when Robb is declared KitN, Maege Mormont actually shouts "The King of Winter!". Those Mormonts are freaking old-skool or/and they know some shit.

EDIT

Best guess, the FM threw down some magical warding and Ghost is not a fan. Don't think you'll get a definitive on this one.

I have no evidence so maybe this is crackpot but I'm thinking the king of winter was the title given to the Direwolf. The old kings of the north all had one so maybe thats why there are two titles

Am I right in thinking that Stannis knew about Jamie and Cersei incest before Ned was made hand

Yes. Stannis brought his suspiscions to Jon Arryn and they investigated together. When Jon was murdered (by Lysa for a totally unrelated reason) Stannis suspected the Lannisters had done it because the two had been snooping around, so he fled to Dragonstone.

Is there a general consensus as to what significance, if any, Rhaegar knighting Gregor Clegane has? Also wondering if his constant headaches may mean anything. Any threads discussing either topics would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance

Is there a general consensus as to what significance, if any, Rhaegar knighting Gregor Clegane has? Also wondering if his constant headaches may mean anything. Any threads discussing either topics would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance

I think its just cruel irony. The headaches are probably just a side effect from whatever form of gigantism the Mountain has.

Anyone know who the Knight with the winged chalice sigil is at the Eyrie when Tyrion is going to confess to Lysa? That was also Ser Arlan's sigil from D&E but he was from the Riverlands.

Archived